ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Baker. Which John Calipari is Arkansas getting?

I think he will have a good regular season.I think he will actually get off his ass and start coaching to try and prove a point.But flame out in the tourney.

I couild see him doing well there at first because chip on shoulder Cal is the best Cal. We all know that. I look for him to have his best success there in his first 2 years.

But he's more set in his ways and if he truly has lost his fastball he will probably give them 3-4 years of 22-11 type seasons with high preseason expectations, top ranked recruiting classes and an empty trophy case.

They'll get a renewed Cal for about two seasons, but it'll be fueled by spite alone. He will come in hot and do well... and then when the laziness and old habits creep in, they'll start hearing the same boring catchphrases, excuses and bitterness that we've heard for years. By the end of his tenure, they'll hate him and just be glad for any new face at all.

I watched Cals press conference at Arky and you can tell he didn't wanna be there lol
Refused to call the hogs, it was honestly really embarrassing for him. Made his poor wife and loser son do it as he scurried off stage pretending he had to be somewhere else.

It’s a silly tradition no doubt, but we all know how much Cal cares about appeasing the fanbase.

If doesn’t make it out of the first weekend the fans are gonna wonder if the got a Lemon.

Bringing all same assistants except Brad for Welch.
His performance will be worse.

Bingo. Calipari has already shown what he’s doing. He’s collecting money for his circle before retirement. He was going to be fired at Kentucky BECAUSE he wasn’t going to change. lol. If Calipari was going to change he would have done that HERE. The truth is he can’t change, his system is too off the rails.

Bringing Brad in, keeping Chin, ditching Welsh, is literally keeping the status quo. This isn’t even a question; during his press conference he was already saying the exact same things. He didn’t discuss changes, he discussed the same system on replay.

Calipari is not aware he has a problem, he thinks you have a problem for not understanding what he’s doing. He’s literally said by his actions nothing changes.

And contrary to popular opinion programs really matter. He will not be able to recruit to the same level at Arkansas he did here. Calipari’s brand isn’t what it was, and Arkansas will see that soon enough. Look at his face, he knows it.

I couild see him doing well there at first because chip on shoulder Cal is the best Cal. We all know that. I look for him to have his best success there in his first 2 years.

But he's more set in his ways and if he truly has lost his fastball he will probably give them 3-4 years of 22-11 type seasons with high preseason expectations, top ranked recruiting classes and an empty trophy case.

My bet is that he starts the season off hot and then gets comfortable and reverts back to ten losses and an early bounce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT