ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Tackle from Vandy ever commit ?

He dropped UK from his list so that's all that really matters.
I actually read an article on Sunday that said UK was still one of the four schools in the race for him. The article that stated UK was no longer a candidate for him was written by Bama Insider or some Bama football site. May have just been some of their propaganda. Who knows??

He was supposed to have made a decision before the end of March.

Reactions: bluecoon1
I actually read an article on Sunday that said UK was still one of the four schools in the race for him. The article that stated UK was no longer a candidate for him was written by Bama Insider or some Bama football site. May have just been some of their propaganda. Who knows??

He was supposed to have made a decision before the end of March.
If that's the case and UK is still in it, then good news.

If that's the case and UK is still in it, then good news.
Who even knows?? There is nothing out there anywhere about any kind of commitment yet so I guess he is waiting till spring practice is over and sees who ends up where, but he has to decide soon would think.

There's been a lot of back and forth as to whether not Kentucky is still in it for Steen. I'm not sure it ultimately matters as it seems that Bama is going to be the destination. It is recruiting though, so you never know sometimes.

Reactions: UKat1 and cathouse
There's been a lot of back and forth as to whether not Kentucky is still in it for Steen. I'm not sure it ultimately matters as it seems that Bama is going to be the destination. It is recruiting though, so you never know sometimes.
You are probably right. Once Bama got their hands on him, hard to turn him away from that. However, one of the main prerequisites, according to his dad, was there had to be an immediate need for a starting tackle for whichever school he attended.

I am sure old Nick and Wolf will tell him what he wants to hear, but there are four 5 star tackles ahead of him on that Bama roster going into spring practice. They have probably convinced them that some of those guys are going to hit the transfer portal after spring practice and he may be waiting to see if that actually happens or not.

You are probably right. Once Bama got their hands on him, hard to turn him away from that. However, one of the main prerequisites, according to his dad, was there had to be an immediate need for a starting tackle for whichever school he attended.

I am sure old Nick and Wolf will tell him what he wants to hear, but there are four 5 star tackles ahead of him on that Bama roster going into spring practice. They have probably convinced them that some of those guys are going to hit the transfer portal after spring practice and he may be waiting to see if that actually happens or not.
I wouldn't listen to a thing his dad says. He has done all of the talking in this recruitment and he's been all over the board from one interview to the next.

It was hard to keep QB depth with relaxed transfer rules. Now with NIL I think it will be hard to keep depth at any position. Right now UGA has 3 teams trying to convince players to transfer. But it isn't coaches so not illegal. UGA will have multiple players hit the portal after G-Day game. Some won't see the field, some are next guy up if someone gets hurt. Former starter at G was beaten out and is now backup center, doubt he is happy.

He hasn't committed. Word is he is weighing offers of guaranteed starting spots (a couple of SEC and several ACC schools) vs no guarantee, but a track record of putting O-lineman in the NFL (Bama and UK).

It was hard to keep QB depth with relaxed transfer rules. Now with NIL I think it will be hard to keep depth at any position. Right now UGA has 3 teams trying to convince players to transfer. But it isn't coaches so not illegal. UGA will have multiple players hit the portal after G-Day game. Some won't see the field, some are next guy up if someone gets hurt. Former starter at G was beaten out and is now backup center, doubt he is happy.
I actually think that may be what is in play here. Already committed to Bama but Nick won't announce it until after the last day to enter the portal to protect depth at the position and not take a chance on losing any of his 5 star back up.

Can't risk letting another SEC team to have any talent.

I actually think that may be what is in play here. Already committed to Bama but Nick won't announce it until after the last day to enter the portal to protect depth at the position and not take a chance on losing any of his 5 star back up.
My dude there is no "last day" of the portal. The portal is 24/7/365. If Bama is afraid of 5* tackles leaving if Steen commit i guess they will have to hide it until kickoff of game 1 2022 season?

Reactions: UKat1
My dude there is no "last day" of the portal. The portal is 24/7/365. If Bama is afraid of 5* tackles leaving if Steen commit i guess they will have to hide it until kickoff of game 1 2022 season?
I believe they have to be in the portal by May 1st in order to play in the fall.

Reactions: Blue Swag

Can't risk letting another SEC team to have any talent.

Right now our OL depth is better than Bama, imo, but not sure how it's going to end up. A couple of our guys are being recruited and have been since UF hired their coach and are waiting to see where they end up on the depth chart. I think Washington, the TE, is staying, but it's a very deep room.

Reactions: cathouse
Right now our OL depth is better than Bama, imo, but not sure how it's going to end up. A couple of our guys are being recruited and have been since UF hired their coach and are waiting to see where they end up on the depth chart. I think Washington, the TE, is staying, but it's a very deep room.
The transfer portal has effectively wiped out a lot of quality depth as backups coming out of spring practice immediately go shopping for a better opportunity to play.

Researching transfer stuff, the SEC put in a rule that you had to enter the portal before Feb 1 in order to go to another SEC school & play next season. So that is why Steen will be fine if he eventually picks an SEC school. & the Bama reciever coming to UK is good, that happened before Feb 1.

Georgia has a 5* tackle just portal, so he WONT be able to go to an SEC school to play in 2022.

Researching transfer stuff, the SEC put in a rule that you had to enter the portal before Feb 1 in order to go to another SEC school & play next season. So that is why Steen will be fine if he eventually picks an SEC school. & the Bama reciever coming to UK is good, that happened before Feb 1.

Georgia has a 5* tackle just portal, so he WONT be able to go to an SEC school to play in 2022.
Why?

NCAA rule is have to enter portal before May 1 to play the next season

SEC rule is you have to enter portal before Feb 1 if you want to play this season for another SEC team

NCAA rule is have to enter portal before May 1 to play the next season

SEC rule is you have to enter portal before Feb 1 if you want to play this season for another SEC team
Pretty sure that rule doesn't apply to grad transfer. Steen will graduate from Vanderbilt in May do he us free to go anywhere practically and be immediately eligible I believe.

Just checked. From SEC rulebook.
Graduate transfers can play immediately and some even enter their new schools with two years of eligibility.

Reactions: zcats

He couldn't beat out the starters off a NC team and hit the portal. Good player and may have been 1st tackle off the bench, but wasn't there yet. We are hearing he is looking at Miami, and FSU. But if he wants in a Bama SEC will drop the early deadline in the next couple days.

We had a 2nd OL also a former 5* Clay Webb enter it too. He just couldn't get the size to be an interior OL in the SEC, only about 6'2" and struggled to get to 280. Been talking about joining the Military eventually. Be surprised if he goes to a P5 school.

Last edited:

Why would the SEC shoot itself in the foot like that?

Reactions: JHB4UK
To protect Bama, Auburn and Georgia. That’s usually the answer.
Deadline ensures other SEC schools don’t load up on 5 star players who didn’t want to wait their turn. In the SEC, one or two players could allow a close team challenge the giants.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Y'all playing conference games against your own 5* recruits who don't want to sit

We have been doing that for 3 years, Brenden Cox at UF is a 5* who signed with UGA and transferred to UF. Mims could really be a special talent, I hated he left. But Kirby isn't going to guarantee him a specific number of snaps, or anyone else.

Saw that. Surprised me. I didn't see anyone on Louisville's roster I thought worthy of interest from bama
Tyler Harrel ran a 4.19 forty in spring practice. Put him on a team with a Heisman winning QB and 9 other 5 stars on offense and he will become the weapon that Bama needed to win last years NC.

And he has great hands. Saban knows what he is doing here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT