ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Vitale

BDvnSQyCEAAqqXY

My buddy had that as his FB profile forever. Hoosier fan. I said its funny, but IU signs say Indiana coaches love to kiss boys.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I'll never understand the appeal of this guy. He was always cringeworthy when he tried to fit in with the younger crowd.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There's no doubt that we all love and appreciate you and respect everything you've done for college basketball.

But it's time.
I use to like Dickie v. After Saturday not so much. Seems like he talked down our team every chance he got. Little Dickie needs to go. Maybe he can live with Bob Knight and they can negative each other to death.

"Toughness, Cal wants Toughness, not roughness, toughness, Cal wants toughness." Gabriel gets a rebound,"Now that is toughness, toughness, that is what Cal is looking for, toughness not roughness, that was toughness." I thought I was going to shoot my TV screen.." I have been stealing money for 39 years, I am having a blast doing this, a blast, I am stealing money." Take it to the house Vitale and please do us a favor and stay there..
you nailed him MychalG. Good post.

I was telling my wife that when we watched the b-ball game together...he most definitely does not have the same, eh, energy he did even a few years ago. In his prime he was AWESOME BABY!! WITH A CAPITAL A!!!! Now it seemed like he's lucky to even be lowercase a. :(

Willie Mays is, if not THE greatest, certainly in the top five of all-time MLB players...but he too hung too long and boy was it sad the way in the 1973 NLCS his career ended with such a whimper. :( Steve Carlton, first to win four Cy Youngs and the second to 4000 K's, should've definitely hung it up after 1984...but instead ended up playing for four different teams in his twilight years. :(

Look Dickie V, it's like Mickey in Rocky 3 says, all the great ones retire. Presidents retire, generals retire, horses retire...even Lexington's very own Man O'War retired...he was put out to stud. Though I'm probably in the minority here and don't buy into that whole "Duke Vitale" rep (seems like he gives us plenty of love to me anyway)...I do agree he does need to retire while he can still do so gracefully.

The game won’t be the same without Vitale. I love when he calls our games and he will truly be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT