ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham Will Cost UK Games. Not a Team Player

The kid is young, extremely talented and played well through the whole tournament. I am not sure how anyone can find something to complain about after these games. These kids barely know each other at this point.

He's a not so good shooter, thats different than being selfish. And these are the games along with Exb games later on in the year that cal needs him to keep shooting etc to find out what if any shots from where is good for him to take etc. so its all good. Didnt see anything selfish from him at all. Though he and Wagner need to work really hard on shooting the next 4 months.

Reactions: EliteBlue
The kid is young, extremely talented and played well through the whole tournament. I am not sure how anyone can find something to complain about after these games. These kids barely know each other at this point.
We've got some stuff to work on (defense especially) but it's July.

The one's complaining beyond general observation of in game play are being contrarians for contrarian sake.

Reactions: ganner918
July
All I have seen so far is a selfish player forcing things on court and taking bad shots. The team is noticeably weaker when he is in the game. Probably not shooting at more than 35 percent clip in these 4 games. Just bad decisions all around

Don’t see how anyone has watched these games and think he has been selfish .

I can already tell he will be the most criticized player on this team because people already have labeled him
I don't about being selfish, but he certainly dribbles too much. All the double dribbling behind the back without advancing the ball needs to stop. However, it is too early to declare his demise.

Last edited:
He will have games he helps win also, we will need his quickness and ball handling!

My opinion: it's a bit overboard and premature to make this kind of statement about Dillingham. I do think he shot ill-advised quick shots at times. You know what he looked like in these games? A freshman! Gasp!

But you know what it makes me realize? How is it the other guys didn't look like freshmen? Dillingham will be fine. He will be shown the tape of every shot he took in these games. He will figure out what a quality shot is, and it's not... drive to lane and jack up a shot 3 seconds into the clock with no passes or ball reversal. This isn't his high school team. But he's gonna learn that. He's a very talented guy. He also made 2 huge threes today at a key time. He will be fine.

All I have seen so far is a selfish player forcing things on court and taking bad shots. The team is noticeably weaker when he is in the game. Probably not shooting at more than 35 percent clip in these 4 games. Just bad decisions all around.
It's hard to hide your basketball knowledge when you consider a player with 9 assists in a game and 1 turnover in 2 game, a freshman with only 10 practices, no less.

One of the last plays of the game he had a wide open layup passes to Burks, real selfish! His shot selection is bad at times but I wouldn’t call that selfish. He is actually a pretty good shooter, but his degree of difficulty on his shots brings his percentage down, which will approve greatly as the season goes!

I will admit I didn't love seeing him take Reeds mins when he might have played the worse and Reed the best, with Reeves. He reminds me if Goodwin. He plays kind of out if control. I like him but noway us he close to Reed.

My biggest concern is Cal and substitutions. Reed coming in with 2 mins left in the quarter twice was odd.

Players can't make a single mistake in a game or someone on this message board starts a thread about their "selfish play". There are people on this earth that just have to be negative.

Interview with Cal said he gave Dilly an “ultimate green light” and had to see how he handled that. Cal said this means he MUST learn what is a good shot and bad shot. I like it. Let them play a little loose then rein it in.

Reactions: RunninRichie
GIF by Giphy QA

Foir game cumulative stats from Rob. Field goal percentage 31%. 3-point percentage 14.3% on one of seven. Assists per game 3.5 turnovers per game 1.5. I would rather see him concentrate on being an assist man then a scorer until he figures something out to be more effective

Reactions: Sweet Hooks
I will admit I didn't love seeing him take Reeds mins when he might have played the worse and Reed the best, with Reeves. He reminds me if Goodwin. He plays kind of out if control. I like him but noway us he close to Reed.

My biggest concern is Cal and substitutions. Reed coming in with 2 mins left in the quarter twice was odd.
I think Cal was trying to get Dilly more confidence while sitting Reed who uncharacteristically had 3 early turnovers after entering the game. Both will be fine.

All I have seen so far is a selfish player forcing things on court and taking bad shots. The team is noticeably weaker when he is in the game. Probably not shooting at more than 35 percent clip in these 4 games. Just bad decisions all around.
This is an impulsive rush to judgment. Dillingham is a quick, talented freshman who is learning to play in this system. He played a poor game last Wednesday. After that, he looked better every day. Dillingham will be a contributor.

But Wagner and Sheppard are ahead of Dillingham now.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I literally LMAO at this take!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT