ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Kenect

I think Cal does it solely for the perception that he just cares about his players more than the other guy. Bradshaw i somewhat understood because foot injuries are sketchy with big guys.

But Wagner was on a bike 10 minutes after he hurt it. That does not sound like a 2+ week ankle injury to me. It’s silly and all it does at this point is hurt his teams continuity and chemistry.
Bingo. This is exactly right.

Wagner wanted back in during the game. Calipari kept him out. Like he always does.
Cal did that to prove a point.
He wanted to prove to the Bennies that we could not win with RS starting at PG and we could not win without DW on the floor.

He wanted everyone to "learn", even if it cost him a win and a seed line.

Reactions: Montana81
Cal did that to prove a point.
He wanted to prove to the Bennies that we could not win with RS starting at PG and we could not win without DW on the floor.

He wanted everyone to "learn", even if it cost him a win and a seed line.
This might be the dumbest thing ever written on here. You are accusing Cal of purposely throwing a game. Not only would that be a violation of his contract but also against the law.

Yeah, I am sure this was exactly what Cal was doing!

This might be the dumbest thing ever written on here. You are accusing Cal of purposely throwing a game. Not only would that be a violation of his contract but also against the law.

This IS the dumbest thing ever written on here.

If DW was able to play, why didn't Cal play him???

Some fans just don't understand Cal's ego and what drives his poor coaching decisions.

I'll hang up and listen.

The career of Mark Fidrych shows that you can't hurry back from an injury.

More than that, think of how many people here found it onerous to protect others health during the depth of COVID simply by wearing a mask. I bet a lot of those same people now want others to risk their health and careers in order just to win a game.

I think Cal does it to give him a pass if he loses. He can always say, we were without some players.
This^ its also why you will never see a guy come back from injury to face a top tier team. Ole Cal loves to have some excuse for why they lost

Reactions: TriCountyCat

I don't know if it this is the total truth but I wouldn't say it's the dumbest thing written on here. Cal has a huge ego and definitely has a disdain for the majority of Kentucky fans. If you can't see that then you have blinders on. He may not have lost it on purpose but I could definitely say he probably felt some type of vindication that we lost the game shepp started and Dj was out.

Reactions: cathouse
Badly sprained ankle last week. Playing tonight for UT. If he were at UK he wouldn’t play until January
Around here under Calipari a player gets a hangnail & he's out for 2 weeks. God forbid a player gets a serious injury like a chipped fingernail. He would have to apply for a medical redshirt, after he got out of ICU.

This IS the dumbest thing ever written on here.

If DW was able to play, why didn't Cal play him???

Some fans just don't understand Cal's ego and what drives his poor coaching decisions.

I'll hang up and listen.
Who said Wagner was able to play? You honestly believe DJ is fine and was ready to play and Cal refused to let him play in the game? Anyone who truly believes that has some major mental issues going on.

Wagner wanted back in during the game. Calipari kept him out. Like he always does.
The program, which is Cal's responsibility to drive towards excellence, is secondary to Calipari. He puts NBA draft first every time.

The irony is that it hasn't even paid off with elite of the elite recruits and certainly hasn't paid off with actual tournament wins.

He's a joke. This season is his last chance to prevent the fan base from overwhelmingly losing all hope in his ability to properly lead this program.

Last edited:
Who said Wagner was able to play? You honestly believe DJ is fine and was ready to play and Cal refused to let him play in the game? Anyone who truly believes that has some major mental issues going on.
Or maybe they're just misinformed. I wouldn't call them mentally ill. Take you, for example. You trash the players all the time in the game threads, but I don't take it as a sign that you're mentally ill. Inconsistent in your weak, bizarre arguments? Absolutely, but not mentally ill.

"Wagner wanted back in during the game. Calipari kept him out. Like he always does."

WTH is wrong with you???

Did you even read the thread???

I was responding to the op who wrote the above statement about Wagner wanting to play and Cal kept him out.

You are the one who seems to have some major mental issues. Go back and read some of your posts during the games and get back to me on that one.

And stop attacking posters for stating their OPINION. That is what a message board is here for.

If you can't handle reading other people's opinions that are different from yours without calling them dumb, stupid, crazy, etc., then you should probably just stay off a message board.

Get help.

Reactions: UKortho
"Wagner wanted back in during the game. Calipari kept him out. Like he always does."

WTH is wrong with you???

Did you even read the thread???

I was responding to the op who wrote the above statement about Wagner wanting to play and Cal kept him out.

You are the one who seems to have some major mental issues. Go back and read some of your posts during the games and get back to me on that one.

And stop attacking posters for stating their OPINION. That is what a message board is here for.

If you can't handle reading other people's opinions that are different from yours without calling them dumb, stupid, crazy, etc., then you should probably just stay off a message board.

Get help.
And people wonder why UK fans are labeled as dumb, country hicks. Good lord this is so much stupidity

And people wonder why UK fans are labeled as dumb, country hicks. Good lord this is so much stupidity
OK.
That's enough of your nonsense.

Ignore it is.

Insulting people is all you ever do on this board. That says everything about you.........

The program, which is Cal's responsibility to drive towards excellence, is secondary to Calipari. He puts NBA draft first every time.

The irony is that it hasn't even paid off with elite of the elite recruits and certainly hasn't paid off with actual tournament wins.

He's a joke. This season is his last chance to prevent the fan base from overwhelmingly losing all hope in his ability to properly lead this program.
Without a doubt

The UK tradition and fans mean nothing to him. Draft and draft picks are his only concern. He will loose the all time wins lead for the 2nd time this year, but that means nothing as well

He got his trophy then he basically quit. Anybody says anything to the contrary is a fool. That’s why so many Kentucky fans have come to dislike him. Not only does he not care about titles, he rubs your nose in it just to be a dick. Helen Keller could have coached that 2015 team to a title.
''I told ellen, glad that's out of the way''. Right after he won the title. He's soft, doesn't have the hunger to win another one. He doesn't care. He got his one title, he's done.

I don’t think so.

They’re both bad to terrible on defense but Knecht is a much bigger threat on the other end. It seems like a no brainer to me. I’m curious what you’re seeing in Edwards over Knecht

Is it also a violation of his contract and against the law to make in game adjustments to improve the chances of winning the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT