ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Saturday Morning

Game Day and I feel good. This is another important one and a win would be another huge step forward.

We have a very pleasant 59° with clear skies and winds at 2mph. Today will be sunny with a high expected to reach 78° and low humidity. Perfect weather if you like the outdoors. Hurricane Ian is gone from our shores now and the work continues to clean up the mess left behind. Several communities have been changed forever. I received word one of my friends and former neighbors lost two boats. One very large one that he had tied up on the pier at his house and another one he used to fish but it was only 26'. His large boat was similar to the ones stacked up in the picture below. His house got hammered too. Continue to keep those who lost so much in your thoughts and prayers.

Time for another cup of coffee.

th

Good morning all,

Scammers never sleep. Be vigilant...(More to follow.)

Go CATS!!!
This is good advice for anyone who has damage from the storm. Scammers will be swarming down here like flies on whatever. Yesterday afternoon I started receiving recorded messages from Public Adjusters who are at the top of the list with attorneys for leaches following a storm. I have been blocking their calls since. They are calling and I didn't get any damage. Nothing.

Anyone who signs up with these leeches best beware. You are a money maker for them and nothing else. Have enough sense to read and understand your insurance policy and deal with them direct. If you feel something is not right and are getting screwed that is why states have insurance commissioners. Contact them. Consumer.Services@myfloridacfo.com

Another scam will be from roofers. Watch out who you hire. You will be reading horror stories in the days and weeks to come as repairs get started. Pick wisely. Most of us who have been here a long time understand but we have so many new residents they are easy picking for scammers. And scammers know that.

Last edited:
This is my favorite topping for Bratwurst.

f73bef23-e7be-449e-9153-27702b5b48e7.ffe4bba69920d4234f4cf198951a5394.jpeg
Have not yet tried that brand. My fave krauts are Hengstenberg and Kühne. Add some Thomy mustard on your brats. Heaven.

I spent a total of 11.5 years in Germany minus deployments. Married to a German for a few years. While we ate brats and kraut at home quite often, I never saw an Imbiss (snack-bar/snack stand) offer sauerkraut with bratwurst. Most brats purchased on the street or train station over there are served with mustard and a bread roll.

41PCwrKGwNL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

10_d1b064ca-ed14-4ad1-8d2b-d930d4751a61_2.png

Have not yet tried that brand. My fave krauts are Hengstenberg and Kühne. Add some Thomy mustard on your brats. Heaven.

I spent a total of 11.5 years in Germany minus deployments. Married to a German for a few years. While we ate brats and kraut at home quite often, I never saw an Imbiss (snack-bar/snack stand) offer sauerkraut with bratwurst. Most brats purchased on the street or train station over there are served with mustard and a bread roll.

41PCwrKGwNL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

10_d1b064ca-ed14-4ad1-8d2b-d930d4751a61_2.png

Bratwurst and pomfritz (excuse the spelling) just a heavenly German street cart experience...

Good morning D-League. Hoping for a great day for the Cats.

Back from my Saturday hike - 20,000 steps so far today.

I got in a mood as I walked along to listen to music from my late teens that I associate with moving from one town to another following pipeline jobs -- places like Cisco, Utah and Sterling, Colorado and Wibaux, Montana, and Tonsina, Alaska.

This old Ian Tyson song was a favorite. I remember hearing him describe on a talk show how he wrote it in 20 minutes in a basement club in Greewich Village, thinking about his girlfriend back in British Columbia. I think Bobby Bare had the first popular version. But as I get older this Johnny Cash version done very late in his life really moves me. "All these things that won't change, come what may..." Love that line.

Last edited:
I don't know if I trust my guide on my cable, but they show UK vs Ole Miss on ESPN and the SEC Network. Have any of you seen this?

If so the SEC Network may not stray off to the Yankees.
My problem is any game dealing with ESPN is not going to be shown on Dish. Should be good to go if you have another cable service.

Good morning D-League.

I got in a mood as I walked along to listen to music from my late teens that I associate with moving from one town to another following pipeline jobs -- places like Cisco, Utah and Sterling, Colorado and Wibaux, Montana, and Tonsina, Alaska.

This old Ian Tyson song was a favorite. I remember hearing him describing on a talk show writing it in 20 minutes in a basement club in Greewich Village, thinking about his girlfriend back in British Columbia. I think Bobby Bare had the first popular version. But as I get older this Johnny Cash version done very late in his life really moves me.

I really got into Johnny Cash's music in my 20s...I remember a musician saying if Cash covers your song it's not your song anymore, it becomes a Cash song. Nine Inch Nails did the song 'Hurt' and their version sucks, towards the end of his life Johnny Cash did it and it was one of my favorite songs ever.

Good morning D-League. Hoping for a great day for the Cats.

This old Ian Tyson song was a favorite. I remember hearing him describe on a talk show how he wrote it in 20 minutes in a basement club in Greewich Village, thinking about his girlfriend back in British Columbia. I think Bobby Bare had the first popular version. But as I get older this Johnny Cash version done very late in his life really moves me. "All these things that won't change, come what may..." Love that line.

You make me sick MdW. 20k before breakfast. Chump...

You make me sick MdW. 20k before breakfast. Chump...
It's just once a week, BBUK. And if it cheers you up I'll admit to being very, very slow.

One more Ian Tyson song as we wait for football. Most of us by this point in our lives have been both the "young man" and the father who ain't got a good word to say about the young man coming after his daughter.

Judy Collins version was great, but this Suzy Bogguss version has become my preferred.

Last edited:
On the subject of bratwurst, I was more into the Rindswurst mit senf. Much better taste I thought.

On a lighter note, my weight loss continues. Starting in August at 220lbs by Sept. 1st I was at 213lbs. Now Oct 1st I am at 209lbs. Did not lose as much as the month of August but, I will take a loss over a gain.

Add a fishing report from last night and we are caught up:

Hooked 2 landed one. The one I landed was less than a pound. The one that got away was about 3ft long slender and goes by the name of Jake No Shoulders. I was running my plastic worm weedless over the top of the water grass when Jake come out of nowhere and struck. I almost had him in when he jumped off and got away.

I really got into Johnny Cash's music in my 20s...I remember a musician saying if Cash covers your song it's not your song anymore, it becomes a Cash song. Nine Inch Nails did the song 'Hurt' and their version sucks, towards the end of his life Johnny Cash did it and it was one of my favorite songs ever.

I was introduced to Johnny Cash in late 1955. I was 12 years old. I started saving nickels and dimes and quarters and buying every record he released. I still have every one of them in mint condition. If Johnny Cash recorded it, I bought it.

He can sing about any genre out there but he is the best at telling a story. One of my favorite stories is about loading coal in Kentucky. I can't listen to this song without thinking of my grandpa. You were not a man if you didn't work in those coal mines, so said grandpa.

It's just once a week, BBUK. And if it cheers you up I'll admit to being very, very slow.

One more Ian Tyson song as we wait for football. Most of us by this point in our lives have been both the "young man" and the father who ain't got a good word to say about the young man coming after his daughter.

Judy Collins version was great, but this Suzy Bogguss version has become my preferred.

I only normally make biscuits once a week too. So HA! ;) :oops:o_O

I was introduced to Johnny Cash in late 1955. I was 12 years old. I started saving nickels and dimes and quarters and buying every record he released. I still have every one of them in mint condition. If Johnny Cash recorded it, I bought it.

He can sing about any genre out there but he is the best at telling a story. One of my favorite stories is about loading coal in Kentucky. I can't listen to this song without thinking of my grandpa. You were not a man if you didn't work in those coal mines, so said grandpa.

You know, there are people with maybe a better singing voice than Cash...but they will never be Johnny Cash. His songs had meaning and purpose and soul...whether it was a song or him being interviewed I always stopped and listened. I'm younger than many here and I'm actually not a guy into a lot of older music, but Johnny Cash was different. I love pretty much every song he ever did.

My Grandpa gave me a carbide lamp when I was still pre-teen. It is one thing I remember that I wish I had been able to keep. I loved sparking that lamp and the pop it brought when you lit it. All it took to keep that lamp going was some carbide and spit. I had my can of carbide and plenty of spit. Just an enjoyable memory. Just wish I could remember where I left it. I think I left it at my brother Jim's house when I entered the Army as he liked those type things. He's gone now and I know his relatives have taken most of his collection and turned it into dough.

He was a man's man but kind too. My BIL but he has been my brother since I was around 10.

He was an artist's artist and I watched him for hours drawing trying my best but all I could even draw was files but I learned to bathe better...

He had insulator's from electric poles, weather veins from barn roofs, and collectables he'd go to people's homes and offer to work to get the things he liked. People were so receptive to him. This is him in his time in Vietnam...

Jim Riddle... He was one of the good ones!
10411200_735003206582812_1756851862729260645_n.jpg

1470151_552167978199670_1278554290_n.jpg

1004999_552168011533000_574616979_n.jpg

I met Johnny Cash once in the Atlanta airport. He and his wife were coming out of the VIP lounge to load the plane last. The wife and I were trying to load three young kids so we wound up behind Johnny and June. Johnny was friendly, but his wife was a real chatter box (in a positive way).

That is really cool, only famous person I ever met at an airport was Crispin Glover from Back to the Future when I went to LA...he was dressed all Goth (this would have been around 2002 or 2003) and his woman was too, seemed like a real weirdo. Your famous airport meeting was way better than mine haha.

mcfly.png

That is really cool, only famous person I ever met at an airport was Crispin Glover from Back to the Future when I went to LA...he was dressed all Goth (this would have been around 2002 or 2003) and his woman was too, seemed like a real weirdo. Your famous airport meeting was way better than mine haha.

mcfly.png

I saw Soupy Sales in the Charlotte North Carolina airport when I was in the Army and drove up there to meet my brother. That was a long two days... (A story for another time..)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT