ADVERTISEMENT

Dickie V Disappointment

Dec 12, 2014
Dickie V makes a bonehead comment that UK fans will be disappointed with the season if we don't go 40-0. Not this CAT Fan! Biggest win this year is the boost to already the best recruiting program in college basketball history! Thankful to have witnessed the first of many dominating seasons!

I'm still waiting for him to mention Duke hasn't won the ACCT in four years.

Originally posted by Smashcat:
I'm still,waiting for him to say lyles was once committed to indiana. He says it ever game like it matters

Of course we'd all be disappointed. Though, no one is saying the season is lost. We'll all be so proud of this team either way, but being this good and not winning will be disappointing even if we had lost 2 or 4 during the season.

This post was edited on 3/15 2:02 PM by SpamburgerHamburger

I will be disappointed if we don't cut the nets down but I will get over it. It's not the end of the world. They have had a hell of year no matter what. I have really enjoyed this team this year. Go CATS!!!

I would be disappointed no doubt about it and I'm sure I'm not alone. We are definitely going to win today so if we don't go 40-0 that means we did not win the National Championship and this team by all experts expects us to win #9. The 40-0 wasn't that big of a deal during the season but now by default it is.

This post was edited on 3/15 2:04 PM by sosoblue

Originally posted by Pope John Wall II:
I don't care about 40-0.

I will be very disappointed if we don't win #9.
If we win today, the ONLY way we win 9 is 40-0. So, after today, we will all care.

Nothing wrong with that comment at all . As usual someone here just waiting to rip anything vitals says apart. I am dissapointed every year we do not win the tournament when we have a legitimate chance to do so. Will be extra disappointed this year and assuming we when today our first loss of the year will keep us from winning the title. I would be dissapointed, if your not disappointed why even be a fan and watch the games. Vitale is making that statement as we watch a cats team that is 33-0, it's not the first game of the year.

He's absolutely right....This is going to be the most stressful tournament in the history of UK basketball. Even 39-1 will be a huge disappointment because this team SHOULD win it all.

40-0 would be good. They lost in the championship game last year and I got over it, If they loose a game this year I will get over it. Sometimes Dickie V says some silly things.

Sorry but I will be disappointed if we don't win the title this year. I don't have those expectations every year but this year, we are by far better than everyone else and should win it.

Originally posted by W2R:

Originally posted by Smashcat:
I'm still,waiting for him to say lyles was once committed to indiana. He says it ever game like it matters
^^THIS^^ I've been waiting for him to do this today. He did it yesterday. Good catch, W2R. I'm right with you on this one. We gotta whole nother' half to get it in, though ....

He was setting up a straw man to take a jab at our fans. Pretty normal for him.

Dickie V (and Nessler to some extent) always seems to put a negative spin on anything the Cats do. So did he or Nessler or Pearl have anything positive to say about our fans' standing O for Auburn's efforts yesterday?

Good point OP, I will still be dissapointed, but it won't be a failure, also it really does just perpetuate the culture we have going on... This season can only mean good things for the program

Damn right!!!! I agree with Vitale! I will absolutely be disappointed if we don't win the title!!

Originally posted by cats2010:
Nothing wrong with that comment at all . As usual someone here just waiting to rip anything vitals says apart. I am dissapointed every year we do not win the tournament when we have a legitimate chance to do so. Will be extra disappointed this year and assuming we when today our first loss of the year will keep us from winning the title. I would be dissapointed, if your not disappointed why even be a fan and watch the games. Vitale is making that statement as we watch a cats team that is 33-0, it's not the first game of the year.
This! OP is always casting shade on Dickie V......

He said they would be disappointed and "that is a shame" Well any fan base would be disappointed...what a moronic statement

I don't care about 40-0.

That sounds like it's spoken like a true U of L fan. You don't care about extending Kentucky's lead in all-time victories over Kansas, North Carolina, etc.? Amazing.

Dickie V is a big disappointment.

During the game today, Adams and Shows simply tried to get under the 13 point spread set by Vegas. UK played against at a minimum of 7 people.

I am leaving Tony Greene out. He actually had his glasses on instead of the Vegas spread.

I hope that Doug Shows and Pat Adams bet the farm on Arkansas and I hope they lost it all. Big CHEATS. I hate those two, they are slime.

I don't care about 40-0.

The ultimate up beat fan.If we wind up 39-1 he will be dissapointed, but if we wind up 40-0 he won't care?
smile.r191677.gif

Well, Vitale said "some people" would call not winning the NCAA championship a disappointment after the year we've had (which is, honestly, an understatement), but he immediately said that such disappointment would be a shame if it meant those people couldn't enjoy and understand the achievements of the team this season. I don't understand what anyone would fault him on here.

This post was edited on 3/15 3:53 PM by smeads00

Dumb statement. What fanbase in the history of modern media college bball days has not been disappointed when their team begins the season at#1? Add on to that, they are undefeated, have been, idiots with votes aside, almost the unanimous #1 team all year. Of course you bald headed goob, even if lyles decommitted from lowly IU(please keep clappy), we will be disappointed.

UK has more talent than any team in the tournament--they will win the title with ease! Cal reloads with more superstars for next year and the Cats make another run!!

Originally posted by Samwise Ganjee:
Yeah, he has a point: it would be a disappointment

Watching them today, though, is a real confidence-booster that these guys are not going to disappoint

Big game, they bring it
Exactly the take I came away with today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT