ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

There seems to be some that will work and others not. I see them here when I first paste them but when I hit post reply I get the Xbox
I've a bunch like that. They're good gifs, I know, I made them. They're blocked by do-gooders doing good. I don't believe folks are evil doers. More likely worker bees worried about doing a job. Does cause all kinds of confusion.

Arizona was dead last at -15.
Flipping Polecats!
skunk.gif

mox2T5Tr_o.jpg

I'm tempted to stop throwing my business to companies that use FedEx. Another "customer not available or business closed". I don't have to be home for a package to be delivered BUT we were regardless. UK game was on, of course we were home. Plus, no activity per our front door security camera at 3:05. This happens over and over. If it's not a lost package then it's this runaround. They used to be the best but now they're the worst. At least in my neck of the woods.

I'm tempted to stop throwing my business to companies that use FedEx. Another "customer not available or business closed". I don't have to be home for a package to be delivered BUT we were regardless. UK game was on, of course we were home. Plus, no activity per our front door security camera at 3:05. This happens over and over. If it's not a lost package then it's this runaround. They used to be the best but now they're the worst. At least in my neck of the woods.
It depends on your driver and I have had trouble with billing at Fed Ex, but UPS billing has been horrible.. We ship stuff for the business on a regular basis. We quit using them years ago because they would repeatedly bill us for stuff we did not send. They still bill us ever once in a while even though we never use them. Even sent us threatening letters once over stuff we did not send.

It depends on your driver and I have had trouble with billing at Fed Ex, but UPS billing has been horrible.. We ship stuff for the business on a regular basis. We quit using them years ago because they would repeatedly bill us for stuff we did not send. They still bill us ever once in a while even though we never use them. Even sent us threatening letters once over stuff we did not send.
Sorry for your trouble Bernie. Business owners like yourself that can be a real problem.

Morning Legionnaires!

50° this morning with a high of 60° expected with 30mph winds. In laws did not leave until 0100 this morning.

If Bengals lose today even though they would not be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs they will be historically (normal happen stance) eliminated. Don't understand how they can beat tougher teams and then lose to weaker teams. Almost as if planned.

For those traveling for Thanksgiving at this time and the upcoming days, please be careful out there.

Christmas shopping with the exception of sending cards with checks to my sons and grandkids, done. Ordered early from stores with made in USA not having to worry about stuff sitting on ships.

aaahhhhhhh (sigh of relief)

Good Sunday morning D-League.

It's currently 67° with scattered clouds. The sun is peaking through the clouds Late this afternoon we will have a 25% chance of rain and high of 75°.

It was nice to score 56 on a team but those turnovers have to be corrected. It may be too late in the season to do it because it is becoming a normal part of our game.

I trust all have a good day of rest. Don't get stuck in the sand like this boy

259086130_10227120269220699_9219680535442546286_n.jpg

Good morning from Anneta, KY. Currently 47°F with light sprinkles. We may top out 51°F. Low tomorrow could reach 29°F.

Happy to be back in Bluegrass. Great visiting with Bert and Sherry. Always great cole slaw. World famous, actually. Wonderful chili. Cats blew out NMst yesterday.

Governors Cup next Saturday. Plan on coming back here and watching with cuz.

Plan on helping cuz with computer stuff later today.

Might run down near Cookeville TN in the morning.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-STUFFING-DAY-%E2%80%93-November-21-1024x512.png

Good morning from Anneta, KY. Currently 47°F with light sprinkles. We may top out 51°F. Low tomorrow could reach 29°F.

Happy to be back in Bluegrass. Great visiting with Bert and Sherry. Always great cole slaw. World famous, actually. Wonderful chili. Cats blew out NMst yesterday.

Governors Cup next Saturday. Plan on coming back here and watching with cuz.

Plan on helping cuz with computer stuff later today.

Might run down near Cookeville TN in the morning.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-STUFFING-DAY-%E2%80%93-November-21-1024x512.png
I am thankful you had a nice trip Austin. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Have fun and enjoy the good company.

The Stuffing Day caught my eye. That is a word I never associated with food. We always called it dressing. I doubt any of my family ever used the word stuffing except for the stuffing they put in the living room furniture. I certainly would not eat that.

It is dressing all the way down here

Good morning! Shot a 72 on Friday and the Cats won later that night so I'll have to say that was a good day. Woke up yesterday morning thinking the game was last night at 1900 but was then pleasantly surprised to find out it was a nooner.

All in all it's been a great weekend so far with happiness and sunshine.

What's going to happen today? Let's find out, shall we...

Good morning D-League. It's currently 42° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring rain showers and a high of 55°.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

original.jpg

Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland. On the mountian walls opposite the falls shown, there are glacier-fed Trümmelbach Falls that rush through mountain crevices past viewing areas. Lots of climbing to get into the falls. Was part of our Bavaria/Austria/Switz tour about 2018.

Last edited:
Good morning! Shot a 72 on Friday and the Cats won later that night so I'll have to say that was a good day. Woke up yesterday morning thinking the game was last night at 1900 but was then pleasantly surprised to find out it was a nooner.

All in all it's been a great weekend so far with happiness and sunshine.

What's going to happen today? Let's find out, shall we...
As long as we don't have to hold hands to do it.

I am thankful you had a nice trip Austin. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Have fun and enjoy the good company.

The Stuffing Day caught my eye. That is a word I never associated with food. We always called it dressing. I doubt any of my family ever used the word stuffing except for the stuffing they put in the living room furniture. I certainly would not eat that.

It is dressing all the way down here
Well, You could call it stuffing if you get stuffed with it.😋

Supper or Dinner? I pissed a guy off here once when I ask what he was having for lunch. "We don't eat lunch here, it's called dinner" I said: "That's what I eat at night. He said that was wrong and that is called supper. Dinner is the midday meal. He really got mad at me for telling him that supper and dinner were one and the same.

Supper or Dinner? I pissed a guy off here once when I ask what he was having for lunch. "We don't eat lunch here, it's called dinner" I said: "That's what I eat at night. He said that was wrong and that is called supper. Dinner is the midday meal. He really got mad at me for telling him that supper and dinner were one and the same.
I was raised a breakfast, dinner, supper eater. In the generations before me no one in my family said the word lunch. The noon meal was as "heavy " as supper because they were blue collar workers who ate three very large meals a day.

I think calling supper, dinner may be a midwest or northern thing. Down in the deep south it has always been supper. Same thing with the stuffing and dressing thing. Just a difference in the culture one is raised. Just another example America is not one country and has never been united. Not even in language or description of things.

Here is a picture of my daddy headed to the coal mines with his "dinner bucket". A person up north might call this a "lunch pail" Today a bucket like that could feed a family of four. And everybody would be overweight LOL

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teR-Diba6Sg5omEKNWSpjO9t4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Morning Legionnaires!

50° this morning with a high of 60° expected with 30mph winds. In laws did not leave until 0100 this morning.

If Bengals lose today even though they would not be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs they will be historically (normal happen stance) eliminated. Don't understand how they can beat tougher teams and then lose to weaker teams. Almost as if planned.

For those traveling for Thanksgiving at this time and the upcoming days, please be careful out there.

Christmas shopping with the exception of sending cards with checks to my sons and grandkids, done. Ordered early from stores with made in USA not having to worry about stuff sitting on ships.

aaahhhhhhh (sigh of relief)
We went on the cash system for Christmas.........we don't see our grandchildren enough to know what they like......I know the last time I was there I saw a $300 telescope up on top of the cabinet gathering dust.......still not comepletely put together yet.....circa Christmas 2015............When they lived in England it cost almost as much to send gifts as the gifts themselves cost.........cash fits all ten of them......$50ea for Chritmas in a card with a hug.......never see Grant laying around like some of the other stuff we have gave them over the years...

Last edited:
We went on the cash system for Christmas.........we don't see our grandchildren enough to know what they like......I know the last time I was there I saw a $300 telescope up on top of the cabinet gathering dust.......still not comepletely put together yet.....circa Christmas 2015............When they lived in England it cost almost as much to send gifts ad the gifts themselves cost.........cash fits all ten of them......$50ea for Chritmas in a card with a hug.......never see Grant laying around like some of the other stuff we have gave them over the years...
I do the same thing. A $50 bill in the Christmas card, same for birthdays. My grandkids are too high tech for me to attempt to find something they will use so it is a cash system for me as well

Grandparent farmers had dinner at mid-day, their biggest meal, and supper at supper time. Net, I think dinner is largest meal regardless of time of day & supper is in the evening. So can have dinner at supper time but not supper at mid-day.

Last edited:
I was raised a breakfast, dinner, supper eater. In the generations before me no one in my family said the word lunch. The noon meal was as "heavy " as supper because they were blue collar workers who ate three very large meals a day.

I think calling supper, dinner may be a midwest or northern thing. Down in the deep south it has always been supper. Same thing with the stuffing and dressing thing. Just a difference in the culture one is raised. Just another example America is not one country and has never been united. Not even in language or description of things.

Here is a picture of my daddy headed to the coal mines with his "dinner bucket". A person up north might call this a "lunch pail" Today a bucket like that could feed a family of four. And everybody would be overweight LOL

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teR-Diba6Sg5omEKNWSpjO9t4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA
Must be a country fried thing. I was raised for most of my child to teen life in Louisville and dinner/supper was the same thing.

We went on the cash system for Christmas.........we don't see our grandchildren enough to know what they like......I know the last time I was there I saw a $300 telescope up on top of the cabinet gathering dust.......still not comepletely put together yet.....circa Christmas 2015............When they lived in England it cost almost as much to send gifts as the gifts themselves cost.........cash fits all ten of them......$50ea for Chritmas in a card with a hug.......never see Grant laying around like some of the other stuff we have gave them over the years...
I send $400 to a family of 7 (son, DIL and grandkids) $100 to his twin. The rest is here with my wife and daughter. I now give my wife $600 a month so she can put it in stocks she is messing with so, that covers all year round gifts.

I do the same thing. A $50 bill in the Christmas card, same for birthdays. My grandkids are too high tech for me to attempt to find something they will use so it is a cash system for me as well
Glad to see I am giving the going rate..........the Director starts lamenting about not "buying" the kids gifts every year about now......also once they graduate from HS they are no longer on the Christmas/Birthday list.........Christmas gift giving is for the children in our lives..............we don't exchange gifts other than that........Our daughter and SIL get a cash gift but they are the only adults.........we do subsidize the ones in college if'n they maintain 3.0 or above....$100 a month and a extra $200 for a 4.0 on midterms and semester finals........I have been characterized as a grinch..........more than once........

Morning folks. Rainy here and a lot warmer than the last few days.

Growing up it was breakfast, dinner and supper. Breakfast was big with bacon or sausage or ham, eggs, gravy and biscuits. Dinner in mid day was the biggest mean and supper often was left overs from Dinner and if necessary added to it. My dad and often my mom would eat a go-to-bed glass of buttermilk and leftover cornbread.

Dinner is mid day folks. :)

It was good seeing Austin.

Growing up it was breakfast, dinner and supper. Breakfast was big with bacon or sausage or ham, eggs, gravy and biscuits. Dinner in mid day was the biggest mean and supper often was left overs from Dinner and if necessary added to it. My dad and often my mom would eat a go-to-bed glass of buttermilk and leftover cornbread.

That seems rather odd to me though. As hard working as farmers are I would think the largest meal at midday would weigh heavy on you. On the other hand the fact that working that hard and long days I guess you need the energy to complete the day so...ehh.

That seems rather odd to me though. As hard working as farmers are I would think the largest meal at midday would weigh heavy on you. On the other hand the fact that working that hard and long days I guess you need the energy to complete the day so...ehh.
We took a lot of time for Dinner. My dad would also take a nap before going back out. He said he avoided the hottest time of the day.

Cornbread/buttermilk and lettuce and onions were two of dad's favorite things to eat. Now of all the things in the garden, onions was the one thing I never grew a fondness for. Now I can eat them cooked into things, but I can't stand them raw.

We took a lot of time for Dinner. My dad would also take a nap before going back out. He said he avoided the hottest time of the day.
I was talking to my wife who was born and raised a little east of Richmond. That was the big city to them. She had 10 brothers and sisters and her mama got up every morning at 5:00 AM and made two huge pans of biscuits. 24 to a pan, 48 total. With that she fried either chicken, pork chops, bacon or sausage. One of those was the meat and any left overs would be packed for the kids dinner. For supper there was always cornbread and usually pinto beans. She would add some fresh vegetables from the garden fry up some more meat. This was served with sweet milk and buttermilk was a treat if she had time to churn some up. One thing they did not have was sweet tea. We had that two or three times a day and there always was a fresh jug of it on the countertop.

I do think "supertime" is a regional term. Rural and small Southern towns compared to the big city life. I would guess people in Atlanta say "let's go to lunch" where as people in South Georgia would eat dinner. I was born into a supper time family as was my wife.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT