ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht - who guards him?

Call in these guys

v12o7P.gif
So go full John Chaney and send in the goons, or was that Lon Chaney?

Best defense on him would be for us to play a three guard lineup so he is matched up with Reeves chasing him around on defense all night.

Would be nice if we could get some of that sec home cooking that a the other teams get. You know 2 quick fouls on knecht would be great but we are not lucky enough for that we get jobbed at home by the refs almost as much as on the road.

Is this going to be a game where Adou plays a lot, with main duty being defense? How do we slow him down? Dude is good and seems to be on fire. Do we need to show him up, or give him his and try to shut down his team mates?
Does anyone else remember the junk defense that Bob Knight used against UNC and Michael Jordon in the 1984 NCAA Tournament? He had Dan Dakich absolutely plaster himself all over Jordon, and Michael could hardly even get a pass.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
What's everybody so upset about? I remember a while back we defended this guy Tim Duncan, you might have heard of him. We took on his team in the tournament and basically shut Duncan dow-

Oh, that was Pitino. F--- it, never mind.

Best defense on him is sitting on the bench.
Switch so he has to guard Dilly. Pick up a couple quick fouls.....
Or run him into some screens. As Shaq says " touch him up a bit"

Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
Think you have to start with Adou, and then maybe Sheppard. Definite size advantage for Knecht there but Sheppard could pester the hell out of him. Same with Wagner probably.
The game depends on how the refs call it. If they let them beat us up, we lose. If they call fouls when a guy bumps our driver off his line, then we may be ok

Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
So go full John Chaney and send in the goons, or was that Lon Chaney?
You have a point here. Use Thiero, Wagner, Reed and Reeves alternately and tell them to foul him. Push him and put a body on him at all times. Alternate them so we have enough fouls available

I say put Adou on him a lot. Otherwise, maybe Bradshaw and his length could bother him (or Big Z)? They are both athletic enough to step out and guard him. Ugo would likely not work well on him.
I would play 2 bigs. One of the bigs would do nothing but shadow him, Bradshaw or Big Z. There are 10 fouls to use on him alone. You got them then use them.

I agree that Barnes has Cal's number. The only way our team defense will get better is if Cal changes his scheme to compensate for the lack of individual defensive skills.

I agree that Barnes has Cal's number. The only way our team defense will get better is if Cal changes his scheme to compensate for the lack of individual defensive skills.

I understand this because of the overall picture, but we swept Tennessee last season and we have won 4 of the last 5 regular season matchups with Tennessee, all 4 of which, Tennessee was ranked in the Top-25, and last season, both wins over Tennessee were with them ranked in the Top-10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT