ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham

9 assists with 0 turnovers! Dilly DIlly indeed!

R.6ec9da99b429c773fed7a14c71865451

Dillingham and Jordan Burks have really good chemistry. I think I remember reading they're best friends, and of course went to OTE together. We probably won't see a lot of Burks now that Bradshaw is going to enter the rotation, but it wouldn't shock me to get a Marcus Lee-like game from Burks later this year if Bradshaw/Mitchell end up in foul trouble.

But yeah, Dillingham is awesome.

Dillingham and Jordan Burks have really good chemistry. I think I remember reading they're best friends, and of course went to OTE together. We probably won't see a lot of Burks now that Bradshaw is going to enter the rotation, but it wouldn't shock me to get a Marcus Lee-like game from Burks later this year if Bradshaw/Mitchell end up in foul trouble.

I love Burks. He's aggressive. Not afraid to mix it up. He needs to get stronger as he does lose the ball a bit, but the S&C will help him get that fixed.

I love the way Burks is gaining confidence. Did you see him point to our bench when he nailed his free throw? I think he’s been working hard on making those.

I think he’ll still get 5 to 7 minutes when Bradshaw returns, giving the front court breathers.

The reality is that’s who should have the ball in an end of game, need a bucket situation. This narrative that he’s too reckless is misguided. Just have to work with him a little on “get the best shot” but nobody can stay in front of him. He can get a shot at anytime he wants. Or he’ll draw D and leave Reed/reeves/Mitchell open on the perimeter…also capable
Of finishing at the rim w some craftiness up on the glass.

But the under 4 offense where we stand around (bc Cal is 100% going to do that) he’s is your best chance at consistently getting a decent look

Fairly or unfairly, he had a bit of a reputation for being a chucker when we were recruiting him, but I’ve seen very little of that since he got here. He’s been a very unselfish player, which combined with his ability to open up defenses with his speed has been a blast to watch. Better defender and rebounder than I was expecting too. He’s the player I’ve been most pleasantly surprised by so far with this team.

He was having nothing of Cal’s stall ball. He missed his last four shots, but he was attacking the basket.
We had a 29 point lead with 8 minutes to go. Of course you want to use up shot clock at that point.

We’ve all been upset with Cal the last few years…but let’s give the guy credit now, this team is a blast to watch.

I get down right giddy thinking about how good this team is going to be adding Bradshaw.

Last edited:
The reality is that’s who should have the ball in an end of game, need a bucket situation. This narrative that he’s too reckless is misguided. Just have to work with him a little on “get the best shot” but nobody can stay in front of him. He can get a shot at anytime he wants. Or he’ll draw D and leave Reed/reeves/Mitchell open on the perimeter…also capable

But the under 4 offense where we stand around (bc Cal is 100% going to do that) he’s is your best chance at consistently getting a decent look
Agree 100%

Reactions: Fox2monk

The under 4 offense is a problem…..I agree…

Fairly or unfairly, he had a bit of a reputation for being a chucker when we were recruiting him, but I’ve seen very little of that since he got here. He’s been a very unselfish player, which combined with his ability to open up defenses with his speed has been a blast to watch. Better defender and rebounder than I was expecting too. He’s the player I’ve been most pleasantly surprised by so far with this team.
I agree. Some might say Shep, but I watched Reed in high school and I knew he would be a great player.

Maybe not this early, but I knew he had to be in the rotation.

But Dilly has shocked me how good he’s looked… WOW!

He can get a little funny one on one, but when he beats his man it’s demoralizing. Drive or step back, doesn’t matter. He makes people feel embarrassed.

I love the way Burks is gaining confidence. Did you see him point to our bench when he nailed his free throw? I think he’s been working hard on making those.

I think he’ll still get 5 to 7 minutes when Bradshaw returns, giving the front court breathers.
He’s improving. Caught 2 passes and finished.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal tries to turn a 27 point lead in to a 15 point win & Dilly was having no part in that lol thank goodness. Under 3 mins then yeah, you can slow it down but not with 5-6 mins to go. Don’t take the first open look but still be aggressive, we’ve been burned so much doing that but yet still try it every game.

I hadn’t seen Rob play before UK. I had the impression he was frequently out of control and a gunner.
He is neither. Really enjoy watching him play

I’ve been so impressed by him. Going into the season, I thought he’d be slightly erratic, with a lot of electric moments, but a lot of “wtf are you doing?” moments, based on how he played in HS.

Credit to him: he’s managed to maintain the electricity, while playing almost completely mistake-free and eliminating most of the erratic plays. Absolutely incredible player.

Dillingham is playing under control more now and is working on his D. He and Reed work well off the bench. Miami did not have an answer for them after half tbh.

I’ve been so impressed by him. Going into the season, I thought he’d be slightly erratic, with a lot of electric moments, but a lot of “wtf are you doing?” moments, based on how he played in HS.

Credit to him: he’s managed to maintain the electricity, while playing almost completely mistake-free and eliminating most of the erratic plays. Absolutely incredible player.
I think Cal has ridden him pretty hard and he’s responded well. Also seems, from very short clips on TV, that Rob and Tyler Ulis have great rapport.

Dilly's shooting has been a boon. He struggled shooting in the preseason and his shooting stats were quite mediocre pre-college. His shooting is far superior to reasonable expectations so far.
I think bulking up quickly has helped his shooting. His shots are coming off a strong base.

is Deluxe. Puts pressure on the ball, and deals on offense. Love to watch him go.
He’s a wizard with the ball, he finishes at the rim a multitude of ways, and he’s a way better shooter than anyone expected. Kid is a maestro with the ball. Whipping passes, finding gaps, behind the back of defenders. He’s nasty with the ball on a string. He’s really hard to guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT