ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from Reykjavik Iceland. Currently 55°F and light rain.

Plan on leaving for bus station in a few hours. May drop by Sbarro's for some quick eats.

Wishing y'all a fine Saturday.

Fermented shark & Brennivín shot. Brennivín: "Distilled from fermented grain mash and then combined with Iceland's very soft, high-pH water, and flavored only with caraway. A clear, savory, herbal spirit, the taste is often described as having notes of fresh rye bread". Not bad.

450872943_10231134215119327_159121736478147045_n.jpg

Good morning from Reykjavik Iceland. Currently 55°F and light rain.

Plan on leaving for bus station in a few hours. May drop by Sbarro's for some quick eats.

Wishing y'all a fine Saturday.

Fermented shark & Brennivín shot. Brennivín: "Distilled from fermented grain mash and then combined with Iceland's very soft, high-pH water, and flavored only with caraway. A clear, savory, herbal spirit, the taste is often described as having notes of fresh rye bread". Not bad.

450872943_10231134215119327_159121736478147045_n.jpg

Sounds like Home Brew....

Enjoy....

Good morning all,

Went to bed early up late. (Seriously needed that.) Going to make a pan of biscuits and fry some eggs. May throw a couple pieces of meat in the pan too, washed down with coffee.... I am thankful.

My Darling, the BB and I hit our pool together yesterday. We had it all alone. Had a fine time....

Working on my garage again today. Enjoy your days...

Good morning folks. Enjoying the chaos of young grandkids —as long as it’s for a limited time. Nothing will prove an aging man’s limitations like trying to keep up with a 3-year/old boy.

We’re off to a b-day party. Have a great day folks.

Be thankful MdW...

They are truly a blessing and the true love of a child is Christ-like.... The BB and LBBB are close regularly. My other four now FaceTime regularly... It DO take up a lot of time though.....-Weeeellll.....-R. Cogburn...

Good morning from Boston Logan Airport. Returned from Iceland last night. Here at Southwest Airlines gate preparing to fly out.

Wishing y'all a great day.

450916046_10231126885256085_4782582936205872133_n.jpg
More safe travels Austin. I have really enjoyed the photos you shared. Maybe there are more.

Bad about the President. The left win media's hate that has been spewed out the last 8 years is starting to catch up. There are many folks that can't filter out the evil from rhetoric. The perp was a 20 year old! Geeze.

Good morning from the KC airport. A whirlwind visit to see the grandkids and Daughter/SIL. We squeezed in a lot. Along with b-day parties and soccer games, went to the Harry Truman library, a cool, eccentric museum built around the excavation of a nearly intact steamboat that sank near here in 1856, the Arabia, a visit to the Union Station train exhibitions and a quick return visit to the WW1 museum, which is amazing for those who have an interest in military history. Really elite.

Hoping for a hassle free trip back to DC Reagan.

Good morning from the KC airport. A whirlwind visit to see the grandkids and Daughter/SIL. We squeezed in a lot. Along with b-day parties and soccer games, went to the Harry Truman library, a cool, eccentric museum built around the excavation of a nearly intact steamboat that sank near here in 1856, the Arabia, a visit to the Union Station train exhibitions and a quick return visit to the WW1 museum, which is amazing for those who have an interest in military history. Really elite.

Hoping for a hassle free trip back to DC Reagan.

Make sure it "ain't" Dallas uh, Dulles... 😁

Last edited:
Good afternoon all,

Have to hit it hard tomorrow but relaxing a bit the last couple days though I have hit my garage hard, ridding us of junk for space. Still much to do... I guess the kids are coming over to eat though so i won't do much today. (Do have to haul some dirt later for My Darling.) She is kicking the kids out early after they eat to do just that... ;)

The BB is behind me playing in our office. he's a good boy even though he jacked my jaw a few days ago... ;) (Just a dab of a scab left.)

My Darling is cooking what I call "Cow Rice" It is a Cantonese type sauce with a turmeric type spice. (With beef, potato's, carrots, onion's, in the sauce, served over rice.)

Have a peaceful and enjoyable afternoon...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 97°F.

Off today, but full plate. Taking a walk sometime after 6 am. Must wash truck, fill tires with air and run through state inspection. Plan on shopping later for Buc-ee's fudge out in Bastrop and maybe Aldi.

Yes' I've got a bunch more pictures. Will post a few later.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing y'all an awesome day.

Icelandic plate Baldur​

Two rye bread slices, one with mashed fish & the other with egg & herring. Loki's unique Rye bread ice cream. Delicious.

Held off on sheep-head jelly.

450555848_10231134214519312_5198197587638747081_n.jpg

Good morning folks. Enjoying the chaos of young grandkids —as long as it’s for a limited time. Nothing will prove an aging man’s limitations like trying to keep up with a 3-year/old boy.

We’re off to a b-day party. Have a great day folks.
Even at my age I never pass an opportunity to play with the grand kids......I can't get down and wrestle with the younger ones like I did the first few boys......hell, they are bigger than me and will only be 12 this fall.....

Even at my age I never pass an opportunity to play with the grand kids......I can't get down and wrestle with the younger ones like I did the first few boys......hell, they are bigger than me and will only be 12 this fall.....
Awf, I couldn't even keep up with the 3-year-old. Yes, I could overpower him, but his motor never quits and eventually I had to wave the white flag. That was true even when it came to things like playing Super Mario Road Rally. He was okay losing 15 straight times -- "Let's play again papaw." I finally let him win, which is sort of against my parenting philosophy, so we could quit. And a win by not giving up and outlasting your opponent is legitimate and a valid life lesson I suppose.

Back to work. Always an adjustment. Have a great day folks.

Sir, My five year old and four year old were tag-teaming me yesterday. They almost got me but I cheated... ;)

Awf, I couldn't even keep up with the 3-year-old. Yes, I could overpower him, but his motor never quits and eventually I had to wave the white flag. That was true even when it came to things like playing Super Mario Road Rally. He was okay losing 15 straight times -- "Let's play again papaw." I finally let him win, which is sort of against my parenting philosophy, so we could quit. And a win by not giving up and outlasting your opponent is legitimate and a valid life lesson I suppose.

Back to work. Always an adjustment. Have a great day folks.
Bob Gibson said he NEVER let his kids win. He HAD TO win. The last MLB homer he gave up was to some so so player whose name I can't recall. He never faced him again till an old timers game years later. First pitch, he nails him with a fast ball.

Good morning folks. A humid one today in the east.

Still catching up with the work that piled up after taking a couple of days off to see the grandkids.

Not much else doing the next couple days. Hope all is going well for you all.

Reactions: storm1507
Good morning everyone

I'm still kicking. I made another trip to the lake for 4 days with BIL's this time. We caught several KY Bass and I finally caught another walleye (21") trolling. My wife liked kicking back and just trolling around to fish during our last trip down so I'm trying to learn a bit more.

I've seen a few bears around here since the last time I mentioned them. We have plenty of hummingbirds and a rabbit hopping down our sidewalk as I type. Sipping on hot coffee on the back patio while it's a cool 72 degrees lol is pretty nice.

Less than 4 months to go til BB season. I'm once again eager for it to get started. Hopefully our FB season will be a big distraction during the wait.

I hope everyone has a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT