ADVERTISEMENT

Dear lurking Duke fans...

I think you can safely assume a guy that scores 140+ points in a 3 game span in the playoffs can be a #1 or 2 option on a title team.
That was a remarkable stretch, but he needs to prove it consistently rather than 1 year of bubble playoffs.

Think we can all agree that Tatum, Herro, and Bam will all be part of the face of the league soon

I think Tatum is still the guy over Herro and Bam, and even Murray.

.. but this post forgets that there's still quite a few Kentucky stars like KAT, Booker and AD. John Wall should still be included, although his career seems to be at a big crossroads right now. And Fox is right behind them. We're doing a real disservice to the Kentucky plays to insinuate they share this league with ANY other school. It's Kentucky, and #2 is so distant it's not even worth mentioning.

I think Tatum is still the guy over Herro and Bam, and even Murray.

.. but this post forgets that there's still quite a few Kentucky stars like KAT, Booker and AD. John Wall should still be included, although his career seems to be at a big crossroads right now. And Fox is right behind them. We're doing a real disservice to the Kentucky plays to insinuate they share this league with ANY other school. It's Kentucky, and #2 is so distant it's not even worth mentioning.
I definitely agree that Kentucky is miles ahead of Duke currently in terms of NBA production but its so fluid with all the one and done coming through now and think Duke has some guys coming up that can start to even it out more.

That was a remarkable stretch, but he needs to prove it consistently rather than 1 year of bubble playoffs.

Consistently average 40+ a game? That seems a little unreasonable. For these playoffs Murray put up 26.5 a game and Tatum 25.7.

Also for their career Murray has more 30 point playoff games than Tatum in less games and Tatum has 4 single point playoff performances to Murray’s 1.

Murray’s been better in the playoffs than Tatum. It’s not really even debateable at this point.

No one in their right mind would take Ingram over Bam. Not sure Zion is even better if you look beyond the espn hype.

Here's what I've got:

1. Davis uk
2. Tatum duke
3. Booker uk
4. Towns uk
5. Irving duke
6. Murray uk
7. Zion duke
8. Bam uk
9. Wall uk
10. Fox uk
11. Ingram duke
12. SGA uk
13. Randle uk
14. Bagley duke
15. Barrett duke
16. Herro uk
17. Carter duke
18. Washington uk
19. Bledsoe uk
20. Parker duke

Herro will rise in the ranks if he keeps on at this pace.

I definitely agree that Kentucky is miles ahead of Duke currently in terms of NBA production but its so fluid with all the one and done coming through now and think Duke has some guys coming up that can start to even it out more.

Maybe. They do have some more recent OAD's that have only been in the league for a year or two, and some guys like Trent Jr starting to make a name for themselves.

But so does Kentucky, and this draft and next look to be more positive for Kentucky than Duke: Richards/IQ/Maxey/BJ/Clarke/Sarr/Jackson is a more promising crop of NBA players than Carey/Johnson/Stanley/Stanley/Moore.

I think what Duke will do is position themselves as the firm #2 for college alum in the NBA with Kentucky firmly at #1. But Duke has work to do. A lot of guys need to continue imporvement and/or stay healthy... Carter, Zion, RJ, Cam, Bagley, Giles. You're getting a lot of 1AD talent lately, but it's not necessary the best talent when it comes to the NBA.

Consistently average 40+ a game? That seems a little unreasonable. For these playoffs Murray put up 26.5 a game and Tatum 25.7.

Also for their career Murray has more 30 point playoff games than Tatum in less games and Tatum has 4 single point playoff performances to Murray’s 1.

Murray’s been better in the playoffs than Tatum. It’s not really even debateable at this point.
Tatum is the better player right now then Murray. Look at the stats.

Maybe. They do have some more recent OAD's that have only been in the league for a year or two, and some guys like Trent Jr starting to make a name for themselves.

But so does Kentucky, and this draft and next look to be more positive for Kentucky than Duke: Richards/IQ/Maxey/BJ/Clarke/Sarr/Jackson is a more promising crop of NBA players than Carey/Johnson/Stanley/Stanley/Moore.

I think what Duke will do is position themselves as the firm #2 for college alum in the NBA with Kentucky firmly at #1. But Duke has work to do. A lot of guys need to continue imporvement and/or stay healthy... Carter, Zion, RJ, Cam, Bagley, Giles. You're getting a lot of 1AD talent lately, but it's not necessary the best talent when it comes to the NBA.
I’m expecting Boston to turn into Ingram on steroids in terms of NBA so I think Kentucky has very promising nba future. But I also think another fair point to consider regarding Duke in the NBA Is that some of our main guys in the past few years Barret, Bagley, Carter with NYK and SAC, have all been put into trash franchises with incompetent head coaches and historically bad teams. I think this has an impact of what you do early in your career and players like Tatum and Bam benefit greatly by getting drafted by established franchises with top tier head coaches like the Celtics and heat

We
No one in their right mind would take Ingram over Bam. Not sure Zion is even better if you look beyond the espn hype.

Here's what I've got:

1. Davis uk
2. Tatum duke
3. Booker uk
4. Towns uk
5. Irving duke
6. Murray uk
7. Zion duke
8. Bam uk
9. Wall uk
10. Fox uk
11. Ingram duke
12. SGA uk
13. Randle uk
14. Bagley duke
15. Barrett duke
16. Herro uk
17. Carter duke
18. Washington uk
19. Bledsoe uk
20. Parker duke

We going by pro potential or what they have accomplished in the NBA. If it’s the latter Zion is towards the bottom of that list. Not that he couldn’t move up, but I’m from Missouri. A lot of hype to live up to. Good list overall though

LOL can’t find the post now. Someone said that duke players would “even it out” with UK players in the NBA. That’s not happening anytime in the near future. That’s cute, though.

EDIT: It was @michael895. Just face it, duke doesn’t develop and prepare players for the pros anywhere near what UK does. It’s not even debatable at the point. When was the last time duke had a player ranked below 30 in HS do ANYTHING in the NBA?! I’ll wait.

Last edited:
I’m expecting Boston to turn into Ingram on steroids in terms of NBA so I think Kentucky has very promising nba future. But I also think another fair point to consider regarding Duke in the NBA Is that some of our main guys in the past few years Barret, Bagley, Carter with NYK and SAC, have all been put into trash franchises with incompetent head coaches and historically bad teams. I think this has an impact of what you do early in your career and players like Tatum and Bam benefit greatly by getting drafted by established franchises with top tier head coaches like the Celtics and heat
Lol Tatum could hold Murray’s jock let alone miles better! Nice homer take btw!

And the g league will keep duke from loading up. K is also in his mid 70s.

Duke has zero final fours with all the talent theyve landed since 2015.

That's pathetic in so many ways.

Tatum is a legit player and he's still getting better. This is only his third year in the league I believe? I'm still taking AD, KAT, Murray, Booker, and Bam over him. AD has been in the league for seven years, and he's till getting better. If Booker played some defense, then he could be all pro guy. Bam and Murray are still improving as well. Murray willed his team to the ECF. What did Tatum do?

Just wait till Wall/Cousins comes back and Herro is only going to get better.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Tatum is a legit player and he's still getting better. This is only his third year in the league I believe? I'm still taking AD, KAT, Murray, Booker, and Bam over him. AD has been in the league for seven years, and he's till getting better. If Booker played some defense, then he could be all pro guy. Bam and Murray are still improving as well. Murray willed his team to the ECF. What did Tatum do?

Just wait till Wall/Cousins comes back and Herro is only going to get better.
Not only that, but where’s Zion?

Lmfao. Where's Tatum?

20 year old playing in the damn finals against Lebron and AD. If thats your argument for Duke, that 30th ranked Herro had a bad game 1 in the NBA finals as a rookie.. ? Checkmate.
The two biggest plays of the playoffs were Bam's block and AD's three. Both came as the result of a Dukie failing miserably. Plumlee's horrific defense on AD looked like the stuff of rec league embarrassment, and I guarantee you Tatum has had nightmares about getting his shizz blocked at the rim.

But the clownish poster, bluegrasshickory, wants to throw shade at a 20 year old who has scored double digits every game of the playoffs and who went for 37 in a playoff game?

These Duke trolls are salty. All that help from Nike and UK still outshines Duke.

There's an article by one of their insiders talking about how Lebron has never won a ring without a Duke players "help".. and of course, Kyrie comes to mind.. but for other years, it's total bit players. This year being Quinn Cook who has barely even played.

Of course, this article would have never been written if there wasn't this 24/7 buzz about Kentucky players in the playoffs. How pathetic, that one of their insiders needs to bring up Quinn Cook in an attempt to try and measure up and minimize what Cal has done..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT