ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo Entering Draft... Not hiring agent

when he first committed to UK i said even if he leaves without playing a game it is a win/win for all parties involved
i still stand by that

Reactions: USSLair
Meh... I don't see why he shouldn't test the waters. Figure out what he needs to work on and is most likely a second round pick right now so very very very good chance he comes back regardless

Reactions: brianpoe
As pro-Calipari as I am and as much as I defend Cal, I would have to agree with you on this. It would really make me question some things if he stays in the draft and I think it would cause a pretty big backlash on Cal. Rightfully so too, IMO. A kid just comes to UK and gets to use all of the coaching and facilities that we have to offer the players, yet never plays a minute on the team and then darts for the draft. What does the school get from this situation?

Losing out on other recruits because we already had Diallo for next year? Losing out on Bamba cause Fiallo won't be here? Having a really down year next year cause we thought we had Diallo for next year, so we didn't go after any other recruits? Maybe all of the above?

Not a good look for Cal if he does in fact leave. I guess he would even up himself with a HAD (Half and Done).

Rightfully so? First, do you think Cal believed he would jump before playing? I doubt you do. So, the only thing you could really say is that Cal should have not taken him because there was a possibility he would do this. Is that your belief? If so, I disagree, but I guess one could want to play it that safe, but that's not Cal. If you don't believe that either, then what did Cal do or not do to justify the heat?

You are missing the major reason why players enroll early thus far in hoops, to bypass the system of waiting to declare to the draft (only 2 have done it so far.. maker & Hami). The current nba agreement not only states one year out of High School, but ALSO be 19 years old by feb 24 of that draft season. So my question to you is now, How many EARLY HIGH SCHOOL GRADS will 19 by feb 24 in order to be eligible for the draft early.

I'll wait.

I dont know the answer, but your rule is wrong because Diallo doesnt turn 19 until July.

I dont know the answer, but your rule is wrong because Diallo doesnt turn 19 until July.

19 in draft calendar year.

(i) The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the players graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)

To enter the draft you have to turn 19 before the following January 1st and be a year out of high school. Not too complicated

No he is not, he is 18, turns 19 in July.

Doesnt matter, calendar year.

I get what you are saying, but with the year wait and age limit, I'm not sure it will be that common.

Kids this age usually need as much time in school as possible to qualify.

19 in draft calendar year.

(i) The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the players graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)

Ok, that makes sense because HoldMyBeer said by Feb 24th of the draft year which didnt make any sense. Not only did he say it, he said it twice and was adamant about it.

I swear if he stays in the draft and UK gets nothing out of this deal honestly people have to look at CAL and say WTF!
Meh not like we had to kick someone off the team so he could join midseason. He got to work with our team in practice and hopefully made them better. If he leaves then we didn't really lose anything, but I'm guessing he just wants evaluation

Then you shouldnt talk about other's loved ones.

And if she is hot, what can she lose?

My wife says hi...

6Ou9WH0U-Q0sHF7QnxM_WG-ZnBy92MmZUfgYtypsXZVQ8_XmLEcVHMyPATQTh1noGa-jaMZMRoqx89msUcINCO6lCD2TSe35eHe2jC7tY-2PS-4Bbjj1oCgS5JPIDFyLM_YzWIEPu47DygAfbaU8QDK5SBzoF86-B4TEwdle7C6UTn6YkeVCtgH9yy5hgtwfGW6LGqLUqWeO1F_Ac3ZAoJljihXmLenyQvG5gYiSjqdGeBBA8HY8zrZdxZBaKGe-BvufaBAb6gzzlSHhkkVIvexdkaxEB5pSfLTYRmHj5KqrgbAS4oo6htq-CXrgf-IrxU5FoCYaD-j0xBmAVqy2EMqRE7M-EiYSWSBx1oxfcipgNGcyzpE_dcxRXtTyg1dpDfk00VPy1bYtTfr7XGHGomaVfMUuJQejRxn5cbtzmqIp6iiPC-zdoDarEbg5NwAUg0QU03X0goKkVoJj1VQoybdASk8qfKuusa0M9OjX4uM4mcd3rZQhOuUIu8mbXgkaZVXJ2joznSScqtxrJL_jxdjQ5sRquJdhL3Y4n--ZfgZXXcYv3aTq_FL7YRuSK7yvfDKGdDpoii4-ZTVgDDxGSavqkFGxTdLKWw2myV0XtrdS8MpsQHtg=w295-h609-no

You are right, shouldn't roll around in the mud. Irish, I am sorry for insulting your gal. Hope you remember that when you come to in the morning.

For all the "this is getting old" crybabies, go cheer for Duke. They keep players multiple years. Whether he stays or goes it's a win/win. If he gets drafted, what other program can tell kids, "We will improve your game and get you in the league, even if you don't play. Yes I know we have a stacked roster and you will have to fight for minutes, but you will still get drafted even if you don't get those 30 minutes a night."

Meh... I don't see why he shouldn't test the waters. Figure out what he needs to work on and is most likely a second round pick right now so very very very good chance he comes back regardless
Absolutely hope I'm wrong but I just don't see how you write out that long of a statement if you don't have every intention to want to stay in the draft. He may not get the feedback he's looking for of course. But, certainly seems like he would really like to make the jump now.

I feel like i've been transported back to the 1990's on teen chat rooms......... crazy people creating a whole fake life story hoping to sound cool
Seems to be all teens tonight.One guys says the other's girl is ugly and the other says Well you are gay.Lots of mature talk tonight.

To be eligible must be 19 by feb. Regardless the draft is in June (you claim his birthday is in July). So if hes eligible now as he obviously is then there is a discrepancy with what is age is. Most high school juniors or seniors aren't old enough to be draft eligible. Here is a article stating he will be 19 by the draft . http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/8/21/12578944/hamidou-diallo-thon-maker-route-nba-draft

Tomorrow, I'll be teaching students at my school.

It will be hard looking them in the eyes and telling them about "time management" when I know in my heart that I spent half the night engaged in a thread dedicated to what essentially amounts to the whims of a teenager's tweet.

I'm not going to complain if he stays in the draft but that would be pretty messed up if he did. Especially considering he didn't play a single minute this season.

Reactions: Brando Mac
To be eligible must be 19 by feb. Regardless the draft is in June (you claim his birthday is in July). So if hes eligible now as he obviously is then there is a discrepancy with what is age is. Most high school juniors or seniors aren't old enough to be draft eligible. Here is a article stating he will be 19 by the draft . http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/8/21/12578944/hamidou-diallo-thon-maker-route-nba-draft

Where are you getting the by February stuff? That isn't right.

but ready for the NBA.. all season we heard how Diallo just wasn't ready for college ball yet.. now we read how he has improved so much and is ready for the pros. Lol. I love the cats, and I love cal, but I want players who respect and appreciate the name on the front of the jersey, whether the wear it for 1 year or 4. I'm ok with one and dones, but only those who truly appreciate the opportunity to play for KENTUCKY

Yea that whole "I'm not ready to play" line that Diallo fed Cal was bullsh!t and everyone knows it. It says a lot about a kid that's too scared to play because he's afraid of hurting his stock.

Seriously, name another player in the Cal era who would come in mid season and turn down the chance to play when Cal asks him too. Think Ulis would? Davis? Wall? Hell no. That was Ryan Harrowesque.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT