ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 34° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a partial clearing and a high of 43°.

Have a great day.

Belgium-interesting-facts.jpg.webp
If you see Grand-Place, you've seen Brussels. But really cool.

Good Saturday Morning

57° and scattered clouds as it heads up to 67° by the middle of the day. We have a 93% chance of a light rain by 2:00 pm. The wind is ENE at 9 mph. Not a bad day for watching the ball game and doing some straightening in my office.

I trust all are well and we are keeping Austin in our prayers as he has his blood tests this morning.

iu
That would make an absolutely beautiful stained glass piece!!!!!

Cal had a 7 point lead. Cal put in the subs. We go into the half losing.

Oscar 0 points and 3 rebounds.

It is all on Cal.

GEEZE.

I guess Wheeler had to close it out for them. (Not downing Wheeler but there is a time, place, and season for his skills.) During the closeout of anything is not the time for Wheeler..

My Caveat; I have not yet seen who was playing but his play at crunch time has cost UK a lot and that is not on Wheeler. That is on Cal...

Kentucky got screwed. But you must remember that I am an old 76 year old man that has not missed a UK game since December 1964. I am biased as hell.

A&M did not miss a free throw. 16 of 16. UK hit 11 of 17. Some of those came at the end of the game when it really did not count. Kentucky was going up against Doug Shows (SEC ref that gets 20% of our games even though it is well known that he hates anything to do with UK) today so that makes it problematic. Doug is a UGA crook. He still lives in Athens, GA.

A&M's number 34, Marble, is a total thug, yet he gets to play most of the game and Cal benched our number 34 for several minutes. Oscar was chopped often and nothing was called, he got 3 free throws. On the other side A&M's 34 got 4 free throws.

This game did not need to be close, but Cal makes some really bad decisions on emptying the bench at the most inopportune times. ..... ......... ............... WHY?

Very nice win for Cats, and a promising one.

Think about it -Oscar misses big minutes against a hot team that was undefeated in the conference, and ends up scoring six points.

Plus - Fredrick and Wallace, both career 40 percent or better shooters from 3 go a combined 3-17, missing some wide open shots.

And TA&M scored five more free throws than Kentucky at Rupp.

If you’d told me those things would happen I’d have given the Cats no chance. But they toughed out a critical SEC win.

Last edited:

Think about it -Oscar misses big minutes against a hot team that was undefeated in the conference, and ends up scoring six points.

Plus - Fredrick and Wallace, both career 40 percent or better shooters from 3 go a combined 3-17, missing some wide open shots.

If you’d told me those things would happen I’d have given the Cats no chance. But they toughed out a critical SEC win.
If I had told you that these things would happen and they did, I would change my gender identity and name to Claire Voyant and make me some money.

I have no problems with the game today other than they missed a lot of wide open 3s and some gimmes at the rim. Speaking of 3s, Livingston 2 for 2. All in all a positive win. With Kansas looming BUT, they got their butts kicked today at home. Weird, weird season.

Been out and about today. Me and the BB got our ears lowered a little while ago. He got showered and so did I. We are chilling. He is about out and I am leaving My Darling.................ALONE! (She deserves it.)

Rest well this evening D-Leaguers... God Bless you all...

Kentucky got screwed. But you must remember that I am an old 76 year old man that has not missed a UK game since December 1964. I am biased as hell.

A&M did not miss a free throw. 16 of 16. UK hit 11 of 17. Some of those came at the end of the game when it really did not count. Kentucky was going up against Doug Shows (SEC ref that gets 20% of our games even though it is well known that he hates anything to do with UK) today so that makes it problematic. Doug is a UGA crook. He still lives in Athens, GA.

A&M's number 34, Marble, is a total thug, yet he gets to play most of the game and Cal benched our number 34 for several minutes. Oscar was chopped often and nothing was called, he got 3 free throws. On the other side A&M's 34 got 4 free throws.

This game did not need to be close, but Cal makes some really bad decisions on emptying the bench at the most inopportune times. ..... ......... ............... WHY?
A win in a game that Shows refs is indeed a good win. Seems like we always lose when he refs.

Worried that Frederick is not hitting wide open 3's consistently.
Need him.

Good morning from ATX. Currently45°F and clear with a light wind out of NW. Today's high expected around 63°F.

Loved Cats win over TAMU yesterday. My wife may have been happier than I about it. Lifelong Longhorns still despise those Aggies. Heh.

Kansas Jayhawks pooped the bed hard yesterday. Yikes!

Go Bengals! Go Cowboys!

Blasting off in about 45 minutes for a walk. Work on something else after a few miles hiked.

Keep up the good fight, gents. Wishing y'all a great day.

happy_national_hot_sauce_day__by_uranimated18_deyld3u-fullview.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

33° this morning with a high of mid 50's expected.

MIL's team (Giants) last night, so now she is a Buffalo fan and also rooting for the Eagles. She grew up a Cowboys fan but, after getting married and moving to New York she changed allegiances (flavor of the month club). Will probably change back to the Cowboys if they make it to the Super Bowl. Thankfully, she will not be here for the game today.

Here's to hoping the Bengals can get to the next week and God Bless.

Cincinnati-Bengals-Logo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Woke up to heavily snowing here in NKy - unexpected. Apparently started about 7a. 2"+ now & coming down strong. Could have more than in Buffalo. Expected to turn to sleet/rain in afternoon, 30 degrees now, so who knows how much we'll have by then.

20 minutes later: Huge flakes & 32 degrees. May not be long to a changeover now. But 3"+ now.

Last edited:
Woke up to heavily snowing here in NKy - unexpected. Apparently started about 7a. 2"+ now & coming down strong. Could have more than in Buffalo. Expected to turn to sleet/rain in afternoon, 30 degrees now, so who knows how much we'll have by then.

20 minutes later: Huge flakes & 32 degrees. May not be long to a changeover now. But 3"+ now.
72° here with some nice warm sunshine as we march to 78° this afternoon. That is the way it should be on a Sunday down South.

My grandson goes to X University in Cincinnati and he is traveling back from Mississippi State University today. Hope the roads are clear.

Yeah it was a bit of a shock. It just stopped here. Huge flakes. Probably 1 1/2 inches total. It'll probably melt quickly (40 degree high) and make some nasty slush.

3.5-4" now & still coming. Officially 32 degrees. Dang! Radar rain line is about 15 miles south but doesn't show moving up anytime soon. Looks like I need to find another bottle of wine for next door neighbor with a snow job. Good neighbor.

11:30a: 4.5" & coming. Neighbor's golden ran up to me while measuring. She's loving it.

Noon: Just about stopped. Looks like it precip line will move east shortly w/o ever turning to rain.

Last edited:
My wife made chicken and dumplings for supper, just like grandma did and once supper meal is over we are going to watch our "Friday Night At The Movies"

We have been watching Winds of War and just finished that series. We start War In Remembrance tonight. I think this was a masterpiece from Herman Wouk.

51CjH8dtN4L._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg

The cast changes a little in the Second Series which is a continuation of the first. Ali McGraw is replaced by Jane Seymour. But Robert Mitchum remains.

I have seen it several times over the years but it never gets old to me.

51tAsZnuIHL._AC_UY327_QL65_.jpg

Jane Seymour... how did I ever forget about her? There was a beautiful girl at my undergrad who could've been her daughter. She was so much like her if not prettier. My friend had a grad level class with her. Nicest girl too.

I think of her every time I see Jane on the screen.

Good morning D-League.

Well, the Cats did their job yesterday, now it’s up to the Bengals. I’ll be surprised if it isn’t a one—score game late.

Heading out for brunch with my wife. You all have a good day.

I will be surprised if the Bengals don't put 14-21 more between them. Not a fan of either. Just think the match-up should favor the striped cats. The Cincy OL may leave me surprised, though. God only knows at this point

I thought we won. No?
You can get screwed and win.

Re-watch the game. Explain how Oscar got a T when Marble was holding his right arm with both hands? Yet the T was on Oscar because he reacted to being held. Shows is a crook.

Jimmy Dykes is a loser who got fired from UK during the Eddie bumbfuzzle and why does he call all of the ESPN UK games?

Last edited:
Jane Seymour... how did I ever forget about her? There was a beautiful girl at my undergrad who could've been her daughter. She was so much like her if not prettier. My friend had a grad level class with her. Nicest girl too.

I think of her every time I see Jane on the screen.
She played a great role in this series. We are going to watch Episode 7 in a few minutes of War and Remembrance. The Nazi's have her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT