ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht and Chris Ledlum visiting UT this weekend.

No on all accounts. Edwards is a stud and better than Knecht today, tomorrow and twice this Sunday. Also no to Edwards ever even sniffing the 4 spot. Last, no to not liking Bradshaw at the 4.
I think you're wrong on Knecht - at least offensively. And I'm not just talking about perimeter shooting either. I've seen both play (game footage) a decent bit now. Knecht is a guy that just kept getting better as his confidence grows. He has size, athleticism, ball-handling, and certainly perimeter shooting. But he can also score at the rim with contact. He may be at the top end of his potential, while Edwards still has more upside, but right now I would bet my money on Knecht being a better SF today. I would also bet that Knecht ends up being drafted after next season.

Last edited:
No, it’s that there’s several players in the portal, and that will be in the portal, that are more seasoned for the collegiate game than most of those 5 top 30 you mentioned.

It’s about putting the best players in that give you the best chance to win the game. Cal doesn’t do that anymore. He coddles his NBA guys vs. looking for more wins. If you don’t know that, it’s because you choose not to.
We have had many very good transfers over the last 3 to 4 years and they came in and took the place of 5 stars.
Livingston, Collins, Juzang, E.J. Montgomery and Nick Richards were all 5 stars, possibly not Juzang. All of those guys weren't coddled. This is just in the last 3 to 4 years. Cal has caught grief because Juzang and Hopkins transferred due to a lack of playing time. They were not coddled. If I have a complaint about Cal it is that he doesnt play players enough that are obviously going to be valuable to the team in the near future. Ugonna, Juzang and Hopkins are just a few examples.

Reactions: G-PIP
So you’d rather have Knecht than Edwards?
Ah, the whole "they're mutually exclusive thing?"

Your mentality is the same one that said Duke couldn't land Zion, Reddish, and Barrett, or that UK couldn't land Bledsoe and Wall.

Think bigger. This isn't about what makes Calipari comfortable. This is about doing what it takes to win basketball games in 2023, not 1997.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Ah, the whole "they're mutually exclusive thing?"

Your mentality is the same one that said Duke couldn't land Zion, Reddish, and Barrett, or that UK couldn't land Bledsoe and Wall.

Think bigger. This isn't about what makes Calipari comfortable. This is about doing what it takes to win basketball games in 2023, not 1997.
I don't think anyone is saying we don't need him.
It all about selling Knecht on coming here, which imo is no easy task.
You can't promise him a starting spot with a guy like Edwards on the roster.
You can't promise him a bigger NIL deal than the freshmen or even Reeves.
I think it's easier to get a group of top HS kids to go to the same school than it is to get top portal players to join a team with 5 star freshmen.
In a perfect world a mix was be great but easier said than done.
You push for HS commitments in Nov, the portal doesn't open until the following April and you have absolutely no idea who will enter.
You can't turn down a commitment from a 5 star to save the scholly for an unknown portal player.

I really don't understand what the hell Cal is doing.
Getting one guy from the portal and you have an 8 man rotation
That's about all anyone plays
Wagner, dillingham,Edwards, Shepard, Reeves
All for 3 spots
Then your 2 pf center
Get one transfer and you're ready

For this instance Kentucky actually has good freshman coming that won’t require these mid major transfers to be our number one option offensively, knecht and reeves as the 3rd and fourth option on next years teams would make a really good offensive squad
At Tournament time when you have kids playing against grown men, it makes a difference.

Reactions: westerncat
No on all accounts. Edwards is a stud and better than Knecht today, tomorrow and twice this Sunday. Also no to Edwards ever even sniffing the 4 spot. Last, no to not liking Bradshaw at the 4.
You really can’t help yourself with hyping up and coming recruits as if they’re nba all stars already, can you? You would think, after the past couple of seasons, people like yourself would learn how to temper expectations. Nope.

Definition of insanity

They originally said he was in no hurry and that’s why we are recruiting him.
IU people think he is, and is wanting to commit soon, my worry is cal get ugo back, and waits for Oscar/reeves/Livingston to come back and does nothing in the portal. Livingston and Oscar are probably gone, I don’t get why he will wait that out

Reactions: bookerfan66
IU people think he is, and is wanting to commit soon, my worry is cal get ugo back, and waits for Oscar/reeves/Livingston to come back and does nothing in the portal. Livingston and Oscar are probably gone, I don’t get why he will wait that out
He's got his one and done freshman class,depth be damned.

Reactions: bigbluedon
How do we know??? This is the first year Muss has reached out to 84 or so players. Guess we will see. He’s got a lot more spots to fill, but not sure his approach will work.
He’s lost 23 games the past two years. Whatever he’s doing isn’t working all that great.

Reactions: Sejonesy
He needs to hire a damn assistant coach yesterday and decide if Bruiser is in or out for next year. Kinda hard to work the portal with one less member of the coaching staff than everybody else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT