ADVERTISEMENT

NIL site crashed with amount of hits/donations

But this can’t be!! Only a handful of fans that were miserable and had miserable lives wanted Cal gone. The rest of the REAL FANS loved him and wanted him here. What happened?
When it was explained to them that lots of fans had quit watching and following the team due to their dislike of Cal we were called liars.
Well..well… well.
The old saying is the proof is in the pudding, and money talks and BS walks.

I'm gonna stand by this, I and maybe like 3 other posters were on board with Pope when we heard he got a video interview.. this place was losing its damn mind. But almost everyone came around. Still not a home run yet, but I think this was a great hire, that could turn into a program changing hire.

I was totally good with it. Surprised me and especially how quickly it moved. That said, I've been watching him for a minute...cannot toot my horn too much though, I also thought Holtmann might work out for a while there.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
That’s not including Reed, if Reed is back he’s getting a personal bag from the top boosters for sure.

This is a 6-8 million war chest to build a roster.
10-12 to build a contending roster. Taking the starting five from BYU will not accomplish that goal.

How incredible would it be if the NIL here at UK eventually grows to the point we can pay certain kids more than the NBA can so they will stick around for all 4 years? How awesome would that be? And I don't really mean lottery picks, but the guys who go in the 2nd round or lower just to get paid. Losing those kind of kids are what has been destroying our rosters and preventing any sort of continuity.

Reactions: coachcombs57
LA Familia hasn't received a donation in the last few days. Boy ain't this telling. My goodness.
How much had it ever raised to begin with? Also I thought this was for Cals ex cats to pony up into that cal setup to help the NIL situation out, was that not the case?

I still want to know what that LaFamilia donation site went for? Is that money tied to UK or is Cal taking it with him? I'm sure fans here don't want their money going to Arkansas if they actually donated to that. I also would like to know if there is a counter that will show how much is donated to this one. Seems a bit sketchy if the money can't be followed. You never know who's pockets it can go into.

How incredible would it be if the NIL here at UK eventually grows to the point we can pay certain kids more than the NBA can so they will stick around for all 4 years? How awesome would that be? And I don't really mean lottery picks, but the guys who go in the 2nd round or lower just to get paid. Losing those kind of kids are what has been destroying our rosters and preventing any sort of continuity.
We should definitely be able to keep some of them leaving to go to the G league, or play overseas.

I'm gonna stand by this, I and maybe like 3 other posters were on board with Pope when we heard he got a video interview.. this place was losing its damn mind. But almost everyone came around. Still not a home run yet, but I think this was a great hire, that could turn into a program changing hire.

Some more were on board before he was mentioned as being contacted.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Sorry if already posted. Keep it up. Seems like we were all just looking for a reason to get hooked on Kentucky basketball again. I wouldn’t have put my money on “Mark Pope, head coach” to be that reason two days ago, but I’m certainly glad to see it now. BBN is alive and well.
That’s funny, when I made the donation yesterday I was thinking man this is the slowest site on the internet, no wonder no one donates. I guess it was the opposite!

I'll wait to see the roster. I'm not donating on a losing/bad season.
Don't you think it would help a lot for Pope to be able to have a good NIL chest fund to help build the roster with the best available Portal guys? You know Cal is going to take the majority of the roster and we cant just rely on Pope bringing in all of his BYU players. He has some good ones to bring along but will also probably need 5 or 6 portal additions. If we want to start winning and win big we have to outbid the likes of UCONN, Duke, UNC, Arkansas etc. And trust me Arkansas is banking on bringing Cal in to raise a lot of NIL and outperform UK on the court and off. The time is now. Stand up BBN.

Last edited:
I still want to know what that LaFamilia donation site went for? Is that money tied to UK or is Cal taking it with him? I'm sure fans here don't want their money going to Arkansas if they actually donated to that. I also would like to know if there is a counter that will show how much is donated to this one. Seems a bit sketchy if the money can't be followed. You never know who's pockets it can go into.
Yes, is the money currently going to LaFamilia going to Cal & Arkansas now?

Should those donations be stopped?

Can I give to only 1 sport?

Trying to register so I can donate. It's been 15 minutes and I haven't received the email to set up my password yet. Is this what others have experienced?

Trying to register so I can donate. It's been 15 minutes and I haven't received the email to set up my password yet. Is this what others have experienced?
Ky_Bred, I don’t remember having to register. I just did a one time donation, maybe that’s the difference.

Where can you find the total donated to Club Blue?

University of Kentucky and it's fans are taking back OUR program. Not the NBA's program. Not the G-League NBA feeder's program.

THIS IS OUR TEAM!!!!

Yep, and Sunday should be awesome. I wish could make it to Lexington. If it was Mitch’s idea to open the PC up to the fans inside Rupp, then I applaud him for that as I think it will be a catalyst to help ignite and solidify the fan base as you described.

Don't you think it would help a lot for Pope to be able to have a good NIL chest fund to help build the roster with the best available Portal guys? You know Cal is going to take the majority of the roster and we cant just rely on Pope bringing in all of his BYU players. He has some good ones to bring along but will also probably need 5 or 6 portal additions. If we want to start winning and win big we have to outbid the likes of UCONN, Duke, UNC, Arkansas etc. And trust me Arkansas is banking on bringing Cal in to raise a lot of NIL and outperform UK on the court and off. The time is now. Stand up BBN.

Exactly. That was a completely asinine take by that poster. It's the thought process UK has been fighting since I've lived here and a long time before it. Too many are afraid to invest in something until everyone else has already done the heavy lifting, but everyone wants to take credit for the ALL of the heavy lifting as well.

Does it give a running tally on what has been donated? I think it would help motivate more people to donate, and see how much we have to spend.

Exactly. That was a completely asinine take by that poster. It's the thought process UK has been fighting since I've lived here and a long time before it. Too many are afraid to invest in something until everyone else has already done the heavy lifting, but everyone wants to take credit for the ALL of the heavy lifting as well.
Exactly. If they set on their asses we will get left behind and be Indiana.

I donated yesterday… tried to the first time and it was so busy it locked up! Got back on later!

Reactions: cat tat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT