ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham

He was having nothing of Cal’s stall ball. He missed his last four shots, but he was attacking the basket.
He forced a couple he normally wouldn’t take. I don’t mind it with that lead but I love his aggressiveness. We did need to burn some clock late though. The rate those garbage refs were calling fouls to try and keep the beat down under 30 was dumb. Just needed the game to get over at that point. The absolute beat down we will put on UofL this year will be something to behold.

Reactions: University-6
Dillingham and Jordan Burks have really good chemistry. I think I remember reading they're best friends, and of course went to OTE together. We probably won't see a lot of Burks now that Bradshaw is going to enter the rotation, but it wouldn't shock me to get a Marcus Lee-like game from Burks later this year if Bradshaw/Mitchell end up in foul trouble.

But yeah, Dillingham is awesome.
Burks has really surprised me and has provided some absolute clutch minutes in the post playing out of position to win. I love that kid as you can tell he’s unselfish and is willing to do what the team needs. We need Bradshaw but I hope we find a way to get him 8-10 minutes a game. He deserves it and I want him happy because he will be a good one in the years to come.

I think Cal has ridden him pretty hard and he’s responded well. Also seems, from very short clips on TV, that Rob and Tyler Ulis have great rapport.
I would not be shocked at all to see by the end of the year that Rob or Reed challenges for 1st team All-SEC and possible Player of the year. Most likely it will go to an upperclassmen but I can see it. Especially if we are as good as we should be.

Dilly's shooting has been a boon. He struggled shooting in the preseason and his shooting stats were quite mediocre pre-college. His shooting is far superior to reasonable expectations so far.
I think him gaining muscle has helped a ton. Plus getting so much practice time and shots up you can tell he working hard on it.

Reactions: University-6
Cal tries to turn a 27 point lead in to a 15 point win & Dilly was having no part in that lol thank goodness. Under 3 mins then yeah, you can slow it down but not with 5-6 mins to go. Don’t take the first open look but still be aggressive, we’ve been burned so much doing that but yet still try it every game.
That’s what we basically did. Dillingham missed a layup he normally makes, Reed missed an open 3, Rob missed a mid range jumper. Then under 4 minutes Rob took a couple bad shots but had at least 2 nice assists. One to Burks for an And-1 I believe.

I didn't know Rob was such a good PG. I'll be honest. I thought he was a scoring guard kinda like Kyrie or Brandon Jennings. But he has surprised me.
He’s always reminded me of Kyrie. That’s a great comparison. Both have the ball on a string, both pass the ball, and both score around the basket in many ways. Now Rob is even shooting like Kyrie. I think Rob is even better as a pure PG but that’s a great Comparison to his game IMO.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT