ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

UP%204_6_6_4%203835%20frbw.jpg
WOW Nice one Rooster!

Just counted up my coins that I found metal detecting this year, $15. This was not a good year, but I had a lot going on that kept me from detecting.

My best find this year was the 1890 Indian Head penny.

My greatest find was the gold wedding band that I found for my friend, it was his DAD'S, had been missing 27 or 28 years!!!!

Last edited:
I have some in-laws that graduated from OU...........and you are absolutely right.........

As a Michigander I used to despise Buckeyes and passionately. (Very few people from Ohio are okay. There are a few but not so many.) (Been gone too long to hold the grudge I used to hold against them but I remember it was passionate.)

I remember the Bo Schembechler - Woody Hayes days that pitted these two rivals against each other and their perspective states... Real wars occurred.. You know... Friendly fights...

"It was a friendly fight"-Fraser ..... "I've never been in one of those."- J.D. Cahill...

Just counted up my coins that I found metal detecting this year, $15. This was not a good year, but I had a lot going on that kept me from detecting.

My best find this year was the 1890 Indian Head penny.

My greatest find was the gold wedding band that I found for my friend, it was his DAD'S, had been missing 27 or 28 years!!!!
I remember your post earlier this year about the ring. Makes me feel good. Not so much that you found the ring but more to the fact that I remembered the post. 😉

As a Michigander I used to despise Buckeyes and passionately. (Very few people from Ohio are okay. There are a few but not so many.) (Been gone too long to hold the grudge I used to hold against them but I remember it was passionate.)

I remember the Bo Schembechler - Woody Hayes days that pitted these two rivals against each other and their perspective states... Real wars occurred.. You know... Friendly fights...

"It was a friendly fight"-Fraser ..... "I've never been in one of those."- J.D. Cahill...
Those games between Schembechler (Michigan) and Hayes (OSU) played 1969-1978 were known as The Ten Year War. Helluva rivalry series.

I'd of hated to have to feed those boogers but I do love the Shepherd breed.
I fell into the dog trap a couple of years ago.....got a goldendoodle......he was so smart and easy to train my wife wanted to get him a partner dog........they are great dogs but are allergic to chicken..........I won't tell you how much trouble I go through to feed them..........I raise rabbits and ducks to feed them among other things.......but I have never enjoyed anything as much as I do these two......

My first paying job out of HS had me repairing tires for a trucking company......some of the trucks had what they called flotation tires........on one of the first tires I repaired I left a 3' tire tool in one when I put it back together...........damn thing flew out and put a nice hole in the fender........
My first job out of high school was training to kill commies. Given the direction our country is going I may have to come out of retirement for the ones closer to home.

I don't watch much football.......none now.....but I was watching the day old Woody went wild..........and attacked the Clemson player.............what is it about the Big10 and coaches going crazy in games, Bob Knight, Davis and Woody Hayes.........

Good morning from ATX. Currently 32°F and clear. Today's high is expected at around 66°F. We'll take it.

What an ugly game last night. Cats looked great when score was tied 17-17. We sure quickly fell apart. Tide really took us out of our game. Gotta hand it to them. They shot the lights out.

Wishing all our fellow D-League members happiness and health.

peach1.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 32°F and clear. Today's high is expected at around 66°F. We'll take it.

What an ugly game last night. Cats looked great when score was tied 17-17. We sure quickly fell apart. Tide really took us out of our game. Gotta hand it to them. They shot the lights out.

Wishing all our fellow D-League members happiness and health.

peach1.jpg
I worked with a Melba once and she wasn't much of a peach. She was mean and grumpy everyday.

Morning all. Haven't been on here for a week or so. Ever have those times that you're really busy...but not. Got a lot done...but look around and not much changed. Kind of my last week or two. Guess a lot of busy work.

Austin...was married to 'peach'. Georgia peach born and raised in Alabama. Gorgeous girl...but the stories I have....good and bad.

Totally forgot about the game last night. But doesn't bother me. Used to plan my activities around UK bball. Not anymore. Have gotten a number of angry calls/texts/emails after Saturday. Will leave it there.

Everyone have a great 'hump day'.

Knew someone would catch that 😂 My golfing buddy of 15 years passed away in October. He was a diehard Alabama football fan but a Kentucky basketball fan. He left me the cart. The other side has a Kentucky sticker.
Sounds like my ex-father in law (RIP) and my oldest son. Huge Bama football fans and UK bball fans.
FIL was born and raised in Bama. But during bball season he would listen to Cawood on the radio. Son is a Bama fan due to his G'father....and UK bball due to me.

Good morning D, beautiful cold morning here in the Berg. Looks like it's heading up to around 50 today.

Took some of my glass work to meet with some ladies just to see if they could help me with my painting on glass, she just said she didn't see anything wrong with it. The lady that does painting wasn't there, so I'll go back next week when she is there. I had one panel that I made, it's called "In Remembrance" that I made for Mrs. M when her MOM passed away. It's a set of Angel Wings with a heart in the center. The heart is made with the color of the birthstone of the month they were born in or any color they chose. I made one a few years ago for a lady who lost a baby, she had it done in red.

I hope the D has a great day, prayers for the D!!!!

Morning all. Haven't been on here for a week or so. Ever have those times that you're really busy...but not. Got a lot done...but look around and not much changed. Kind of my last week or two. Guess a lot of busy work.

Austin...was married to 'peach'. Georgia peach born and raised in Alabama. Gorgeous girl...but the stories I have....good and bad.

Totally forgot about the game last night. But doesn't bother me. Used to plan my activities around UK bball. Not anymore. Have gotten a number of angry calls/texts/emails after Saturday. Will leave it there.

Everyone have a great 'hump day'.

Yes Sir, been there and done that and will again if the Lord doesn't take me home but keep on keeping on...

I turned on the game for maybe two minutes when it was tied. I still hurt bad when UK loses but I have not watched more than three minutes of UK this season. The kneeling at Florida cemented my detest of the current UK leadership. You can think what you want but outwardly showing/ supporting it during a game is beyond stupid and I loath that concerning Cal and UK. (That is near not forgivable in my estimation toward Cal and UK leadership.)

Oh, I DO dwell on the good and righteousness of those who seek God. May you all seek God first and his righteousness and everything else will be provided. Do not waiver in that trust of that promise. God IS faithful!

God Bless you all and your families...

It is a cool 32.2°F now up from the 24° at sunrise.

The Cats did not look good last night. That is all I will say as my dad said that if you could not say something good about people then don't say anything at all.

I have not missed a UK game since 1966 either on radio, TV or being there. I can't miss one or else it will mess up my record of 55 years.

My son-in-law worked at the Honda Assembly plant located in Ohio, and he quit his job to go to nursing school. He just couldn't stand living there. He has been nurse manager of one of the floors of the cardiovascular section of the hospital for a few years. He said living in Ohio was the worst experience of his life. He said the state was ok, but the people were unbearable, where he worked.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT