ADVERTISEMENT

Dicky V Baby !!!

Folks can say what they want about Dickie but he has proven that he loves these college kids, therefore I feel that he is great for college basketball!! Yes he can get annoying ....... if your team is losing but if your team is winning, like we do a lot of, he can be just like your best friend sitting next to you high-fiving you!!

I am glad he has a job. Also glad i dont have to listen to him. I will watch a game he broadcasts but i will do it with the sound turned down.

Like it. IMO, regular season bball is boring. I watch very few bball games but if I run upon one with Dicky V calling, I'll watch it longer than otherwise. He is college bball.

You think college bball is boring and then say that DV is college bball. I love college basketball and don't think it is boring at all. But, I do get that some fans are more interested in some kind of WWE version of it. That just isn't for me.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I'm alright with it. He gets a little carried away but I have no problem tuning him out.

You think college bball is boring and then say that DV is college bball. I love college basketball and don't think it is boring at all. But, I do get that some fans are more interested in some kind of WWE version of it. That just isn't for me.

I used poor wording. IMO, DV is cbb's best media representative and promoter I do not find his "performance" boring. The only team of interest to me is Ky. I find DV to be very much pro-Ky. Those who hold his "Tubby" comments against him fail to see that, while the vast majority of Ky fans were respectful and supportive of the coach, there were some that should have been vilified.

Reactions: shutzhund
Dick Vitale stays at ESPN through 2020 ....

How you feel about that??? Good, Bad or Indifferent....?

AlohaCat
For better or worse, Vitale has been the face of ESPN's college basketball coverage for so long that I guess I'm not surprised they are keeping him on. As many have suggested, though, Vitale and the mute button go together like Oreos and a glass of cold milk.

Vitale has used his platform to do a lot of great things for cancer research and other charities. His enthusiasm and promotion of college basketball is unquestioned. But he is a terribly unfocused analyst, an inveterate namedropper, and an uncritical cheerleader for coaches. He really adds nothing substantive as an analyst and hasn't for years IMHO.

Also, if the Rat murdered someone on live television, Vitale would talk about what a passionate leader K is, how much K has done for the V Foundation, and how he can't understand all the hatred for Duke.

This is disappointing news. I was hoping he would be part of the layoffs. Easily the most annoying commentator in sports imo. I mute the tv when he's calling a UK game. I just hope they keep him working mostly in the ACC but he'll probably be working all of the Cats prime time games.

I would much rather have Farnham calling the SEC, he actually gives insight instead of incessantly screaming stupid catch phrases.

I used poor wording. IMO, DV is cbb's best media representative and promoter I do not find his "performance" boring. The only team of interest to me is Ky. I find DV to be very much pro-Ky. Those who hold his "Tubby" comments against him fail to see that, while the vast majority of Ky fans were respectful and supportive of the coach, there were some that should have been vilified.

DV is pro just about everybody. He is hype and fluff. My reference to WWE is accurate. I guess some of that is good and some is bad. I tend to not like sensationalism but others do. DV is a sensationalist.

To be clear, I do like it when the announcers get excited about a particular play and are "in to it." But, DV just sensationalizes too much. That is what gets on my nerves and the reason I use the mute button.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Can't believe Katz was shown the door while they not only kept this blowhard, but extended his contract. This kind of logic is why ESPN is failing.

Katz never had an original thot in his life. Dicky V has too many these days but he gets a pass. College bb's biggest advocate back in the day.

To me Vitale is getting pretty old.
Its time to stop hating of him if you do and realize he has limited time left....extremely limited. Time to cherish each and every moment left with him. Someday he wont be there after the teams are picked in March and it will SUCK believe me.

the thing i hate about dicky v is that when ever he is calling a UK game he seems to always find away to bring up rick p. and god help us if the game becomes a run away....he will walk about duke, little brother, ku, and whatever is the flavor of the month. it is annoying.

I'd rather have Kara Lawson. She is knowledgeable and actually discusses the game during her play by play. I don't care if she is a chick, she is good.

Reactions: HICATFAN
Having the v mouth for 3 more years is like a lifetime of monkey chatter. He is, was and will always be an idiot. Sad next few years, can't have sound when the clown calls a Cats game. Sad. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT