ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham Will Cost UK Games. Not a Team Player

I actually liked how smooth he was he just dribbles a lot. His jumper form is nice but he needs reps and confidence. He's a back up though at this moment but I'm glad he's our back up.

Reactions: KentuckyMildCats
Just posting what I have seen so far. He is shooting 31% overall from the floor and only 14% from three. He had numerous opportunities in the last four games to pass to open teammates, rather than forcing an I’ll advised shot. Can Dillingham get better, certainly! However, the bench is the great motivator, and helps to teach every player. Dillingham just scares me as wanting to be the type of player to take a bad, ill-advised hero shot to win a game when possibly passing to an open teammate would be the better decision.

• Haha
Reactions: gharding07
Foir game cumulative stats from Rob. Field goal percentage 31%. 3-point percentage 14.3% on one of seven. Assists per game 3.5 turnovers per game 1.5. I would rather see him concentrate on being an assist man then a scorer until he figures something out to be more effective
Didn't he hit 2 threes yesterday?

Very unfair comment. Terrible
All I have seen so far is a selfish player forcing things on court and taking bad shots. The team is noticeably weaker when he is in the game. Probably not shooting at more than 35 percent clip in these 4 games. Just bad decisions all around.
.very unfair comment.

Just posting what I have seen so far. He is shooting 31% overall from the floor and only 14% from three. He had numerous opportunities in the last four games to pass to open teammates, rather than forcing an I’ll advised shot. Can Dillingham get better, certainly! However, the bench is the great motivator, and helps to teach every player. Dillingham just scares me as wanting to be the type of player to take a bad, ill-advised hero shot to win a game when possibly passing to an open teammate would be the better decision.
He def needs to have better shot selection but he can get his shot anytime he wants which you badly need at times, how many times last year did that happen and we had no one that can create their own shot. The great thing is he is prob the 3 or 4 guard at this point, he is not the only option and will greatly improve.

All I have seen so far is a selfish player forcing things on court and taking bad shots. The team is noticeably weaker when he is in the game. Probably not shooting at more than 35 percent clip in these 4 games. Just bad decisions all around.
Selfish? 9 assists and only 1 turnover in their 3rd game.... You obviously know very little about the game of basketball

The kid is young, extremely talented and played well through the whole tournament. I am not sure how anyone can find something to complain about after these games. These kids barely know each other at this point.
He did not play well, unless you think a PG is defined by how many assists they have . He's not a good shooter, but we knew that before the games. His stats for the four games have already been posted. Shepperd will.makd it difficult for Dilly to get a lot of playing time. I know that upsets people who bragged about Fab Five and have fantasies about which player will do on the season.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Yep, every year this board's gotta pick a designated whipping boy for the season ...and appears a few folks have already set their sights on Dilly.

And it sure doesn't help him that he's directly competing for minutes with the board's favorite son, Sheppard.
Dillingham was forcing the action and pressing, just like Edwards before he settled down and started to focus on staying with the flow. I didn't see anything from him that was concerning or outside the norm for a freshman with 10 practices under his belt.

Once he gets used to the speed of the game his change of pace off the dribble will help get people open. Wagner was also guilty of forcing things a little, to a lesser extent. It's an advantage to have quick guards who can create in a 4 or 5 out set.

Dillingham is the kind of player we've lacked for so many years. A tough shot maker and distributor.

I get some of you don't watch basketball now because of the recent boycott or cancellation of all things hoop and ball but Dillingham is a modern basketball player. He can do several things and he's confident. Confidence should not be confused with selfishness. A selfish player wouldn't generate 9 assists on 3-4 shots for himself or whatever.

The only thing more ridiculous than this thread is those who insist on calling him "Dilly". If you are in too big of a hurry to type out Dillingham then put Rob. We will still know who you are talking about and you won't sound like a worn out Bud Light commercial. 😂
You kids get off my lawn!!!

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
I really don’t think all the Iverson comparisons did him any favors with some fans. I’m pretty sure those comparisons are meant as compliments since Iverson is a legend, but he’s a pretty polarizing legend who famously took huge amounts of shots despite making a relatively low percentage of them compared to his peers. I think that’s predisposing some people to dissect Dillingham’s game and jump on every instance of him taking a bad shot as being selfish. He definitely had his ups and downs from what I saw of the games this past weekend, but I don’t think that can necessarily be chalked up to selfishness at this point.

I really don’t think all the Iverson comparisons did him any favors with some fans. I’m pretty sure those comparisons are meant as compliments since Iverson is a legend, but he’s a pretty polarizing legend who famously took huge amounts of shots despite making a relatively low percentage of them compared to his peers. I think that’s predisposing some people to dissect Dillingham’s game and jump on every instance of him taking a bad shot as being selfish. He definitely had his ups and downs from what I saw of the games this past weekend, but I don’t think that can necessarily be chalked up to selfishness at this point.
A selfish player doesn't have 9 assists in one game...

Dillingham is the kind of player we've lacked for so many years. A tough shot maker and distributor.

I get some of you don't watch basketball now because of the recent boycott or cancellation of all things hoop and ball but Dillingham is a modern basketball player. He can do several things and he's confident. Confidence should not be confused with selfishness. A selfish player wouldn't generate 9 assists on 3-4 shots for himself or whatever.
BINGO. Kid is a baller . To have a future lotto pick as our BACK UP pg is insane.

Reactions: Smashcat
At the end of this year you will look back on this statement and realize you made the dumbest statement of the year. By years end he will be a consistent 15-18 points a game easy.

You are very short-sighted.

Reactions: Chase4UK
Its unfair to dump on a player during a summer league game. He's still learning and figuring everything out - as is the rest of the team.

OP is a clown
Crush Clowning Around GIF by Sarah Squirm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT