ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good day, D-League!

Breakthrough case hospitalizations are over 70% of the case totals right now and rising every 2 weeks. Eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, and treat even slight symptoms at home without panicking. My prayers are with all of you.

More physical work to get done this week before the weather turns completely. Have a great day and I hope the buzz from the UF game lasts through your week.

Can we turn it around and beat LSU like a team that belongs in the top tier of the SEC? I think we can

Good day, D-League!

Breakthrough case hospitalizations are over 70% of the case totals right now and rising every 2 weeks. Eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, and treat even slight symptoms at home without panicking. My prayers are with all of you.

More physical work to get done this week before the weather turns completely. Have a great day and I hope the buzz from the UF game lasts through your week.

Can we turn it around and beat LSU like a team that belongs in the top tier of the SEC? I think we can

Yeah 70% and rising BUT they are still firing healthcare workers in bunches... (Can't mess up a good chance to tax the "rich"...)

Totally fake smile. Can't compare this to a guy that only smiles real smiles 3 times every 7 years on average since 2007
I noticed that when it happened and I told my wife that Stoops must have face planted on the way to the handshake. And then I forgot about it.

Maybe Mullen is a big fan of industrial strength, no doze, rock and roll defense and he just witnessed a perfect example.

Maybe he knows Stoops is in the process of making the SEC his bitch and Dan doesn't want to piss him off.

It doesn't matter what the reason, as long as it causes pain for Florida fans I'm fine with it.

I noticed that when it happened and I told my wife that Stoops must have face planted on the way to the handshake. And then I forgot about it.

Maybe Mullen is a big fan of industrial strength, no doze, rock and roll defense and he just witnessed a perfect example.

Maybe he knows Stoops is in the process of making the SEC his bitch and Dan doesn't want to piss him off.

It doesn't matter what the reason, as long as it causes pain for Florida fans I'm fine with it.
edgar-mib.gif

$700,000.00 fine per person to employee unvaccinated people. That is why the healthcare industry is firing left and right.

Oh, a 12k fine for killing someone or causing it.

It is in the new 3.5 trillion dollar plus spending bill...

I'm the opposite with meat. Pasta, absolutely needs a great sauce. I hardly ever put sauce on meat unless the meat isn't good or just a touch if the sauce is just incredible
I put salt and pepper on my medium rare steaks and nothing else but maybe a little butter. I would eat the rare but my wife tells me it is better medium rare. If you are going to cover up the taste of a steak then buy cheap steaks.

Just my opinion! :)

• Good morning, D-Leaguers.
  • Wonderful win over the Gators. I was afraid that missed PAT was going to bite us. Whew!!!
  • Raining on and off. I am under the umbrella.
  • Ordered some Halls Snappy Beercheese.
  • We need to beat LSU. It will be a good game.
  • I watched a good part of the game on the grand baby's cell phone.I do as I am told.
  • This deck is wet.
  • Y'all take care.
  • The very best to you.

Last edited:
I put salt and pepper on my medium rare steaks and nothing else but maybe a little butter. I would eat the rare but my wife tells me it is better medium rare. If you are going to cover up the taste of a steak then buy cheap steaks.

Just my opinion! :)
Salt and pepper is all that is needed. If I cook them in a pan I'll put butter on them and spoon it over the steaks while they cook. Makes for a better, tastier crust.

Just got a text that my refinance closed this morning so I'll be having steak tonight. I might even light a fire and go old school.

It is a muggy 67.5°F on our way up to 77° with a 20% chance of rain. Saturday night and yesterday we got 2.4 inches of rain. The rain did wait until I got my steaks grilled.

I got the Florida game edited this morning. To give you an idea of how many commercials ESPN puts in a game the uncut first half was 10,411,775 KB, the edited first and second quarters were 4,102,073 KB and 3,008,511 KB for a total of 7,110,584 KB Second half uncut was 10,974,113 and the third and fourth quarters were 3,528,232 KB and 4,843,184 KB for total of 8,371,416 KB. That means that, not counting half time the first half was 31.7% commercials and the second half was 23.7% commercials. For the whole game it was 27.6% commercials. Just a few years ago it was not that much, but the run a commercial every opportunity is now the case just like CBS.

End of rant

Good morning D, read Matthew 11 this morning.

Just got back from therapy, feel pretty good right now! I have not had a good nights sleep since Labor Day week, usually up by 12:30, did sleep till 2:30 so I guess I will take that. I have been thru some things in my life, 5 surgeries, both hips replaced. both rotator cuff, and neck, but never have I dealt with something like this. My friend who I am going to at PT, we discussed some things Friday and changed my PT a little, have felt better since then, so maybe we are on the right road to recovery!!! I have not been in bed since this started either, sleeping in the recliner. He asked me what my pain level was and I told him, when one of those spasms hits, between 1-10 it's about a 15!!! But I have not had one since Friday.

Great win by the wildcats, I have already watched it 3 times, when you don't sleep you can watch lots of stuff. Defense looked great, I hope our QB gets better and I think he will!!!

I have been lurking around and saw yawl talking about Ky Legends hams, I had a sister that worked where they processed them in Owensboro and they could get employee discount on them but you had to buy a case, she would get a case, my cost for a WHOLE ham, $8, quiet a deal!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day! Bert jessie's family is on our GOD KNOWS LIST!!!!! Prayers for the D!!!!!

Anyone lose their ability to open Facebook? Went to send a message to my college friend about a get together and the site won't load. Finally go to use that piece of trash and it's down... lol

Funny

Got to find my black book of phone numbers again

Just got back from therapy, feel pretty good right now! I have not had a good nights sleep since Labor Day week, usually up by 12:30, did sleep till 2:30 so I guess I will take that. I have been thru some things in my life, 5 surgeries, both hips replaced. both rotator cuff, and neck, but never have I dealt with something like this. My friend who I am going to at PT, we discussed some things Friday and changed my PT a little, have felt better since then, so maybe we are on the right road to recovery!!! I have not been in bed since this started either, sleeping in the recliner. He asked me what my pain level was and I told him, when one of those spasms hits, between 1-10 it's about a 15!!! But I have not had one since Friday.

Great win by the wildcats, I have already watched it 3 times, when you don't sleep you can watch lots of stuff. Defense looked great, I hope our QB gets better and I think he will!!!

I have been lurking around and saw yawl talking about Ky Legends hams, I had a sister that worked where they processed them in Owensboro and they could get employee discount on them but you had to buy a case, she would get a case, my cost for a WHOLE ham, $8, quiet a deal!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day! Bert jessie's family is on our GOD KNOWS LIST!!!!! Prayers for the D!!!!!
Good to see you back Cordmaker.

I just got off the phone with Jessie. He is struggling. It was the first time that I saw him cry. Losing you baby girl sure hurts, I suppose and I never want to experience.

Nice to have you back cordmaker, I am up with you on Matthew 11.

Well I came a hair of joining you on the disabled list. I was working in the yard a few minutes ago doing some trimming with my weed wacker. I tripped over a metal object and went head first towards a concrete edge I have that separates a flower bed from the lawn. 5 years ago there is no way that would have happened. But this is not 5 years ago. My head barely missed it. Close call.

Salt and pepper is all that is needed. If I cook them in a pan I'll put butter on them and spoon it over the steaks while they cook. Makes for a better, tastier crust.

Just got a text that my refinance closed this morning so I'll be having steak tonight. I might even light a fire and go old school.
I am going to second your post and that of Bert's. Salt and pepper only

I enjoy the taste of beef. I depend on the fat to give me the flavor that is why we do not grill out lean beef. I want fat on it, such as a rib eye. No sirloins, no flank steaks or anything similar. I enjoy beef short ribs because you get rich broth out of them. And the meat is very tasty too. I will put them on the grill and BBQ as I would pork ribs and a rich BBQ sauce. But never a steak or even a hamburger.

Well I came a hair of joining you on the disabled list. I was working in the yard a few minutes ago doing some trimming with my weed wacker. I tripped over a metal object and went head first towards a concrete edge I have that separates a flower bed from the lawn. 5 years ago there is no way that would have happened. But this is not 5 years ago. My head barely missed it. Close call.
That happened to me back in the Spring. I was trimming behind a shrub next to the house and went to move and my lead (leed) foot got caught on something. I was falling face first into the concrete porch. I put my hands out and caught myself with my face just inches above certain reconstructive surgery. My shoulders were sore for over a week. Sometimes adrenaline is the best drug for the job!

Us old farts need to be careful. I tripped and fell 4 weeks ago. Didn't go to the doctor, but I think I broke 3 fingers on my left hand. They are still sore, but finally getting better.

I am going to second your post and that of Bert's. Salt and pepper only

I enjoy the taste of beef. I depend on the fat to give me the flavor that is why we do not grill out lean beef. I want fat on it, such as a rib eye. No sirloins, no flank steaks or anything similar. I enjoy beef short ribs because you get rich broth out of them. And the meat is very tasty too. I will put them on the grill and BBQ as I would pork ribs and a rich BBQ sauce. But never a steak or even a hamburger.
When I make hamburgers there's no telling what I'm going to put in there. It's a hamburger. Sometimes I'll put a dollop of steak sauce in there. If I put sauce on a steak, that means it wasn't good when it was first cooked and now it's sat in the refrigerator. I'm warming it up in the microwave and it just doesn't matter at that point. Just trying to add moisture.

It is a muggy 67.5°F on our way up to 77° with a 20% chance of rain. Saturday night and yesterday we got 2.4 inches of rain. The rain did wait until I got my steaks grilled.

I got the Florida game edited this morning. To give you an idea of how many commercials ESPN puts in a game the uncut first half was 10,411,775 KB, the edited first and second quarters were 4,102,073 KB and 3,008,511 KB for a total of 7,110,584 KB Second half uncut was 10,974,113 and the third and fourth quarters were 3,528,232 KB and 4,843,184 KB for total of 8,371,416 KB. That means that, not counting half time the first half was 31.7% commercials and the second half was 23.7% commercials. For the whole game it was 27.6% commercials. Just a few years ago it was not that much, but the run a commercial every opportunity is now the case just like CBS.

End of rant

I used to record them live to a file that would run 4Gb for a whole HD game. Now it's close to 10Gb and I have to split the recordings up and edit like you're doing to get them on archive material.

Afternoon (for some) D Leaguers
Congrats to you dedicated long time UK football supporters.
Wedding & reception on Saturday, didnt get a chance to watch but was checking phone quite often. I didn't remember the outcome til the next morning. Ranked 16 in AP poll, higher than Auburn, Florida, and Texas.
Changed out a fuel pump, put on rear brake pads and wiper blades for daughters SUV, well...I watched my brother do most of it. Put a loft bed together for granddaughter...she's going to be a big sister.

When I make hamburgers there's no telling what I'm going to put in there. It's a hamburger. Sometimes I'll put a dollop of steak sauce in there. If I put sauce on a steak, that means it wasn't good when it was first cooked and now it's sat in the refrigerator. I'm warming it up in the microwave and it just doesn't matter at that point. Just trying to add moisture.
That is why i do not grill sirloin steaks. Too lean for a grill. I like a steak bloody rare. I prefer it bleed when I cut into it.

Now pork and chicken are different to me. I do not want to see blood on either one.

I'm getting around ok after my joints all locked up for a while last night. 2 days of soreness after turning the ankles and digging a 20ft ditch down to 3ft. Rain filled it back in a bit, so round 2 starting Thursday or so. Will move 2 tons of rock by hand before that's done

If I'm not in better shape after, I'll be in worse shape for sure

Us old farts need to be careful. I tripped and fell 4 weeks ago. Didn't go to the doctor, but I think I broke 3 fingers on my left hand. They are still sore, but finally getting better.
I can still move faster than I ought to. Older guy fell at the golf course about 4 months ago and broke one shoulder, dislocated the other and still busted his face on the cart path. He's just now coming back a little.
That is why i do not grill sirloin steaks. Too lean for a grill. I like a steak bloody rare. I prefer it bleed when I cut into it.

Now pork and chicken are different to me. I do not want to see blood on either one.
Not a fan of the sirloin. Prefer ribeye but will settle for a thick Tbone.

I can still move faster than I ought to. Older guy fell at the golf course about 4 months ago and broke one shoulder, dislocated the other and still busted his face on the cart path. He's just now coming back a little.

Quite a few years ago, I almost tore my foot off in a wreck. Had a screw put in my ankle, ligament surgeries etc. I've lost most of the range of motion in that ankle which makes me awkward in movement and it's bone on bone at the joint. Walking awkward then puts pressure on the knee, so the knee is wearing out. The hips probably next. We all pay the piper sooner or later.

We buy sirloin for the purpose of stir frying it. We cut it in very thin strips and add vegetables. . Or we ground it up to make hamburger patties. But never serve it as grilled steak

Now my wife prefers fillet mignon and will not eat any other cut of beef grilled out. I wrap them in bacon to give more flavor. And only add salt and pepper. She will not eat a rare steak so I put hers on the grill for a few minutes before the rest

Quite a few years ago, I almost tore my foot off in a wreck. Had a screw put in my ankle, ligament surgeries etc. I've lost most of the range of motion in that ankle which makes me awkward in movement and it's bone on bone at the joint. Walking awkward then puts pressure on the knee, so the knee is wearing out. The hips probably next. We all pay the piper sooner or later.

That sounds extremely painful

I eat steak, therefore I grill. Doesn't matter the cut of steak. I'd just as soon not cook it if I'm not grilling it, and it pisses my wife off a little bit. She never complains after she smells it cooking and is always glad when she's eating it, but she'd like me to do it more often

The loin side of a T bone or Porterhouse is the best meat known to man. I usually stick with ribeye as it is rich and tender, but Sherry prefers strip. I like the fat, Sherry not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT