ADVERTISEMENT

Deivon Smith PG Stud

Ok, keyboard warrior. I'll stick around, thank you. If you don't like alternative opinions, there's a wonderful place called China that will put you in a camp the first time you express yours. Pound sand.
LOL, the keyboard warrior is the guy saying he's rich and to email him to compare resumes. Do you know any peon chump's like that?

#CaliforniaCLOWN

I haven’t seen much of this guy, is he pretty good?
Versatile in all areas. He can do a little of everything, his shooting so good not great, that’s where he would need to make the most improvement, but he had 5 triple doubles last year

Reactions: Klix
1) You're a crazy SOB if you think those guys will be competitive enough to win big in a Power 5 conference.

2) Lol bro, I have 2 ivy degrees, 25 years on the sell side and buy side, and retired at age 44. This is but a silly game for me - retirement is much more boring than I imagined it would be. Trust me, I tend to get these things right. I am an alpha and you are filthy sheep amongst the herd going off the cliff. If you want to compare actual life resumes, e-mail me at callingbs123@gmail. I'll demonstrate the sorry little person that you are. Seriously, you couldn't be any more wrong.

Kto Kounotori GIF - Kto Kounotori Kounotoritoken GIFs

This is much more simple than y'all are making it out to be. It would be lazy and irresponsible if Pope took 3 guys from the (legacy) Mountain West simply because he coached in that league and that's where he's comfortable fishing. The odds of such a concentration being successful at any program are very low. Of course, a player from Ohio - or North Dakota or Mars - could be a huge success here. Did ya'll really want a coach who was going to come in and go all in on Mountain West guys. That's silly.
You have to get who you can get at this point.
Do you know how many Power 5 schools are scrambling to fill a roster right now.
Mountain West is irrelevant.
The entire portal is made up of undraftable players.
You just have to hope you get lucky and the players you bring in from the portal pan out.
It's too late in the game for Pope to go the HS route. That's next recruiting cycle.

Reactions: DreadLox
seLast year we had a talented team and we lose to Oakland. This guy assures people he's smart but being smart and smart about basketball are two different things. Pretty sure Pope is more basketball and brain smart than you...

Last edited:
And very few players with Rs in their last name. Maybe 2.
Some good news for you - Pope is pursuing 3 average players out of the MEAC. We're going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. Rolling the dice on a concentration of players from almost any mid major conference is a problem. It's just a statistical problem.

You have to get who you can get at this point.
Do you know how many Power 5 schools are scrambling to fill a roster right now.
Mountain West is irrelevant.
The entire portal is made up of undraftable players.
You just have to hope you get lucky and the players you bring in from the portal pan out.
It's too late in the game for Pope to go the HS route. That's next recruiting cycle.
Fair points.

LOL, the keyboard warrior is the guy saying he's rich and to email him to compare resumes. Do you know any peon chump's like that?

#CaliforniaCLOWN
Your handle is fitting. You're sitting at home drinking Miller Lite on your stained couch in the Mounains surrounded by crack whores and ruing the decisions you made in high school. Oh, I haven't lived in CA for years because it's a progressive pit. By the same token, I don't do well with meatheads. You're also invited to e-mail me - why hide behind the veil of Rupp Rafters?

Your handle is fitting. You're sitting at home drinking Miller Lite on your stained couch in the Mounains surrounded by crack whores and ruing the decisions you made in high school. Oh, I haven't lived in CA for years because it's a progressive pit. By the same token, I don't do well with meatheads. You're also invited to e-mail me - why hide behind the veil of Rupp Rafters?
As I told a poster the other day, I never have more than 1 beer but love oen with dinner. You're the exact opposite of what you portray. Your anger tips you off. When does mom serve your spaghettios ?

Like anyone here is going to lift a finger to email a little freak that opened a gmail account to act tough. You need a bare butt spanking with a belt. Ignored. Worthless dork act.

You know nothing about me. My father was a Prof at UK from 1971 to 1986, and I assure you I've seen hundreds of more games, many of them at Rupp, than you have. I practically resided in Pence Hall with my father. I subsequently bounced all over the country, and haven't lived in CA for some time now. You know that sometimes people who present a negative view are right, don't you? I was done with Cal over 5 years ago, and took plenty of pushback on that viewpoint. Pope is selling big dreams right now - and I don't think he's going to be able to cash those checks. Believe me when I say I want what is best for UK; I'm VERY concerned.
SoCalCat-do you know Craig Ham, who's father is in the UK Hall of Fame under Rupp and Hall?

I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t paying enough attention and at one point thought you were a serious poster on here. Didn’t notice you have just joined. But gosh you have a lot of time on your hands and the things you said just kept getting more and more ridiculous and your cover was blown.

Some good news for you - Pope is pursuing 3 average players out of the MEAC. We're going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. Rolling the dice on a concentration of players from almost any mid major conference is a problem. It's just a statistical problem.
People don't know spit about who Pope is pursuing. Internet rumors are rumors.

Did you make business decisions on rumors?

BESIDES: people imagine there are huge differences in the capacity of players. There aren't. UK wasn't the only ranked team to fall early in the NCAA tournament.

People notionally accept the idea that the modern game depends upon portal players, but their bowels still want highly ranked players. Why they still believe in rankings is a mystery to me.

Pope said himself that he wants and needs to expand his recruiting horizons. I guarantee that UK won't win diddly if it has 3 portal transfers from the great basketball powerhouses from the state of Utah.

Because there ain't gonna be 3 dudes from Utah at a given point in time that are all good enough to play at UK. We're talking UK - the one that is the blue blood that Pope is trying to resurrect.
I heard the same nonsense when we recruited Reeves. Truth is you don't have a CLUE how any of these guys will play here if they come. Just another guy wanting to bitch about something with very little information

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT