ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

• Good Afternoon, D-Leagueanite Wildcats and Lurkers.
  • Cool morning in Cumming, GA. About 50º this morning. Very nice.
  • The Cats whooped those Vols' asses in Knoxville, in Knoxville. The Vols fans were not happy to say the least. In case you don't know 34-7. Yep.
  • In all of my years of watching football, I had never seen a player kicked in his manhood like #80 did to our player in that game. I think the refs dismissed him from that game.
  • 3 mugs of that Dark Magic down.
  • Alabama handled Jawga in the second half. UGA has an excellent team, but not as good as Alabama.
  • South Carolina came roaring back and beat Auburn. That was a big win for the Cocks.
  • Enjoy relishing all day.
  • Get well soon sick people.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.

One of our properties is an old Sinclair station. Have pictures of it being built...maybe 1940s? Been added onto about 3 times but you can tell that it was once a 1940s, 1950s gas station.
Years ago I emailed back and forth with someone (can't remember now the company) that I guess now owns the rights to Sinclair (maybe oil company who eventually wound up owning whoever bought them out back in the day). They still had historical records of their locations, etc.

Years ago I had it painted in the Sinclair colors and waned to put an old 40s, 50s gas pump in front of it. Ever priced one of those suckers?

Going back in time. This was a Sinclair service station back in the day and has been around since I was a youngster. It is located near Weeki Wachee, FL and has been converted to Harold's Auto Repair. This is a part of Americana that is fading away so I am glad it has been saved. The dinosaur was a Sinclair Oil mascot in those day.
I bet Rooster knows the name of the dinosaur this represents. I would bet your house on it.

122034852_10218456620031485_7526936910905856529_o.jpg

I know it is a brontosaurus, but I believe that his name was Dino. Not 100% sure. My memory is not as good as it used to be. Attended live church service today. It felt good to be back and not watch on the tube. Felt pretty safe. Everyone wore masks and distanced themselves. Everyone have a great day.

De9GWi8VAAALoh5.jpg

Do not eat! The big ugly green ones are usually fake news but not always. That why it works.
I've never heard of them before I saw the article on The Weather Channel and LiveScience website.

"The venomous pus caterpillar is the larval form of the southern flannel moth (Megalopyge opercularis), and if you see one you should stay away from it. Its "hairs" are actually spines that make it among the most venomous caterpillars in the United States."

Morning Legionaires!

Currently 45° looking for a high of 72°. Animals all still asleep, daughter still asleep (fall break), and wife preparing for work. Morning Christian program (Shepherds Chapel) on the tube, coffee going down, and nothing scheduled for the day except assisting later on in the with a karate class at 5pm.
Retirement is good.

Be careful out there all of you traveling be it work or pleasure and may God bless you this day and everyday.

Good Monday morning D League

Waking up to a nice cup of coffee as I wait for the sun to rise. It is 71° and clear. Our high should reach 84° and we will be blessed with nice cleansing sunshine with 81% humidity and 8 mph winds. Nice breeze if you are working outside. We are in the waxing crescent phase of the moon.

Trust all have a nice day and if you are feeling a little low or have physical pain or other issues may the Lord take a liking to you and give you a touch of His hand.

moon-waxing-crescent-earthshine-1-8-2019-Chuck-Reinhart-Vincennes-IN-e1547258318928.jpg

I finished staining my deck Saturday morning before the game. I only had a small window of opportunity so I took the chance since the weather forecast called for a small chance of rain Sunday morning. It rained Sunday morning, 21 hours after I finished the project. Directions say 24 hours minimum. It was only a light 45 minute rain so we'll see when the deck dries out which may be Friday. It's getting late in the year and the forecast doesn't look promising for the next few weeks. I'd really hate to do this again even if I get the opportunity.

It is a humid 64.0°F here under clouds. We are supposed to get rain today and top out at 70°. No temps below 50° forecast the next week so the plants go back out today.

Elvis sure surrounded himself with pretty women. I doubt that he ever found true love. Fame usually messes that up if the fame comes before the girl. Many pretty girls are not looking for love, just money and their part of the fame. I was lucky and never got the fame.

UK 82 hope the deck works out okay. That is close to 24 hours.

I haven't seen that movie in 60 years.
Time flies Don. I remember sitting in the theater. It was filmed near where I live and Elvis had a lot of fun off camera. There is a hog dog shop in Brooksville where he would go to eat hog dogs and french fries. They still have a sign up. And of course he loved the mermaids at Weeki Wachee. Rumor is he dated a few of them.

maxresdefault.jpg

A few years before that Elvis had not made any movies Elvis bought his parents a new house near where one of my first cousins lived in Memphis, probably in 1955. He took me over there one day on his bicycle. I was about 12 years old. Time does get by. Elvis Presley.
You are right. Elvis was in the Army for a couple of years and had to get back in the public eye once he was discharged. So the best way to do that was make a string of movies with nice scenery and beautiful girls. It worked

• Good morning, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • We have low 50ºs in Cummings right now. Clear sky. Very nice day going.
  • Still giddy about that win in Knoxville last Saturday.
  • 3 mugs of Dark Magic down.
  • Took Lola out for her tinkle during Tom Leach's show.
  • No wildlife sighted.
  • Haven't heard from #3, who is on the Mountain Leg of his Ranger training.
  • No news.
  • Joe Biden can't win can he?
  • Get well soon, sickly ones.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.

Last edited:
I haven't seen that movie in 60 years.

I have'em, Elvis made some decent flicks. I have many of his movies digitized. (Not all)

Oh, a Good early afternoon to all. I had a few light days on the computer and even the phone. I read a bunch but didn't post (much). I hope all are very well and that God's abundance catches you at the moment you need it. (God will supply your needs. Just be patient and obey.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT