ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Took my wife out for breakfast to Golden Corral this morning since it is her Birthday (51) today. She took me to IHOP Thursday. Both were equally enjoyable but, as with most B-day celebrations, I always overeat. Feeling it right now. Daughter got wife a new hand mixer since hers went belly up so, she bought a cake for me the other day instead of making one. She could not find a carrot cake (my favorite) so she settled for a strawberry filled vanilla cake that we will eat for her B-day today. However, she has already said that tomorrow, she will make that carrot cake anyway now that she has a new mixer. Will probably eat more of the strawberry cake for dinner since she is making the other one tomorrow. Need to get rid of it. ;)

Doing the couch potato thing watching a lot of Olympic events until I wear off breakfast. I did not realize until it was mentioned by the Olympic announcers that not one American male swimmer has won an individual gold so far and there is only one day of swimming left after today.

Last edited:
Took my wife out for breakfast to Golden Corral this morning since it is her Birthday (51) today. She took me to IHOP Thursday. Both were equally enjoyable but, as with most B-day celebrations, I always overeat. Feeling it right now. Daughter got wife a new hand mixer since hers went belly up so, she bought a cake for me the other day instead of making one. She could not find a carrot cake (my favorite) so she settled for a strawberry filled vanilla cake that we will eat for her B-day today. However, she has already said that tomorrow, she will make that carrot cake anyway now that she has a new mixer. Will probably eat more of the strawberry cake for dinner since she is making the other one tomorrow. Need to get rid of it. ;)

Doing the couch potato thing watching a lot of Olympic events until I wear off breakfast. I did not realize until it was mentioned by the Olympic announcers that not one American male swimmer has won an individual gold so far and there is only one day of swimming left after today.
Warrior: Yeah the Men's Olympic swim team suffered a complete collapse at these games. The proud days stretching from John Weissmuller to Don Schollander to John Naber to Mark Spitz to Matt Biondi to of course Michael Phelps are at least temporarily in the past. This appears likely to be the first time since 1900 no American man has won an individual gold. Incredible.

Insult to injury: Michael Phelps' American coach Bowman decided to train the French swimmer Marchand -- who is a fulltime student at Arizona State University, by the way -- and he's become the big male swimming star of the games. Yeah, it pisses me off. Selling out to the French...

Last edited:
Warrior: Yeah the Men's Olympic swim team suffered a complete collapse at these games. The proud days stretching from John Weissmuller to Don Schollander to John Naber to Mark Spitz to Matt Biondi to of course Michael Phelps are at least temporarily in the past. This appears likely to be the first time since 1900 no American man has won an individual gold. Incredible.

Insult to injury: Michael Phelps' American coach Bowman decided to train the French swimmer Marchand -- who is a fulltime student at Arizona State University, by the way -- and he's become the big male swimming star of the games. Yeah, it pisses me off. Selling out to the French...

Yeah, Yell's like Tarzan, swims like Jane? I am not much of a swimmer but I always liked watching it. Even enjoyed Michael Phelps run... Where'd they go?

Heck I even remember Bruce Jenner way back then (Sure admired him..) (Not it now...)... sigh... Whatever it is now, is he punching women now? I think it's in it's 70's?

What in the heck has happened that a darned man could EVER get in a ring and punch a woman.... Knowingly and act like it's proper... Like to see it in there with Tommy Hearns or Sugar Ray even at their age now... That, I would pay to see...

Nuff said and only one Yuengling tempered with coffee so...

Enjoy your afternoon...

Wussification of American men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT