ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I have a big pot of Spanish Bean Soup (garbonzo) simmering. I will press some buttered Cuban bread and enjoy. This is an old family recipe that is easy and never fails.

I am ready for some football. That Tennessee - Alabama game should be fun to watch. Don't be shocked if UT comes away with a win.

ebb263b6fd2ce7f8b5310f1c08ad3fc2.jpg
I don't think that I have ever had it. You must come to Smiths Grove and fix it for me and Sherry. You can bring you wife also!

I have the weird feeling...I don't think we can beat Tennessee if don't win today...the Ole Miss loss is on everyone, the coaches f-cked that up, Levis hurt us with fumbles...the kicking game cost us points...that was a close game we will all be sick about for a while...South Carolina is different, backup QB starting his first game, the first play of the game was one of the stupidest plays I ever saw but the coaches get a pass on that one...but THIS is the game...win this.. team gets confidence and we can get back on track...9 or 10 wins is possible, lose today...7-5 at best...at best.
I am a very simple person and know little about football. However:

I think that UK's biggest problem is the offensive coordinator (I actually believe I could do better), bad offensive line (young) and we play too much zone defense.

Defensively UK gives up plays to the outside of the line constantly. Our opponents are given 10 first downs on the same damned plays over and over again. Every once in a while if you are going after the quarterback you must go man to man on defense. UK never does. We give them open men without a UK man in the area.

I think that UK's biggest problem is the offensive coordinator (I actually believe I could do better), bad offensive line (young) and we play too much zone defense.

Defensively UK gives up plays to the outside of the line constantly. Our opponents are given 10 first downs on the same damned plays over and over again. Every once in a while if you are going after the quarterback you must go man to man on defense. UK never does. We give them open men without a UK man in the area.

Sir,
Your simplicity in this area exudes an in depth understanding well past my knowledge of the game. All I ever did was enjoy watching a good team work together. (No intricacy on my part involved just a good field of vision. (Hoping for enjoyment.))

Bert, the offense frustrates me also. They run what I call a slow motion offense and never seem to want to speed it up. Even when down two touchdowns and time is slipping away. They will run the clock down and then run a play that fools no one. I don't know if that is what Stoops wants or not but it is frustrating. If you want to watch an offense watch the Vols today. They can score quick and in bunches. I hate to type that and maybe today is their day to lose. I pray it is.

I have the weird feeling...I don't think we can beat Tennessee if don't win today...the Ole Miss loss is on everyone, the coaches f-cked that up, Levis hurt us with fumbles...the kicking game cost us points...that was a close game we will all be sick about for a while...South Carolina is different, backup QB starting his first game, the first play of the game was one of the stupidest plays I ever saw but the coaches get a pass on that one...but THIS is the game...win this.. team gets confidence and we can get back on track...9 or 10 wins is possible, lose today...7-5 at best...at best.
This team desperately needs a win tonight. If they lose then it's 2007 all over again.

For the shell fish lovers on the board. Years ago I had to work in Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard after a hurricane (Bob) came through. I ate plenty of lobster on that trip because you could get two large ones for less than $10 at any pub.

When I was returning home I picked up a couple at Legal Seafood in the Boston Airport and had them packed to fly back. I asked my wife to boil them for supper and she did but she had a struggle. The dang things kept trying to crawl out of the pot and being tender hearted she started to cry thinking she was torturing them. LOL. When they were ready to eat she wouldn't eat hers because she had to watch them die. Since I am a cold blooded killer I ate both of them. LOL

311986902_5609924199060610_762766163752264734_n.jpg

For the shell fish lovers on the board. Years ago I had to work in Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard after a hurricane (Bob) came through. I ate plenty of lobster on that trip because you could get two large ones for less than $10 at any pub.

When I was returning home I picked up a couple at Legal Seafood in the Boston Airport and had them packed to fly back. I asked my wife to boil them for supper and she did but she had a struggle. The dang things kept trying to crawl out of the pot and being tender hearted she started to cry thinking she was torturing them. LOL. When they were ready to eat she wouldn't eat hers because she had to watch them die. Since I am a cold blooded killer I ate both of them. LOL

311986902_5609924199060610_762766163752264734_n.jpg
I understand your wife's viewpoint. I've seen enough violence that I no longer hunt or fish. I guess I'm a wimp though, because I love a good cheeseburger. Like Groucho Marx, I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are.

Man,

I never watched much TV at all for a whole lot of years. I never took the time. I have been receiving short clips of this series. (Always liked Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball and a couple others...) This was a seriously good series...

This one will jerk a tear... (This is an 11:52 clip...)(Many of these clips I have watched now. I am kind of hooked...)

I lived in Boston for six months back in the late 1980s and enjoyed the lobster. But I think the best lobster are those small lobsters they harvest down in the keys in Florida.

By the way —Tennessee off to a fast start against Bama. I hate the Vols but have a feeling this could be their day.

I lived in Boston for six months back in the late 1980s and enjoyed the lobster. But I think the best lobster are those small lobsters they harvest down in the keys in Florida.

By the way —Tennessee off to a fast start against Bama. I hate the Vols but have a feeling this could be their day.
That Tennessee offense is lights out. They come at you quick and hard. Bama will be fortunate to hang in this game. I really envy the Vols explosive metal to the pedal offense.

I dispise the Vols but mercy they make it look easy

When I was in Korea I ate so much sea food I was told my uric acid level stayed high as I had regular blood tests due to my hemochromatosis. The doctor kept asking me if my big toe hurt and it never did but I cut my intake of seafood when we got back to the states and the uric acid levels are back where they belong. I guess my tests stated having gout but I never had the symptoms other than the high uric acid levels.

Of course I still have my "see" food deficiencies....

The refs so far on Tennessee's side. My God the first 7 fouls were against the Tide.

Wow............. A Blast from the past for sure...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT