ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning d-d-d-d-D! :grimace:
Currently 18°....seems cold.
Small Christmas party tonight w/family....kids,nieces,nephews, brother,etc....should be fun.
:beer::cheers2:[cheers][banana]:cool2:
Pretty uneventful the last few days. I'm OK with that.
Drink coffee...stay warm.
xsocial-media-confessions-from-desperate-coffee-drinkers-21746501.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VaxFSL1q7H.jpg

Thanks Rooster.

Lindsey Vonn: I won't be representing US President at Winter Olympics.

I didn't bother to read the article...headline is all I needed. I'm sure Trump is devastated....

When will people (anti-Trumpers) realize he has F you money...meaning he has enough money that he doesn't care nor does it matter what anybody else thinks.

I see nothing wrong with that statement. What am I missing?
I can appreciate that statement, but I believe that many, many citizens who reside in the hinterlands are just fed up with the obstructionist Trump haters. I'm one, a life long Democrat who cannot stand their disloyal opposition to strangle the US presidency. He is the elected US President and deserves respect of the office. It's much worse than policy opposition, it's an anti-American, governmental paralysis agenda and I fear this loss of respect threatens our constitutional democracy. Guess I should head over to the Paddock political thread and
:boxing:

Last edited:
"Well I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president," Vonn told CNN's Alpine Edge.

I see nothing wrong with that statement. What am I missing?
Because she is a left wing, Trump hater. She does not have to like the President; however, I voted AGAINST Obama and I would never have said something that anti-Obama. If he had asked me to the White House I would still be bragging about it on this message board.

She is a political piece of crap. She sure as hell does not represent me! May her silicone fail.

Finally expected to get measurable snow in DC this weekend, about which I'm still kid-like in my excitement. First of a few Christmas parties Saturday. Daughter home from U.Md on her break Sunday, and son has another high school basketball game tonight. Okay, this holiday deal is finally picking up some momentum.

Re: Vonn

OK. So earlier I didn't read the whole article...just that opening quote. After clicking the "read more" button I now see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, I gots no use for anybody that doesn't respect the office of POTUS. So I guess that puts me in the same boat as the rest of you jackals.

Carry on.
Relieved.

Well, our monster ATX snowfall was short-lived. All melted quickly later today after daybreak. We received a half-inch. Airport got about 1.25 inches.

Really enjoyed my latest trip back to KY. Hope to return soon and see my granddaughter again.

@Bert Higginbotha : Unable to hit Montana Grill this trip. According to cuz's son, they had a fire there sometime year before last or so. It sits near Double Dogs. I'll try visiting again next year. I love Bowling Green.

Good morning from ATX. We've got 37°F. Heading into the mid-60s later today.

Lots of errands today. I'll try running a few before our game at 11 CST. No beer until later this afternoon. I may catch a little Army-Navy football.

Our game against the Hawks represents our second road test since the Jayhawk contest. Hope we come out on fire.

I got nothing else. Y'all behave.

"Hello. I'm MD. And I'm an addict.

It started the day after Thanksgiving. To humor my wife, and yes, to try to turbocharge the Christmas spirit, I watched a cheesy holiday movie on the Hallmark Channel. It was the one where a youngish, plucky woman loses her boyfriend and her job, but then meets a mysterious man with an adorable daughter. Sadly his wife died saving their drowning puppy, and the little girl and the guy seem so alone. She Could go back to the rich, cutthroat businessman, but the down-to-earth carpenter seems so REAL. Lots of wacky complications, but miraculously, they fall in love on Christmas Eve as snow falls and the tree lights blaze. It ends with a kiss.

Now we're watching the channel every waking, non-working moment. The movies are all the same. There are hundreds of them. And the sad thing is, I can't even claim to just be doing it for my wife anymore. I'm going to try to go Cold Turkey today. Wish me well."

Last edited:
Well, our monster ATX snowfall was short-lived. All melted quickly later today after daybreak. We received a half-inch. Airport got about 1.25 inches.

Really enjoyed my latest trip back to KY. Hope to return soon and see my granddaughter again.

@Bert Higginbotha : Unable to hit Montana Grill this trip. According to cuz's son, they had a fire there sometime year before last or so. It sits near Double Dogs. I'll try visiting again next year. I love Bowling Green.

But it is back and better than ever. It is a really unique place. I think it is the best steak house in Bowling Green.

I love Bowling Green too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT