ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Takes after her Mom...

35682300_10113505936416971_451482972130902016_n.jpg

15492428_1487945804552328_6974708885904919768_n.jpg

God-given Lucky...

Only people that know me believe me when I state I am the black sheep of my family...
Thank goodness she took after her mom! :)

@Bert Higginbotha I recommend this book if you haven't already read it. It was wrote in 1868 I believe. And goes into detail about a lot of the orphans. I found write ups of my grandfather and your grandfather, Seth Elmore.

There's also an account of a federal officer riding to a part of the federal line that took heavy losses. After the bloody battle of Shiloh.

''The barren county boys fought us at this part of the line''.

Here's a link to the book to read online for free:

Thanks. Now I have more to read. Seth Bradshaw as of last year has a large picture in the Edmonson County Courthouse. Because of the stupid stuff going on now in popular culture they may be going after him and his kind.

Seth Bradshaw Elmore, my great grandfather:

9b93057c-fd91-407a-b304-3ae5ff68f7db.jpg

7189147_129186590678.jpg

Thanks. Now I have more to read. Seth Bradshaw as of last year has a large picture in the Edmonson County Courthouse. Because of the stupid stuff going on now in popular culture they may be going after him and his kind.

Seth Bradshaw Elmore, my great grandfather:

9b93057c-fd91-407a-b304-3ae5ff68f7db.jpg

7189147_129186590678.jpg
One thing that stood out to me. Was the sheer amount of men from Barren county in the roster list. That's not even counting the 200 men that served in the 2ndKY cavalry (Morgans) from Barren county.

Good morning D, I hope all had a great Father's Day! What a weekend, went to the dedication of the Everly Brother's and John Prime Music Plaza Friday, had to leave before it was over 95 degrees, then at 4 we helped with the concert that evening, it wasn't over to close to ten. Saturday our grandson was in a play at 12, we went to this one so we could watch the game, watched the game, go Cats, then that evening we went to the Exile concert. What a great concert!! They have been performing for 61 years. We couldn't have ask for a better night, outside in the street in Greenville, KY with a cool breeze blowing! They sang for 2 hours and 45minutes If you ever get a chance go see them!!! Getting ready to head out to Hope2All , we will be handing out over 200 food boxes today! Have a great day D leagures!!!

I think that you new job it starting to get to you! :)

It really is Sir... ;) They haven't learned to trust me................Yet...... I've had several people that have worked with me for nearing 20 years in different agencies tell me this job is made for me. (It is.. I just have a few that will hopefully realize that hopefully sooner rather than later in my leadership chain.) I am touching things my leadership does not even realize I have already touched...

Just have to be patient. (Me)..

Good morning everyone

I may be the only poster here who doesn't have kids ???? so I hope all of you had a great Father's Day.

I'm finishing up a normal time here around home and getting ready to head back down to the lake. Dad is in Pigeon Forge so it's me and my wife this time. We'll fish some, work some, relax some but mostly just try to stay cool in all this heat. She likes it hot but 90 is above what she likes by a little bit. I despise the heat.

Go Big Blue! I doubt I get to watch tonight but hope to keep updated.

Have a great day.

Gibby was one of a kind, even in those days. It is said that if you had the third base dugout and made an out, you DID NOT take a short cut near the pitcher's mound to return to the dugout. The pitcher's mound was his and there would be repercussions if you invaded his territory. He also said half the plate was his. You could have either half you wanted, but the other half belonged to him.

Btw, I missed most of that season going through basic training and police school.

Last edited:
Spent a great Sunday with GD visiting Omaha Zoo. Every animal we saw she said was “so cute”. Me, not so many. 4+ hours in sunny 90+ weather. Brutal on this old man. Good number of indoor exhibitions that saved me. Very nice zoo.
I visited aunt/cousin up there in 2017. Love Omaha. Have fun and enjoy.

18077091_10211944812476254_1529659333232784183_o.jpg

18033994_10211937653577286_9016588296830721330_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 95°F. Great chance for rain tomorrow.

Tough outing for our Cats yesterday. Ugh. Aggies were brutal. Cats face Gators today in elimination game.

Heading out for a hike around 6:15 am. Great day to be alive. Wishing y'all a good one.

international-sushi-day--june-18.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 95°F. Great chance for rain tomorrow.

Tough outing for our Cats yesterday. Ugh. Aggies were brutal. Cats face Gators today in elimination game.

Heading out for a hike around 6:15 am. Great day to be alive. Wishing y'all a good one.

international-sushi-day--june-18.jpg
Tough road ahead for the Cats. 3 straight wins to advance seems like a tall order. Not impossible though. Gotta get past the Gators first.

Last edited:
@Bert Higginbotha

Cuz sent me this. He's lived over 20 years on Nolin Lake and never heard of these critters making new friends.

448658953_10230960250930331_5493447778360834733_n.jpg
They are definitely moving in. Last year there was sightings between Smiths Grove and Oakland.

Of all the wild game that I have eaten black bear is the best.

I just noticed that you have been a member of Cats Illustrated two days longer than me!

Man the hits keep coming....

BUT,

My Darling and I plan to try again tomorrow (If the Lord doesn't take me home..) Hitting the Naval Recreation Center on the Chesapeake Bay... We shall see, bought some shrimp this time. Normally use squid or cut bait.

Either way me and My Darling will hit the pier and see what we can come up with... I am thankful.... Happy teenth, June teenth, Happy Day off.... Git-R-Done... My oldest bought me a twelve pack of Yuengling Lager "cans" for fathers day. (Not me but "they's" free. (I like bottled beer but I can drink it...))

Rest In Peace Willie Mays...

Say Hey.... I have MANY baseball heroes that are still alive and gone.

Willie Mays always ranked at the top. Charlie Hustle, Al Kaline, Johnny Bench, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, John Smoltz, John Hiller, Mickey Lolich (Hey, I was a Tigers fan..), Denny McClain, Frank Howard, Harmon Killebrew, Luis Tiant, Lou Brock, Jim Kaat, Brooks Robinson, Joe Niekro, Reggie Jackson, Thurman Munson, Luis Aparicio, Mickey Stanley, Catfish Hunter, Ted Williams,....

I named them off the top of my head... Each one did something special with the game I loved... Willie Mays did many things special. When I was fielding and a lot of when I was hitting, I tried emulating his game...

I think when they expanded the league and me seeing the watered down game is when I lost the reverence I had for the game... I don't know... I think 1998 was the last for me.. Players could not play the game the way I remember it being played... Just too many to be great... Nuff said...

I cannot tell you the last MLB game I watched. When the Tigers last won the world series 1984? I vividly remember the 1968 Series title.

As deeply as I played and loved the game, Willie's passing hurt.

God Bless his family.. I think 93. I hope those were 93 good years for him.....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and partly cloudy. Remnants of tropical storm incoming. Could receive several inches rain beginning late morning. We sure need it, but hopefully no flooding downtown.

CWS rained out yesterday. Cats play Gators at 11 am EST. Go Big Blue!

Happy Hump Day, y'all! Today is also Juneteenth. I'm working and banking the day for my Iceland trip.

Good morning folks. Hit the parking lot of the Metro today and it was damn near empty. I was afraid I’d missed the memo it was shutting down for repairs —but just people off for Juneteenth.

Rest in peace Willie Mays. So happy I got to see him when he was still near his prime —first time in 62 then the rest of his career. He was probably at his greatest in the 1950s, but had his best statistical year in 1965 and won the mvp. He certainly is in the conversation for GOAT.

I met him in 2000. I’d traveled on AF-1 to San Francisco with Bill Clinton’s WH crew and with other reporters were setting up to cover a speech when a guy just wandered in to our filing center and started helping himself to the buffet that the White House Correspondents team had arranged for us. It was Willie Mays. Clinton had invited him to be on the stage and be introduced during his speech and somehow he’d slipped from the handlers and found the free food. I shook his hand and we chatted a few minutes. Wiiidest hands I think I ever saw. Not biggest but very wide. He was polite enough but made it clear he wanted to be left to eat. Of course no one ever told Willie Mays he couldn’t grab a free meal.

Hot as hell here. Stay cool folks.

A little Willie Mays nostalgia from the collection I managed to keep intact since the early 1960s -- with some older cards from an uncle who got bored with them and passed along his late 1950s stuff...
At one point, Mays, Mantle and Snider were the CF for the 3 New York teams. As odd as it seems, there was a period of 5 years or so that for one reason or another (ie Mays in the Army for a year, etc) that Duke Snider had the most impressive stats of the three.

At one point, Mays, Mantle and Snider were the CF for the 3 New York teams. As odd as it seems, there was a period of 5 years or so that for one reason or another (ie Mays in the Army for a year, etc) that Duke Snider had the most impressive stats of the three.
Yeah, the Duke gets lost in a lot of the 1950s baseball nostalgia...My father-in-law, great guy, RIP, was an Irish kid who grew up in Flatbush...He had a framed back page of the NY Daily News that showed him and an older brother sneaking over a fence to get into Ebbetts Field back in the 1940s. Some newspaper photog happened to see them and thought it made an amusing photo, then he yelled at them and they were ballsy enough to give him their names: Tom and Jake Dowling... "America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT