ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good point. Even lower wage jobs have a value to society. Everyone will not be able to have the skills, knowledge, abilities, or desire to prepare themselves for the best jobs. I'd rather have those people doing something productive than sitting at home living off the gov.
Exactly! They live better then a lot of working people and then act like they have it so bad.

127276714_10223969166398944_587394384159887232_n.jpg

Thanks for the history. Speaking of listening to WHAS, in Florida, I remember when my grandparents has some property in Deland. It was about Christmas of 1969 and my Dad took my sister and I to see my grandparents. Dad and I couldn't pick up WHAS in Deland, so we drove to Daytona and parked on the beach. We hooked a wire coat hanger to the antenna, and listened to Cawood call the UK-Notre Dame game, from Freedom Hall. It was amazing what people would do to be able to listened to the Cats, back then. Just not quite the same today. Sad to see the change, along with everything else that has changed around us.

Good stuff!

I absolutely hate the BLM shit because they are "trained Marxist" as the founder proudly said. I don't think that followers of Marx would become millionaires in basketball as they practice pure capitalism. These kids don't know what it means, so I will forgive them.
I never thought anything could ever cause me to stop watching and rooting for the cats, but then here comes 2020. sadly things will never be the same again—sports or otherwise.
Sadly, very sadly, I am with you.
Same here. Saturday was the first time I've even watched a minute of our football team. Looked like I haven't missed much.
The Cats will survive this but the spirit may not come back as it once was. We have the privilege to live in America and that has nothing to do with our skin color.
It was religious liberty. Emphasis on life, liberty & pursuit of happiness.
US-flag-and-bible-cross.jpg

Paid for with blood more than once. That's why an honest vote is not an option. It saves lives. I agree it's bigger than sport. I've been turning off the insulting lying BS too, but as apes we NEED the primitive tribal interaction of sport to learn self control in collective struggle to prevent the worst of our nature.

Last edited:
It is a crisp 33.8°F with light clouds and, son of a gun, frost on my neighbors roof.

I won't miss a UK basketball game and I will judicially make a bluray of each. It is just what I do. I absolutely hate the BLM shit because they are "trained Marxist" as the founder proudly said. I don't think that followers of Marx would become millionaires in basketball as they practice pure capitalism. These kids don't know what it means, so I will forgive them.

I enjoyed seeing my daughter this weekend. She will be in Baltimore for Thanksgiving so we split holidays with her.

Do any of you know first hand if the Cats Pause yearbook is out yet?

Yes the Cats Pause Basketball Yearbook is out . My wife ordered mine online and I got it Saturday.

Good afternoon D, beautiful day here in the Berg.

It's amazing the sights and sounds you can hear when you are out and about working! I had a stump ground out of the ground and was out working on it filling it up and kept hearing something in the sky, I knew what it was, it was just a matter of finding them, because they fly so high!!! I finally spotted them and it was two huge flocks of cranes!!! I got my trusty 10x50 Orion binoculars and watched them till I couldn't see them any more, there must have been 75-100 of them. One group kept circling around until the second group caught up, then they headed on Southwest. They make a very unique sound while they are flying!

Went back to the field again today where I have been finding some old stuff in and found something old again today! I think I know what it is, maybe a surveyors sight thing or a compass. I just found the top and it says,

9-44
Corps of engineers
US ARMY

Manufactured by
Superior Magneto Corp
L.I. City
USA
There is a slot in-between those two.

Hope the D has a great evening!!!! GOD has made a beautiful day here!!!!
Waiting for Mrs. M to get home so we can go fur a walk, then back home for either homemade vegetable soup or ravioli casserole which was excellent!!! Can't go wrong with either one!!!!

Back in Atlanta in '77 or '78 we were at a big Christmas party while we were playing Kansas (I think). Kept going out to the car to listen to the game. Must have went out 15 or 20 times.
Nowadays.....sadly I'd be more interested in the buffet at the party.
December 10/77 maybe? cold as hell that day. i was at the hospital that day for the birth of my first child. cats kicked ass that day at kansas. later that day i heard adolph rupp had died.

Rooster, I saw this on FaceBook. Is it fake or fact or something in the middle.
fluorescence_frame_331_1.jpg

What are farmers doing besides feeding the rest of us? A NASA satellite found some odd readings over the United States. Global warming proponents thought they were onto something. They were surprised to find this image was a manifestation of the force of farming in the United States. This satellite image shows the photosynthesis of America's 100 million acre Corn crop. Further research found the US corn crop, at it's peak, produces 40% more oxygen than the Amazon rain forest. Thank you farmers.
Here's the linky source for the facebook dated NASA report. Todays data sets using drones, combined with satellite imagery and GIS technologies produce accuracies at least 1,000,000 times more accurate than a decade ago. This image is indicative of a productive temperate biotic ecosystem. The scale is really too coarse to determine if it's the corn crop. It is an interesting pitch on economic forecast potential.

Last edited:
Good Morning D

We have a cool 54º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. Nice and sunny with 1% chance of rain as we top out at 77º in mid afternoon. This is "off day" for me with nothing on my calendar so I will take it easy and limit myself to a nice walk and going through stuff in the garage.

I saw my primary doctor yesterday. We went over the surgeries I had in the past couple of months and he said he had never seen so much hardware in one person. Oh well. He gave me good advice on how to live on one kidney. Certain foods to stay away from, etc. Overall, the physical went very well and I don't have to go back until next May for a 6 month. Feeling good.

Take care all. And let the good Lord take a likin' to you. Happy Trails.

Good morning from Shawanee, TN. We've got 31°F and partly cloudy. Expecting 58°F for our high. Loved yesterday afternoon. Stood out in the sun with a neighbor's dog.

I'm gonna walk over to another relative's place in a few, eat breakfast with him, walk back, jump in the car, pick him up and we're going shopping for Thanksgiving dinner.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

Good Morning D

We have a cool 54º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. Nice and sunny with 1% chance of rain as we top out at 77º in mid afternoon. This is "off day" for me with nothing on my calendar so I will take it easy and limit myself to a nice walk and going through stuff in the garage.

I saw my primary doctor yesterday. We went over the surgeries I had in the past couple of months and he said he had never seen so much hardware in one person. Oh well. He gave me good advice on how to live on one kidney. Certain foods to stay away from, etc. Overall, the physical went very well and I don't have to go back until next May for a 6 month. Feeling good.

Take care all. And let the good Lord take a likin' to you. Happy Trails.

A little trivia. Old time actor from 40s, 50s, and 60s who played many characters with a stuttering manner, Shug Fisher, was a member of the Sons of the Pioneers. As was Festus....Ken Curtis
ScreenHunter_110_Jul_28_16_45.jpg
6ac706ffbee39fab60835c7b11a5db25.jpg

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites, Newbies and Lurkers.
  • We have 43º in Cumming this morning. Fingers numb, Lola and Don cold. A little windy. Makes it feel colder than 43. No clouds.
  • 2nd cup of Dark Magic doing its thing for me. Light breakfast devoured quickly.
  • 4 Whitetails sighted already. Lola doesn't even bark at them. I don't know if she is afraid, or if she is just used to seeing them.
  • Get well, Oldville.
  • Keep recovering SawneeCat.
  • Quit drinking, FCC. You will die soon if you don't stop drinking.
  • UK Basketball tomorrow.
  • Football Saturday. Florida. Ugh.
  • Thanksgiving Thursday. We feeding 14.
  • Oldville is the only person I know with Covid.
  • Hope the rest of you folks are well.
  • Gotta get this mane cur after while.
  • That's it. As you were.
  • Carry on.

Last edited:
Here's the linky source for the facebook dated NASA report. Todays data sets using drones, combined with satellite imagery and GIS technologies produce accuracies at least 1,000,000 times more accurate than a decade ago. This image is indicative of a productive temperate biotic ecosystem. The scale is really too coarse to determine if it's the corn crop. It is an interesting pitch on economic forecast potential.
Thanks Rooster.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites, Newbies and Lurkers.
  • We have 43º in Cumming this morning. Fingers numb, Lola and Don cold. A little windy. Makes it feel colder than 43. No clouds.
  • 2nd cup of Dark Magic doing its thing for me. Light breakfast devoured quickly.
  • 4 Whitetails sighted already. Lola doesn't even bark at them. I don't know if she is afraid, or if she is just used to seeing them.
  • Get well, Oldville.
  • Keep recovering SauneeCat.
  • Quit drinking, FCC. You will die soon if you don't stop drinking.
  • UK Basketball tomorrow.
  • Football Saturday. Florida. Ugh.
  • Thanksgiving Thursday. We feeding 14.
  • Oldville is the only person I know with Covid.
  • Hope the rest of you folks are well.
  • Gotta get this mane cur after while.
  • That's it. As you were.
  • Carry on.

Don, my wife and I both had it, and recovered without any serious problems. Lost our sense of smell, but it is returning a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT