ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I have to share this one.

52001291_569179033592043_7509878513239851008_n.jpg

I'll never forget the love I've received from the D league! It seemed like a joke but the omni hotel was haunted. Scariest night of my life
Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you last year at the SEC Kickoff picnic.

I really wish we could have enjoyed your company for much longer.

R.I.P. @Lewinsky3 (Cody Dages), who passed away yesterday.

Good morning D, just got in from a good walk, just trying to build up strength. Got 4 inches of rain in my 5 gallon bucket rain gauge!!! I wish both teams could have lost last night but I had to pick the one I hated the most which was puke!!! wonder if we would have gotten the same response if UK had lost our best player? I finally had to turn the sound off just couldn't take it any more!!! Jay Bias should not be allowed to call those games He is getting worse than Dook Vital! Rant over ya'll have a great day!!!! Beautiful day here in the berg 47 and sunny but but that is going to change!!!!! To all those who have lost friends and to those who are sick my prayers are with you!!!

ATX sorry to hear the loss of your friend! I graduated in 1969, we have already lost close to 20 of our class. The older we get the more phone calls we get like did you know _ _ passed away and we have to go to the funeral home.

Good afternoon D-League

Remind me to never buy another NIKE shoe. I had the soles come off one of mine after only using it for two weeks. What happened to Zion last night confirms to me how sorry products are in today's world. Quality is not measured anymore just "coolness"

I was glad to see LSU go down last night and of course Duke too. Duke has problems. This is the team that fell behind to UL by 20 and were down by 20 last night. This tells me no one is playing defense that would be expected in an NCAA championship caliber team. Without Zion they are an also ran. I am surprised because they have 3 other starters who will be in the NBA, two of them are most likely lottery picks. Just goes to show you never can tell.

Spent some time in the pool this morning and I am headed back out once I finish up my sardines and crackers. Pool and air temperature are the same, 85 degrees. The Lord could not give us a nicer day, let us rejoice and be glad in it. My citrus trees and avocados are in full bloom and the aroma is in the air.

Reid Travis come back 100% and let's win number 9.

So sorry to hear this Auxtin, May God rest his soul and comfort those left behind. Several years ago I reached the turning point in life where you attend more funerals than weddings and births. Prayers.

Afternoon D
Back to work...feeling better. About 75%...
Sorry to hear about that Austin, I remember him posting. Sad.

I just thought of this (and I haven't looked at the roster)...if Nick or EJ aren't filling in for Reid as well as Cal hopes, do they have anybody else (big man) on the bench? Might get interesting this Saturday.

ATX sorry to hear the loss of your friend! I graduated in 1969, we have already lost close to 20 of our class. The older we get the more phone calls we get like did you know _ _ passed away and we have to go to the funeral home.
So sorry to hear this Auxtin, May God rest his soul and comfort those left behind. Several years ago I reached the turning point in life where you attend more funerals than weddings and births. Prayers.
Thanks. Yeah, experienced it yesterday.

Army buddy I served with in the desert passed away at 1:35 PM yesterday in Nashville at the VA hospital. He suffered a stroke + heart attack shortly after Vandy/UT game in Nashville on January 23. Second stroke occurred last week. He'll be cremated, so I'm not traveling up that way this weekend. Spoke with his girlfriend this morning and we'll hold a remembrance luncheon in a month or so. I'll travel up there for it.

Then Cody, from Louisville, also died yesterday. Crazy. Kid was only 26. I met him during our SEC kickoff picnic back in August. He attended UL for a while.

Thanks. Yeah, experienced it yesterday.
  1. Army buddy I served with in the desert passed away yesterday.
  2. Then Cody, from Louisville, also died yesterday.
Dad told me 15 years ago that he's lost many more cherished friends and family than he has left. Knowing this comes at the end doesn't make it easier. My condolences for your losses and prayers of peace to those who are suffering with their passing.
5489521972936d864202ecc71af04be3.jpg

Sorry to hear about Cody. That’s too short a time on this vale of tears.

The retirement tour continues. Today is outreach day, so the staff at the satellite clinics got to comment on my upcoming departure. HR is overjoyed because my replacement goes on salary instead of hourly. The last dinosaur (me) is finally heading toward the light...

Sorry to hear that. Glad you got to meet him and put a face with his posts. Seemed like a good guy and wiser than his years would indicate. Give his family all our respects.

Tomorrow marks the 39th anniversary of the Miracle On Ice. I was a sophomore at UK and came home that weekend to watch the game with my Dad. It was on tape delay because Russia refused to play the game in prime time because it would have been 1-4 AM over there. We didn't know the outcome. To this day it's still one of the most thrilling events I've ever seen. Maybe not up there with the 4 UK national championships I've witnessed but pretty damn close. A special moment in history and I had the good fortune to share it with my Dad.

52d61e564a3c3416d740033525542978.jpg

You are the winner WC! Your prize is that you can keep on going to political thread and keep on kicking their ash!! I get a good laugh with you and the other D-Leaguers pounding them!!!! Are you a Trekie?
Big time. Am watching the new series Discovery on CBS streaming.

Just at this moment I am watching Star Trek into Darkness on FX.

Tomorrow marks the 39th anniversary of the Miracle On Ice. I was a sophomore at UK and came home that weekend to watch the game with my Dad. It was on tape delay because Russia refused to play the game in prime time because it would have been 1-4 AM over there. We didn't know the outcome. To this day it's still one of the most thrilling events I've ever seen. Maybe not up there with the 4 UK national championships I've witnessed but pretty damn close. A special moment in history and I had the good fortune to share it with my Dad.

52d61e564a3c3416d740033525542978.jpg

Was the first hockey game I ever watched from start to finish. I get pretty excited over the Olympics and rooting for my country! If that makes me a nationalist then I'm guilty as charged. And damn proud of it.

Was the first hockey game I ever watched from start to finish. I get pretty excited over the Olympics and rooting for my country! If that makes me a nationalist then I'm guilty as charged. And damn proud of it.
It was the first --and the last-- hockey game I ever watched all the way through. I was just out of college living in the DC area and decided to drive up to see the battlefield at Gettysburg with a girlfriend. We'd gotten a motel room and I turned on the game, figuring I'd watch until the U.S. fell behind by a couple goals and ended up watching it all. Crazy. People forget it was the semi-final. The U.S. still had to beat Finland, I think. Didn't watch that one but was stoked when I heard America won.

Last edited:
Was at my parents watching the game and could hardly contain myself. was one of the greatest games I ever watched and the second or third hockey game I ever watched.

Was at my parents watching the game and could hardly contain myself. was one of the greatest games I ever watched and the second or third hockey game I ever watched.
The country desperately needed a shot of adrenaline in 1980 given the disastrous term of Carter, Iran hostage crisis, runaway interest rates, energy crisis, etc.. This team was the perfect fix to get people talking proud again. Fortunately 9 months later Reagan was elected.

Happy Friday D. I hope everyone is powering through the end of the work week.

Interesting day yesterday in the future of college basketball. I actually think we're closer to enormous change than people realize - a day when almost any kid who believes he's got an NBA future skips college and goes into the G League if the NBA isn't an option. Elite kids are increasingly looking at the world like DeMarcus Cousins said yesterday, "College is BS." We'll see.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, Cats need to beat Auburn and Nick and EJ need to rise. I'm a little nervous.

Good morning D-League and TGIF.

Our current temperature is 68°F and the high is forecast at a very pleasant 85°F. Our pool temperature is a mild 81°F and I have it set for 85°F which will make it very comfortable for my early afternoon swim. Meanwhile I am going to catch up on the world and do a little work outside.

I agree with MdWildcat65 college basketball is rapidly changing. Since our sports society is pretty much totally driven by money and me-ism I also think elite high school players will by pass college. The college talent will decrease without the Top 25 or whatever the amount going straight to the NBA or G-League but I think it will still be a very good product. Maybe this will even make it better. The one and done era has decreased many college basketball fans interest so that is one factor that will improve. We will see.

Beating Auburn is the thing we need to focus on today and tomorrow. Step up Nick and EJ, this is your opportunity.

Have a great day and be thankful the Lord gave you another day on earth and your eyes opened with the breaking of the day. We are blessed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT