ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and clear. Today's high may reach 94°F. Turning into hottest October on record.

Cats off this weekend. Plan on watching Rutgers @ Nebraska and Vols at Hogs later today.

Wishing y'all an awesome Saturday..

Famous Orkney ice cream. Actually, very good.

462084976_10232026807353575_2139262294997827022_n.jpg

Let-s-Go-Fishing.gif

Have not been in a couple of weeks as it has still been too hot. However, the itch is just too much so, I will go for a few hours this morning and see what I can do.

Low 60's this morning with a high in the low to mid 90's and sunny skies expected. That will warm it up quickly and only give me a window of a few hours.

Wife came home after work last night and said, "My car needs an oil change". I told her since she and our daughter are going to lunch and then shopping tomorrow just stop by the quick stop and get it done. She said, "You know I want it done at the dealership, but I don't like going there. Isn't it the man's job to do it anyway?" Then she said that she can drive the Sportage (hooptie I usually drive) one-time next week to work and I can take the Rogue (Her car) in for the oil change. She finished by saying, "You've got nothing to do all day anyway". I laughed because, she had me there. Looks like I have another honey-do task piled on to the others I do each week.

Oh well, I am off to battle the Big Mouth in a few minutes, you folks enjoy your day and God Bless.

Good morning folks. Lovely weather in Campbell County yesterday. And lovely so far this morning. Letting dad sleep in as long as he can. He's still not doing well emotionally and psychologically. But between me and a brother and sister we seemed to distract him for a while yesterday, and I hope we can again today.

He still loves watching baseball and there are four(1) playoff games today, so that'll be good.

Hope you all are having a restful Saturday.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and clear. Heat dome expected until at least late next week if not longer. Today's high expected around 95°F.

Heckuva day in college football yesterday. Plenty upsets.

Got hair cut. Meh.

Austin City Limits festival happening this weekend. Crowds too big for me.

Wishing y'all another peaceful Sunday.

national-noodle-day--october-6.png

Reminds me of a Yogi story. Yogi and Joe Garagiola grew up as neighbours in St Louis and played baseball together all the time. Both were Cardinal fans. I forget the amounts, but the Cards offered Joe a couple of hundred bucks more than Yogi. Yogi knew he was better than Joe and he told the Cardinals that he had to have equal money to Joe. The Cards said no, so he signed with the Yankees. The Cardinal powerhouse teams of the forties featured HOF players Stan Musial and Country Slaughter. For a few hundred dollars they failed to add Yogi Berra.

Kind of reminds me of D shift on the 366 SPS in Turkey. We had one guy who mostly worked law enforcement. He had a chart in his locker with all the offenses he could write someone up on and all the ranks. He was trying to fill in all the boxes. Some of us were sitting in the barracks drinking a few beers. Ever once in a while, he would hit his right leg as hard as he could. He said his left leg hurt and he was just trying to even out the pain. His goal was to be a civilian policeman after his discharge.

Played coed softball yesterday and was playing against a team that had the son of a man I played with many years ago. He and I played on the same team for over 10 years together winning a few state titles along the way. I was pitching and he (the son) hit a line drive that was low and right at me. It took me off of my feet, but I got my glove on it and made the catch for the out. As I was getting up, he ran out to me apologizing as he did not mean to hit it at me. I knew he did not mean to and told him I was alright. We won the game anyway so...

Not long after the game, his father came in from the parking lot saying, "Hey old man, are you OK?" I told him "Yes, why do you ask?" He told me that his wife was at the game and called him (he was golfing) and told him his son hit at me and knocked me off of the mound. He said he was there to get on to his son for hitting at me. I told him "No need, I am part of the field and that his son apologized anyway and said he did not try to do it." He said, "Yeah, but he should know better than to hit at you Mac."

We stayed out there after my 2 games were over and watched his son play in their second game which was after mine and just caught up on a lot of stuff. Enjoyed the day.

Sunny and 77.2°F on our way to 88°F. It was 60°F when I got up at 6:00am. It is supposed to get down to 46°F tomorrow. Wow that will be a 42° turnaround.

Brutal football is played in the SEC. Ark takes out the Vols!
Boy what that predicted 42°F was off. It is 55.0°F now and The Weather Channel says it is supposed to top out at 72°F.

Could not go back to sleep after 4:00am this morning. I hate that, But @AustinTXCat @BBUK and @warrior-cat have already beaten me with posts.

Some pictures from yesterday...

462191852_9098055550207944_2242665500177694904_n.jpg

462125157_9098179706862195_5676882639710028510_n.jpg

Place was loaded down for the service. (We have three services plus a Spanish service normally.) They took the dunking okay had two different waves baptized. Seemed to be about twenty people.

The BB almost in the center of the upper pic. He's a good boy. Him and Papa had nearly matching shirts and pants.

Reactions: berniecarbo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT