ADVERTISEMENT

Danger of making Higgins appear as a victim.

KYFOSSIL

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Hey BBN,

I was so pissed at screw job put on the Cat by Higgins and the rest of that crew that I had to step away from posting because of the hate I was feeling. I just wanted to post this last to ask that we as a fan base keep our protest of this game directed toward the NCAA the media and other sources that should hear these concerns. But when you attack a mans business and his Facebook page that does two things
1. It shifts the focus from the wanting justice for the outrageous behavior to a mob mentality against one man and right or wrong that makes him look like a victim.

2. The heroic effort of 5 young men with enormous hearts against 8 becomes overshadowed by a small group of people who have gone beyond grief into hate driven vengeance.

I love my Cats and Big Blue Nation and we will always prevail but don't let Higgins off the hook by taking the focus off his actions and putting it on outrageous fringe fan behavior.

Yes, if anything.. we won't have Higgins as our official.. or if he is, he'll make damn sure not to shed light on his bias or inept officiating ability.

Our fans will be viewed in a certain light no matter what.. So as long as the death threats are kept to an extreme minimum.. I really don't care. I hope his blood pressure is through the roof.

Hey BBN,

I was so pissed at screw job put on the Cat by Higgins and the rest of that crew that I had to step away from posting because of the hate I was feeling. I just wanted to post this last to ask that we as a fan base keep our protest of this game directed toward the NCAA the media and other sources that should hear these concerns. But when you attack a mans business and his Facebook page that does two things
1. It shifts the focus from the wanting justice for the outrageous behavior to a mob mentality against one man and right or wrong that makes him look like a victim.

2. The heroic effort of 5 young men with enormous hearts against 8 becomes overshadowed by a small group of people who have gone beyond grief into hate driven vengeance.

I love my Cats and Big Blue Nation and we will always prevail but don't let Higgins off the hook by taking the focus off his actions and putting it on outrageous fringe fan behavior.

Too late...the damage is done, the mob gets the short term emotional victory...UK will pay the price on the court when JH's ref buddies job them in the long term.

Yes, if anything.. we won't have Higgins as our official.. or if he is, he'll make damn sure not to shed light on his bias or inept officiating ability.

Our fans will be viewed in a certain light no matter what.. So as long as the death threats are kept to an extreme minimum.. I really don't care. I hope his blood pressure is through the roof.

Kept to a minimum? How about none at all.

As disappointed I am in the situation and outcome of the game Saturday I would never consider trying to contact this guy or his business. I serves no purpose and will not change anything at all. It is just another hole in the road and you have to drive around it and keep going.

Yeah, it's over. Let it go. If anything, keep bugging Barnhart to get us better seeding. And maybe see what he can do to keep Higgins and sirmons away from our games.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
The NCAA wants no part in making all of this public. If it were, they would have to answer as to WHY Mr. Higgins has been harassed so blatantly.

I do not think it is right to personally attack this man or threaten him. But, if he uses his status as a Ref to promote his business, he has opened himself up to criticism.

This Ref is such a butt, that I can't imagine other LEGIT Referees wanting near him. He has brought unwanted bad press to their profession too many times.

Name me one fanbase that doesn't have outliers who threaten the other team, officials, or even their own players.

BBN is no different than the LA Lakers or the Cleveland Browns.

Also, what can you actually do about the outliers? Those few that can be punished, will be punished (for actual threats, trolling a FB page doesn't matter). Otherwise, Kentucky as a whole won't pay for this, nor the team, nor the fan base.

..But Higgins may. He's sweating.. and you have to wonder if he'll a. have issues continuing his officiating career. b. be allowed to officiate a UK game or c. If he does, how much he'll be on his best behavior..

Mission: Accomplished.

So as long as the death threats are kept to an extreme minimum.. I really don't care.
No one should be threatened with death over a basketball game. Wishing his wife would file for divorce because he can't satisfy her would be okay (and probably true).

Only excitement in his life is acting like a NCAA qualified ref.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat and awf
Yeah, it's over. Let it go. If anything, keep bugging Barnhart to get us better seeding. And maybe see what he can do to keep Higgins and sirmons away from our games.
I agree with this. I think the guy is scum but my feelings have only been on display here on this message board. This board is my exhaust vent...

When I say Extreme Minimum.. I'm implying there's a portion of every fan base that's unhinged.

You can't even stop Tee-ball fans from going crazy.

Those people will continue to be crazy. You just make sure 90% of the fanbase stays grounded. Don't really care what the 10% does.

Who gives a crap, we're going to be the bad guys whether we respond to the NCAA's corruption or not.

I haven't and will not harass the guy, but I don't feel sorry for him either. He officiated a horrible game in the first half to go on top of horrible calls he's made against UK in the tournament in the past. Either he gets better at his job or he deals with the consequences, but I'm done having our fans dictated to by a group of self-righteous assholes that want the games fixed against us but don't want us to complain about it.

We should all copy and paste the following:

"You're a shitty official, and you should no longer be officiating college basketball games, CERTAINLY not Kentucky games. However, we do not stand with the minute group of Kentucky fans who have made any threats to you and your family. We do not condone this behavior..

That said, we want to reiterate, you're a shitty official.."

Reactions: Brando Mac
Barnhart is not calling anyone out even in private. He is part of the college bureaucracy club.

This is my biggest gripe about Mr. Higgins. EVERYONE has seen the times in various BIG UK games this referee made HORRIBLE calls that affected the outcome. I have NO DOUBT that Cal and Mitch have discussed this every time it has happened.

So, when we see Mr. Higgins continue to get the PRIVILEGE of calling our games, I IMMEDIATELY blame Mitch!!!! He should go out of his way to voice his displeasure(privately to those in charge) when this horribly corrupt referee is even considered to call ANY UK game!!

He has one good thing going for him then, the fact he's a roofer.

Hey BBN,

Well said.

Even if he never calls another one of our games, you guys will find another ref to blame losses on. Been doing it since Rutledge.

Reactions: shidler
negative pub for FANS online from small media sources and higgins not reffing uk games any more. sounds good to me.

Reactions: catben
This is my biggest gripe about Mr. Higgins. EVERYONE has seen the times in various BIG UK games this referee made HORRIBLE calls that affected the outcome. I have NO DOUBT that Cal and Mitch have discussed this every time it has happened.

So, when we see Mr. Higgins continue to get the PRIVILEGE of calling our games, I IMMEDIATELY blame Mitch!!!! He should go out of his way to voice his displeasure(privately to those in charge) when this horribly corrupt referee is even considered to call ANY UK game!!

When are UK fans going to learn. Mitch is a hatchet man for the NCAA. He doesn't give a sht. How many bad hires, negative UK fan comments, and times he allows UK to get f'd over are we going to allow?

Give me our old AD's any day. Af least some of them would fight for us.

We've got Emmerts little cousin as our AD. the day Barnhart retires will be one of the greatest days in UK history.

ADVERTISEMENT