ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

4teucg.jpg

From Christmas Eve. Bourbon makes Bert a happy guy.
138317165_10157967447470017_2127867200586009073_n.jpg

Bert is on the left, Bert's son Lee is next (Iraq vet), Leon Martin next (Bert's first cousin and 'brother') he is a Vietnam vet and on the right is Bert's son in law Ben. You talk about a fun bunch.

The astute will notice that I am drinking "Eagle Rare".

Just wanted to let you all know, the celebration service for Dad on Saturday was perfect. Mom seems to be doing fine. ... still going to be an adjustment for all of us.
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Plus the Cats kicked some Gator tail!!

Sorry you had to go through that, but we all do. Even though your Mom seems fine, she will be lonesome for awhile. I know you will visit her often.

Bert is on the left, Bert's son Lee is next (Iraq vet), Leon Martin next (Bert's first cousin and 'brother') he is a Vietnam vet and on the right is Bert's son in law Ben. You talk about a fun bunch.

I like "being happy" myself sometimes Sir! 😉

Hey, what's that Bama sticker doing on that golf cart? Especially, when we play them tomorrow? Heresy.
Knew someone would catch that 😂 My golfing buddy of 15 years passed away in October. He was a diehard Alabama football fan but a Kentucky basketball fan. He left me the cart. The other side has a Kentucky sticker.

Knew someone would catch that 😂 My golfing buddy of 15 years passed away in October. He was a diehard Alabama football fan but a Kentucky basketball fan. He left me the cart. The other side has a Kentucky sticker.

Nice of him to leave you the cart. I suppose that in honor of him, I would probably just leave the sticker on, too, and just explain when I had to. In TN, you probably don't have to explain much.

That is a jolly bunch of guys there Bert. Great pic!

Ich bin nicht astute.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 31°F, foggy and chilly. We're concerned with icy fog right now. Many local roads and overpasses were de-iced yesterday. Our area should warm up to 53°F late today.

We stayed up late last night for the Tide/Buckeye game. I'm happy Bama dominated OSU.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

Hot_Tea_DAY_Jan_12-595x595.png

Good morning D, cold 20 this morning, but I saw stars for the first time in a while this morning!!!

I didn't watch the game, but glad Bama won, don't like ohio state at all, especially when Urban Crier was there!!! OSU should have never been there in the first place!!!

Got a meeting at 12 today with a lady to look at some of my glass work. This will be one artist meeting with another artist, pro meeting a piddler!!!!

Going to try and bake a Cornish Hen today, will see how that goes!!!! I made two fried hard eggs yesterday for the first time, I put two eggs on the stove to boil for 17 minutes, when I woke up in the easy chair my first thought was oh my gosh those eggs!!!! No water in the pot, eggs busted open and black on one side. Better set the alarm on my phone next time!!!!

I hope the D, has a great day, we are getting sunshine today!!!! Oh and PRAYERS for the D!!!!

It will be rough for all, but all we can do is have those good memories. Collect everything you can.
They get more precious all the time. Plus save every picture you can find.
That is some solid advice Bert, we will try our best.

Come down some day and we will drink to them.
I'd love to do that some time.

Even though your Mom seems fine, she will be lonesome for awhile. I know you will visit her often.
Thanks Ben, I guess "fine" may have been a bit misleading. Maybe as well as can be expected? None of us are looking forward to her first night alone once my sister has to leave. She has plenty of family to help her out also....

I picked the Cats to win tonight, but they're gonna have to really be on top of things both defensively & offensively. I heard Alabama, on average, puts up a shot every 14 seconds and shoots up to 30 3's per game.
Need to keep the TO's to minimum, tough D (anticipate long rebounds) and have a better than avg. shooting night. ....pretty much what they need to do every game.

Got some sunshine this morning.

Morning D-Leaguers. It is fine day after Alabama beat the stuffings out of Ohio State. So many exceptions have been made this year that sports has been turned up on top of it's head; however, last night sort of fixed up sports by Alabama showing how damned weak the Big Ten was and overcoming all the hype from up north.

It is a very cold 26.6°F in Smiths Grove at 8:44 am. I was a lot colder when I got up at 6:30. We are still overcast but yesterday we actually got some good sunshine in the afternoon. That is always good to see.

I am going to blacken some catfish at 5 this afternoon. I love that stuff. I love it to the point that I will probably burn myself out on it. But that is what I do.

I hope the Cats can pull out a win tonight. That would make for a really good week.

• Congrats on finding the ratchet and socket.
  • Wish you lived next door.
  • We started at 28º. Now 39º. Cloudy or foggy, take your pick.
  • Have only seen one Whitetail in almost a month.
  • Wintertime in Cumming.
  • Go Cats in Tuscaloosa.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
Game played at Rupp tonight, Donfather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT