ADVERTISEMENT

Direct tv issues

I’m actually shocked people still use Direct TV. What’s the benefit of it over streaming? I’m assuming some people might not have access to high speed internet.
People have their reasons. For one, Bally Sports. Not going to miss watching my Cincinnati Reds. Two, I care for my older parents in my house and teaching them how to use all of the different streaming devices and apps. It is a challenge to them so keeping a regular remote around is so much simpler for us all. Three, I have yet to find a streaming platform with as precise RW/FW functions as the Directv remotes have that don't go back too far in the action, which is especially helpful during live sports. Four, don't have to deal with the lagging of internet speed like I do when watching Peacock, etc. Five, by the time I bundle different services to get all of the channels I want, already paying over $100 to accommodate all of this. Easier to keep Directv for $130, 4 boxes and have all of my channels in one place.

Reactions: Ugoff and bthaunert
If anybody wants to switch to YTTV, I'll send you my referral link, sign up and we both save extra money the first month.

I understand DTV for those who live in a rural area or have slow internet. That is my parents. They don't have other options. Or if you want to watch Bally Channels (get it); I just don't watch regular season baseball.

But if you live anywhere near a major city and have good internet, YTTV is the way to go. It is basically half the price of DTV (especially the first year). I had DTV for 13 years, and every year I would call and haggle the price, until it came to a point they had no more deals, and didn't try to get me when I canceled. I was paying $150ish without any monthly discounts.

So it is not for everybody, but I would think YTTV is better for most people over DTV.

So I just turned on espn and see no channel, sec channel as well…anyone else?
You are allowed to suspend it twice a year. I called and suspended mine and picked up YouTube TV for a month. I’ll cancel YouTube TV a day before they bill me for another month and then turn DTV back on. Surely they’ll have it resolved in a month or much sooner. I’ll do 1 month regardless so I don’t get billed for two services in the same month..

You are allowed to suspend it twice a year. I called and suspended mine and picked up YouTube TV for a month. I’ll cancel YouTube TV a day before they bill me for another month and then turn DTV back on. Surely they’ll have it resolved in a month or much sooner. I’ll do 1 month regardless so I don’t get billed for two services in the same month..
That’s some confusing racket but you do you

I’m actually shocked people still use Direct TV. What’s the benefit of it over streaming? I’m assuming some people might not have access to high speed internet.
I use it because I have a receiver in another room. I have to stream through a firestick hooked up to the receiver and by doing that I can’t get the same picture that my TV gives and have use fire tv’s picture which is awful compared to my Samsung HDTV. My DTV box is connected thru a CAT5 in the wall that goes to the reciever so the picture is perfect. I’d have to tear up the walls again and run a HDMI cable from the TV to the receiver to get the good TV picture through streaming. May end up doing it as DTV is way too expensive. ($212).

Huh??? You make a quick call to DTV, turn the service off for a month and get YouTube TV for that month. The whole process took 5 minutes and I’m watching Tennis now. It’s only confusing if a person Is dumber than dirt.
Well I’ve never done direct tv and I maybe dumber than shit but not dirt girlfriend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT