ADVERTISEMENT

Declining Recruiter and Average Coach!

You don't agree with that?! You basically said the exact same thing I did, just used different wording. They adapted?! Lmao Jeff Capel, is that you?!

Those aren't my words, not sure what just happened, I fully agreed with you, haha-weird.

Nah, the reason Duke is getting them now is because of Nike and fatass Capel negatively recruiting against us. Also, he steals all of our recruiting tactics. Every.Single.One. Hell, I even saw a new slogan they have now, "The Duke Effect". Are you ****ing serious with that, Duke?! I wonder where they got that from?! It's pathetic. Seriously.

Dook and Krybabyschitzski are cheating with Nike and their stars/connections... but we all know nothing will come of it, just like uncheaters. Unfortunately, this now means Krybabyschitzski will hang around longer than everyone thought... might even outlast Cal, at this point.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There’s only so much coaching you can do with a FR line up. He spends the first half of the year teaching them fundamental college basketball and functional defense. Then he works on getting everyone to buy in to their role and stay in their lane (they’ve been the alpha dog all their life). If things work out, they are a monster come March - if not, they are just another decent to good team.

His best teams typically have some solid, borderline star upper classmen. Hopefully a few guys come back and the new FR compliment them.

Thank you! The first sign of ignorance is the assumption of someone being dumb because they have a different perspective.

Phil just because you have been here a long time doesn’t make you right about anything you have posted.

I don’t think Cal is the greatest bench or end of game coach either.

But this entire thread is an embarrassment of b-ball knowledge and a ton whiny ass.....

Pick your purse up off the floor and discuss without the tears and pouting.

Thats fine but it would help if you support your position.
I'm 59 years old and have been alive for 4 of the eight national championships we've won, the first being in 1978. No one would dispute that UK is a blue blood program; most wins, second in NCs. Yet we've only won 8 and I've seen all the coaches, Rupp, Joe B, Eddie...etc., all the way up to Cal. Winning a NC is tough to do, one bad night, like last night, and you're through; Just ask Coach K, Izzo, Self, Boeheim...the list goes on of supposedly the best coaches in the game that lost when they shouldn't have. Much of what Cal has done at UK is unprecedented. Who would those that are done with him replace him with? Name a better coach. Does he need to do a better job at times? Sure. I don't like the OAD era, but it is what it is. I'm tired of hearing him say how young they are, even if its true, and how he should have called a timeout, he should have, but I like knowing we have a shot at a NC every year. 1948 was the first NC and in the next 70 years we've only managed to win 7 more and only one team has won more in that time-frame. Be careful what you wish for, Billy G could be just around the corner.

Losses hurt. This one hurt bad.

I know it is hard but keep things in perspective. We were tied with one minute to play and lost a tough game. Cal did wonders with this team over the course of the season. He can’t control that SGA has one of his worst games and PJ couldn’t make a free throw. Guess what? All of those guys (Cal, SGA, PJ) we’re trying!

Cal was undefeated in the sweet sixteen before that game. We have one of the best two coaches in the country and ours is 10 yrs younger.

I will repeat the loss hurt bad. We lucked into an easy path to a Final Four and screwed it up. As bad as it hurts we are still okay, and Cal is still our guy. I hope he coaches another 20 years!

Reactions: awf and USNNFOCAT
There’s only so much coaching you can do with a FR line up. He spends the first half of the year teaching them fundamental college basketball and functional defense. Then he works on getting everyone to buy in to their role and stay in their lane (they’ve been the alpha dog all their life). If things work out, they are a monster come March - if not, they are just another decent to good team.

His best teams typically have some solid, borderline star upper classmen. Hopefully a few guys come back and the new FR compliment them.

Concur, our issue is these kids just won't come back, that's the biggest recruiting failure of all. That said, it's vitally important, no way a lot of these kids would depart for the pros if they played elsewhere, it's crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the following: SGA, Knox, WG, Diallo, JV, Tai and PJ.

He said be realistic. Stevens ain't going anywhere, Rick Carlisle has never been a college coach, not even as an assistant.

We truly don't know if Brad would leave or not, the call of UK would be substantial, unlikely, though he could. Rick gets a lot from his players, he would be a hit in college, he's a motivator!

You think we’d get Brad Stevens or Rick Carlisle but you’re a realist?? [roll]

It's possible, the call of UK would be huge. Yes, with the right amount of money, endorsements and support, it's possible, unlikely, though possible.

I will grant you this, it IS time that you and your superfriends to find another team and move on down the road. How about Loserville, Cincinnati, or Xavier? They have everything you want except someone to listen to your bullshit.

Honest, just leave. Follow your heart. Put your lips to Coach K's butthole and suck in that felony deliciousness. Find a nice mid-major that has no website and swear your undying faith. You just don't deserve all this pain. Cal is going nowhere, so you might as well strike out on your own.
Thank You. I was about to reply but could not have said it better. I am a Kentucky fan and support our coach and players win or lose

Reactions: awf
Stevens is an NBA guy now, he's never coming back to college. Carlise is currently motivating his team to a 22-50 record.

With an absolutely deplorable roster, he's considered the third best coach in the NBA, for a reason.

Definitely not a troll, I'm a realist.

That’s what they all say right before they start trashing the second most successful coach in our history and demeaning the players. Claiming to be a realist is pretty much diagnostic for a board troll after a lost game.

A realist would acknowledge free throws, turnovers and a team shooting much above its normal level account for this outcome. You do realize but for 4 free throws you’d still be under the rock? No. You are an opportunist.

IMO, that's just how I see it, he never calls the TO late game, unless he's put in a position to where he has no choice. Think back over the years of how many times he said he should've called a TO, he doesn't know what to call or command during one. BW simply out-coached him, as did JUCO Bob, Bo Ryan and many others. He's bringing in far less talent than he has over the past few years and as of now, that looks to be the case for next year as well.

And, Moron Poster.

We aren’t the standard of college basketball and I don’t care if I get roasted for saying this. Look at our record since winning the title 6 years ago. We’ve made the final four twice but so has UNC and nova..

Reactions: USNNFOCAT
That’s what they all say right before they start trashing the second most successful coach in our history and demeaning the players. Claiming to be a realist is pretty much diagnostic for a board troll after a lost game.

A realist would acknowledge free throws, turnovers and a team shooting much above its normal level account for this outcome. You do realize but for 4 free throws you’d still be under the rock? No. You are an opportunist.

He refused to call a timeout until the game had essentially been decided. He didn't adapt or adjust at all. He recruited PJ and the other players, he himself stated on multiple occasions, he's not concerned with free throws, same thing at Memphis - it's costed him a lot in the tourney. He's exceptionally successful, anyone would be a fool to argue otherwise, I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying without a substantial change going forth, he's plateaued.

Hard to argue that point, truly is, though when Cal claimed to not have watched any game tape or discussed their strengths and skills with his team, it spoke volumes. He was out hustled and outworked in that game, he just was, they came to win, he didn't. My least favorite aspect of Cal is him telling the players they play for their name, not the name on the front of their jerseys!

Talk about changing quotes around to match your agenda. Cal has never said that. If you think so, then show me the quote, or shut up.

If i were a MOD id ban all that trashed our coach ..Do you idiots like the Tubby and BCG years..Who could we get that's better.. We could have had 3 -4 titles with a little luck..yes it takes some luck to win 6 straight...If Greens 3 goes in would Cal better a better coach today?,.... no

Reactions: mdlUK.1
He refused to call a timeout until the game had essentially been decided. He didn't adapt or adjust at all. He recruited PJ and the other players, he himself stated on multiple occasions, he's not concerned with free throws, same thing at Memphis - it's costed him a lot in the tourney. He's exceptionally successful, anyone would be a fool to argue otherwise, I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying without a substantial change going forth, he's plateaued.

Being plateaued in the top 3 coaches in the country is pretty good. Since you seem to be all-knowing, just who would you suggest that we get as a coach, who would get us to the final 4 every year, since you seem to think that is obtainable with the proper coach. You know, one who hasn't plateaued.

Didn’t know trolls can tell the future. 4 free throws and you’d still be hiding in the dark.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
It's a number of things, losing with the USA team this past year hurt a lot more than many realize and I believe very negatively impacted recruiting going forward. He's losing the top five-ten players more consistently now and I honestly don't see him ever winning a title again.

I think you may be correct, but I sure hope your wrong.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT