ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

@berniecarbo: are you the Bernie Carbo that played MLB for the Cards, Reds and Boston? If so, I am honored, we are honored.
Just a baseball fan. Bernie played a little for the Cards and I just chose his name. I was recently reading an article about Bernie that was kind of sad. Bernie got into drugs while in baseball and it took him a long time to get off them. He had the talent to be a good player for a long time, but he blew his chance because the drugs meant more to him than baseball at the time.

Do you remember Bill Lee aka The Spaceman? He and Bernie were big buddies. I know The Spaceman was into pot, don't know if he got into harder stuff like Bernie.

Just a baseball fan. Bernie played a little for the Cards and I just chose his name. I was recently reading an article about Bernie that was kind of sad. Bernie got into drugs while in baseball and it took him a long time to get off them. He had the talent to be a good player for a long time, but he blew his chance because the drugs meant more to him than baseball at the time.

Do you remember Bill Lee aka The Spaceman? He and Bernie were big buddies. I know The Spaceman was into pot, don't know if he got into harder stuff like Bernie.
Yes, I do remember that guy, but by that time I had a QB and two babies to take care of. Working all the time. I worked in Covington for a couple of years and got into the Reds. The stadium was right across the river from my office.

AT&SF%203631.jpg

Do you guys remember Jake Gibbs? He played QB for Ole Miss and was catcher for theYankees. Three of his 1st cousins used to live on the same street as we did in Grenada, Mississippi. We played together until we moved to Paducah.
I remember the name, but not much about him. I worked at what used to be Union Carbide near Paducah for 12 years.

Do you guys remember Jake Gibbs? He played QB for Ole Miss and was catcher for theYankees. Three of his 1st cousins used to live on the same street as we did in Grenada, Mississippi. We played together until we moved to Paducah.
I remember him well but heck, I remember Charlie Conerly another Ole Miss QB that played for a New York pro team, the NY Giants

Good mornind D

I enjoyed the discussion of the baseball oldtimers. I remember them in their prime and baseballl was King.

I like the idea of More Coffee............................................

Time for another cup. Then I am going to hit the pool for a little exercise.
How you doing this morning, Ironman? Wishing the best for you.

How you doing this morning, Ironman? Wishing the best for you.
Thanks Don, I am doing better and getting stronger each day. You can say I am ahead of schedule. When I met with the surgeon for the first time after surgey, a few weeks ago, he told me he did not need to see me for six months. That was great news because if he saw a problem he surely would not have made an appointment that far out.

I appreciate your thoughts and best wishes. This gives encouragement and reassures me I can handle this One step at a time. .

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and windy here in North Austin, Tropical storm Hanna is now Hurricane Hanna. It's nearing the Texas coast around Corpus Christi. Landfall is probable early tomorrow morning. Today's high in ATX should reach triple digits again.

Chores on the agenda for later after breakfast.

Wishing all our fellow D-League members continued happiness and good health.

37752285_2064753913841573_6169284139141824512_o.jpg

Ft. Benning is named after a Confederate General. I wonder what the new name will be.
I attended training twice at Fort Benning. Spent 7 months total there in three different service schools. Benning is an intense, life-changing place for trainees.

Perhaps "Fort Screw Your Traditions and Institutions"?

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and windy here in North Austin, Tropical storm Hanna is now Hurricane Hanna. It's nearing the Texas coast around Corpus Christi. Landfall is probable early tomorrow morning. Today's high in ATX should reach triple digits again.

Chores on the agenda for later after breakfast.

Wishing all our fellow D-League members continued happiness and good health.

37752285_2064753913841573_6169284139141824512_o.jpg
The only part time job I want is one where they let me wear this shirt.

Not sure I'd go for that.

What better way to slap Georgia in the face than name a Fort after a man that burned a 50 mile area from the Tennesse line to the Atlanta Ocean then turned into South Carolina and did the same thing. As the state burned the soldiers looted, killed civilians and raped women. They even drowned slaves in rivers as they tagged along behind the soldiers after their homes were burned. The union army didn't want to feed them, so they allowed them to drown. Livestock were shot and fields of crops were burned. So if you survived the wrath of Sherman you faced starvation.

No I wouldn't go for it either warrior-cat but we are living in a Brave New World where up is down and down is up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT