ADVERTISEMENT

D'Angelo Russell - City of Palms 2012

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
D'ANGELO RUSSELL - Montverde Academy (FL): 6-4, 175 (looks heavier), G-F, 2014 - This talented lefty is out of Louisville where he played at Central H. S. D'Angelo doesn't force anything and lets the game come to him. Has a really sweet shot, is fundamentally sound, and plays D. Everybody plays D if Kevin Boyle is your coach! I'm sure it helps playing on a team surrounded by top players where he doesn't have to be "the man." His first game against weak host team Bishop Verot he was 3-7 FG, 3-6 3's, 11 Pts, 4 Rebs, and 4 Asst.

Second game vs Chicago's Whitney Young, D'Angelo was 6-14 FG, 1-4 3's, 4-5 FT, 17 Pts, 5 Rebs, and had a strong game.

In his 3rd game which was against Long Beach Poly he didn't do a much, going 1-5 FG, 2-2 FT, 4 Pts, 1 Reb, 4 TO, 2 Blks, and 3 Stls.

In the tournament championship game against a surprisingly excellent Lone Peak team (all white guys from Utah), his defense was one of the keys to the game and was where he stood out in my opinion. Not saying he didn't have a really good offensive game ? 6-10 FG, 3-5 3's, 15 Pts, 4 Rebs, 3 Stls. He spent most of the game guarding Nick Emery, who is quick, gets his shots off quickly, deadly from 3-point range, and penetrates well. Emery scored only 8 after getting 19, 23, and 16 in previous 3 games and hit only 3-13 FG and 2-8 3's. I like D'Angelo a lot and hope UK keeps him on their radar.
This post was edited on 1/28 7:49 PM by UKPhilly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT