ADVERTISEMENT

Diego Pavia . . . .

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
This NM State transfer to Vandy looks dangerous.

It’s in the first overtime.
If Vandy has to go back on offense, Pavia might never let go of the ball.

VaTech can win the ACC and still make the CFP. Imagine a conference winner and playoff team having a loss to Vandy.

Vandy is probably better than they have been, but this will not bode well for ACC!!!

Have to keep him in the pocket. If he starts improvising, that's when he can be deadly. Kill, the OC, is very creative and sets up plays very well (see: at least two shovel passes that went for big yardage against Bama). Like many, many QBs, if we hit him often enough and get in his face, he will be much less effective. Also, we can't score only 20 points. We need a 28+ point output to give us the best chance to win, imo.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Have to keep him in the pocket. If he starts improvising, that's when he can be deadly. Kill, the OC, is very creative and sets up plays very well (see: at least two shovel passes that went for big yardage against Bama). Like many, many QBs, if we hit him often enough and get in his face, he will be much less effective. Also, we can't score only 20 points. We need a 28+ point output to give us the best chance to win, imo.
Ball control game for both teams just don’t see a lot of points in this one. Time of possession could be the a deciding factor.

Ball control game for both teams just don’t see a lot of points in this one. Time of possession could be the a deciding factor.
Pavia may be the best QB in thr SEC. Not saying NFL but SEC best. I wish we had him. We would have beaten GA if he were taking snaps. He worries me big time. He is a DC nightmare.

Reactions: YardCat
Pavia may be the best QB in thr SEC. Not saying NFL but SEC best. I wish we had him. We would have beaten GA if he were taking snaps. He worries me big time. He is a DC nightmare.
I don’t think we beat Georgia with him as our QB, we still have the same OC and the same plays. Now I agree that a running QB gives us fits. I hope we use the same game plan we used for Jackson at UL. Make them one dimensional and take away the run.

Reactions: The-Hack
I don't think Pavia is the best SEC QB but he is perfect for the offense he runs. When Vandy's office is clicking it can be a handful as Alabama learned. He scares me too but Stoops/White has game planned against some good running QB in Lamar Jackson, McKale Cunningham and had success.

This plus rush lane integrity. Getting out of rush lanes hurt us early vs ole miss. Good news though we cleaned it up and started shutting down dart.

Same concept this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT