ADVERTISEMENT

Danger of making Higgins appear as a victim.

Hey BBN,

I was so pissed at screw job put on the Cat by Higgins and the rest of that crew that I had to step away from posting because of the hate I was feeling. I just wanted to post this last to ask that we as a fan base keep our protest of this game directed toward the NCAA the media and other sources that should hear these concerns. But when you attack a mans business and his Facebook page that does two things
1. It shifts the focus from the wanting justice for the outrageous behavior to a mob mentality against one man and right or wrong that makes him look like a victim.

2. The heroic effort of 5 young men with enormous hearts against 8 becomes overshadowed by a small group of people who have gone beyond grief into hate driven vengeance.

I love my Cats and Big Blue Nation and we will always prevail but don't let Higgins off the hook by taking the focus off his actions and putting it on outrageous fringe fan behavior.

Good Job BBN fans you are now the focus not Higgins, ...... the middle school refs will be the only ones available for your home games, as for the road games you guys are screwed.

the only thing the ncaa gains and we lose by higgins being "targeted" is the narrative that it's only one guy. and it's only bad for us in that we can't claim a higher and more general conspiracy against uk. i agree with others, we otherwise lose nothing here. and if there is something more general (ncaa as a whole doesn't like us), then it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Good Job BBN fans you are now the focus not Higgins, ...... the middle school refs will be the only ones available for your home games, as for the road games you guys are screwed.

It's been that way since Cal got here, so why should we care what the rest of the world thinks? We get "screwed" regardless.

If ANY Ref makes the kind of bogus calls that Higgins has made over the years, then they will be called out also. The problem UK fans have with this particular Ref go way beyond the UNC game.

UK fans are THE major contributor to NCAA Basketball. If they want to keep disrespecting us, maybe we should quit traveling to games and spending our hard earned money on their RIGGED organization!!

If we let the issue die in the space of one news cycle, we lose. I don't think he has gotten the message. If anything, that pos has probably been entertained. Higgins always has wanted to be THE SHOW.

It's been that way since Cal got here, so why should we care what the rest of the world thinks? We get "screwed" regardless.

If ANY Ref makes the kind of bogus calls that Higgins has made over the years, then they will be called out also. The problem UK fans have with this particular Ref go way beyond the UNC game.

UK fans are THE major contributor to NCAA Basketball. If they want to keep disrespecting us, maybe we should quit traveling to games and spending our hard earned money on their RIGGED organization!!

Right the world against BBN, once this hits the major news it will be negative to UK, which means a hit to recruiting, reputation, and more issues with seeding. You guys will never learn.

Right the world against BBN, once this hits the major news it will be negative to UK, which means a hit to recruiting, reputation, and more issues with seeding. You guys will never learn.

You are delusional if you think UK fans calling out a Ref that has made numerous game changing calls against us is going to hurt our "recruiting and reputation". If anything it will PROVE how our fans will go the extra mile for ANY player that comes here.

It's like Cal has stated numerous times "if you hurt one of mine I'm going after your whole village"!!

As for UK's "seeding", we get screwed over every year anyway, how could it be worse?

UK fans have definitely "learned" that sitting idly and allowing the NCAA to disrespect us has not gotten us anything!!!

You are delusional if you think UK fans calling out a Ref that has made numerous game changing calls against us is going to hurt our "recruiting and reputation". If anything it will PROVE how our fans will go the extra mile for ANY player that comes here.

It's like Cal has stated numerous times "if you hurt one of mine I'm going after your whole village"!!

As for UK's "seeding", we get screwed over every year anyway, how could it be worse?

UK fans have definitely "learned" that sitting idly and allowing the NCAA to disrespect us has not gotten us anything!!!

You just proved my point, the rest of the world sees BBN differently thru non blue glasses, so I would guess that UK will never get any calls in their favor with this kind of approach. You guys are always to hard on anyone that you think cost you a win.....look in the mirror and be nice from now on and things might change for the best.

Don't twist my post troll. BBN is still the greatest fan base in existence. Make no mistake what Higgins did was criminal but I
was simply stating there are other ways to express our disgust. I hope he comes to Rupp and BBN boo so loud and countinuously that they never hear his whistle.

You just proved my point, the rest of the world sees BBN differently thru non blue glasses, so I would guess that UK will never get any calls in their favor with this kind of approach. You guys are always to hard on anyone that you think cost you a win.....look in the mirror and be nice from now on and things might change for the best.

BBN is "nice". We continue to support NCAA basketball moreso than ANY other fan base even though we get screwed over constantly.

Calling out the pitifulness of this Ref is actually going to HELP.

You created an account just to post this?

get a life...

Reactions: musrat59
If all of this does one thing, I hope it keeps Higgins out of future UK games from now on.

What is more important to the NCAA, one bad Ref or an ENTIRE fan base that supports College Basketball more than ANY other?
That will be fine if some of the refs in the Good Ole Boys Club don't make us pay for their buddy.

That will be fine if some of the refs in the Good Ole Boys Club don't make us pay for their buddy.
This is what will happen. BBN will now be known as whiny babies to the rest of CBB, media, refs and other officials and the NCAA. Good luck getting an even break now. How you can think pissing everyone off at us will make things better is beyond stupid. Attacking Higgins just made the rest of his profession band together. Not saying they will blatantly screw UK but they damn sure won't give us an even break given the chance. And I don't blame them because in the same situation I would not either. Just made it worse for UK, way to go.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Wrong, joined in 2007, thousands of posts, that you can't see. HaHaHa. You guys are not as smart as other fanbases.

You being here proves that you value this "fanbases" opinion. to not be "as smart" you sure flocked over here to engage with us.

Now who's the "smart" one?[jumpingsmile]

This is my biggest gripe about Mr. Higgins. EVERYONE has seen the times in various BIG UK games this referee made HORRIBLE calls that affected the outcome. I have NO DOUBT that Cal and Mitch have discussed this every time it has happened.

So, when we see Mr. Higgins continue to get the PRIVILEGE of calling our games, I IMMEDIATELY blame Mitch!!!! He should go out of his way to voice his displeasure(privately to those in charge) when this horribly corrupt referee is even considered to call ANY UK game!!

Never gonna happen. Mitch probably thinks he called a decent game.

I don't know how more people haven't caught on to BBBlazing. He's not a UK fan.
Here is what I will tell you. I am evidently not a UK fan like alot of you. I love UK sports. I have loved UK sports since I was old enough to know what that meant. I'm guessing I'm older than you just by your attitude, because if you grew up during rations, you generally don't have an attitude like you do. But, I'm not willing to ignore my upbringing nor the pride I feel for the institution that not only educated me, but my children and my grandchildren. I am not willing to ignore that pride enough to follow a bunch of uneducated rednecks that embarrass me, my kids, my grandkids and everyone else that has graduated from UK by making us the laughing stock of the nation by harassing an official of a game that kids play. If you are so self-centered and ignorant to take pride in ruining someone because your team didn't win, you are different than me and the people around me. I'm embarrassed by you and do not call you a fellow fan. I want no association with you. I will continue to wear my UK gear and be proud of MY UNIVERSITY. I am not proud of you, as a matter of fact I am embarrassed by you. I would be surprised if you graduated anywhere, much less UK. Did you? I guess I will end up leaving this discussion because it disgusts me.

Too late...the damage is done, the mob gets the short term emotional victory...UK will pay the price on the court when JH's ref buddies job them in the long term.

Absolutley. Don't think the officiating community won't take notice of such blatant and rather moronic retaliation. Their retribution won't come on Facebook. Accountability will fall on the team. The perps to dense to see their role.

When I say Extreme Minimum.. I'm implying there's a portion of every fan base that's unhinged.

You can't even stop Tee-ball fans from going crazy.

Those people will continue to be crazy. You just make sure 90% of the fanbase stays grounded. Don't really care what the 10% does.
It use to be 3% when I was a kid, then 5% as an adult. Now it is 27%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT