ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht

I would love to know the truth about UK's recruitment of Knecht. It was easy for any fan here to watch video of Knecht and see he was the real deal. Any college coach that scouted him would have known he was a star.

So, did TN just beat us for Knecht? Maybe they promised/offered him more in regard to his guaranteed role and maybe NIL. Or did UK just not really go after Knecht? Maybe Reeves or Edwards would not be here if Knecht had came. I know plenty will put out their opinion as a fact, but I would like to know the truth of his recruitment to UK.

I would love to know the truth about UK's recruitment of Knecht. It was easy for any fan here to watch video of Knecht and see he was the real deal. Any college coach that scouted him would have known he was a star.

So, did TN just beat us for Knecht? Maybe they promised/offered him more in regard to his guaranteed role and maybe NIL. Or did UK just not really go after Knecht? Maybe Reeves or Edwards would not be here if Knecht had came. I know plenty will put out their opinion as a fact, but I would like to know the truth of his recruitment to UK.

Reeves wouldn't be.

Amazing fans think he would share the ball if here. Chemistry issues galore.

Reeves wouldn't be.

Amazing fans think he would share the ball if here. Chemistry issues galore.
Maybe not. I haven't read anything regarding what Reeves would likely have done in that event. But the thing is they play different positions. Calipari has Reeves mostly playing 2G and it seems Knecht is mostly playing SF.

As for chemistry issues, if you're referring to Knecht being a gun you could be right - UNLESS Knecht is just doing what Barnes is telling him to do.

Reactions: ala_kat2

I still think we could’ve had him if Cal would’ve made effort during the transfer portal

I really wanted him over Edwards but I wasn’t so sure if I was willing to lose Edwards and Reeves for him (if it came to that). At the time Edwards was hyped up to be an incredible talent (and one day he might be) but I’ve just grown hesitant towards hyped up frosh. Could be the Justice recruits that soured me but in any event I was willing to lose out on Edwards to get Knecht which a lot folks (with good reasoning) weren’t willing to do.

After Cal’s first 5 years I was all in on talent over experience. Not so much anymore.

Hate the Vols but hard to hate this kid. Might be the best player in America.
He hit 9-10 shots at one point tonight; if Auburn doesn't triple team him, he drops 45+. They get Bama this weekend; that game might determine the SEC championship. Tennessee won by 20 in the first matchup, but I think Bama takes this one in Tuscaloosa.

You have to out physical UT to win…that’s what Miss State did. UK will also have to not get behind and play catch up as UT can shoot threes and have a good inside game. That will be a challenge for these young Cats as they have a tendency to slack on defense and lose focus at times. Harass their guards and shut down the inside and UK should win.

I think he actually said he would be the 1st college player which would still be a top 3-5 pick.
And just think about how good an upperclassman has to be to get picked that high? Because the NBA is not looking for the best college players in that 1st round. They're looking for "potential" that might blow up into a star. But I did read somewhere the other day that the better college players are now being taken in the 2nd round more so than in the past (where it used to be a lot of really high ceiling low floor guys).

And just think about how good an upperclassman has to be to get picked that high? Because the NBA is not looking for the best college players in that 1st round. They're looking for "potential" that might blow up into a star. But I did read somewhere the other day that the better college players are now being taken in the 2nd round more so than in the past (where it used to be a lot of really high ceiling low floor guys).
I havn't looked it up but I'd bet he wouldn't have been drafted after his freshman year. Some guys just work their butts off and get better(see Antonio Reeves).

Last spring I was on this site beating the drum for Knecht as loud as I could. As usual, of course, Calipari ignored me.:)
He probably didnt hear you beating the drum for Knecht, he was watching Little House.

Reactions: G-PIP
You’re exactly right and Cal really made no effort to get anybody during the transfer portal. I was pulling for Knecht and Nelson he made no attempt…
And you know this how ? Because you THINK it ? But, we did Tre Mitchell. While not Knecht, he was a very valuable addition and played very well before getting hurt. Knecht is a very good player, anybody saying he isn't is just being silly. BUT, the #1 player in college ? I don't think so. I would rank at LEAST these guys ahead of him :
Edey (Purdue) 22 points / 11 rebounds per game. If we are talking COLLEGE. Not pro potential

Jaedon LeDee (SDSU) 24 points / 10 rebounds per game. Dude is a stud and brings it at the defensive end also, which Knecht does not.

Several other players rank higher (in my and several others opinion), he is very good, but not THE best in college good.
Others :
PJ Hall - Clemson - 21 points / 7 rebounds / 2.5 blocks, and a 40% 3FG shooter. Dude does it all.
Triston Newton - UCONN - 16 points / 7 rebounds / 6 assist per game, and a solid defender.
Tyler Kolek - Marquette - May be the best PG in college. 14 / 5 / 5. Not gaudy numbers, but he is their leader.
Hunter Dickinson - Kansas - 22/13.
Just a few, maybe a couple others.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirt Court King
IF I was an NBA GM he would be an attractive pick. He is almost a "can't miss" prospect to be successful in the NBA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT