ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Dear ymmot, the paper plate that I use must be smaller than the one you suggest. After repeated tries, the edge of the plate causes a 176 degree angle with respect to the other slice. May I continue or should I get a larger plate? If I continue will this effect the taste? Also, I have been using Smuckers peach. Probably a dumb question, but could this somehow effect the angle? FCC.
Those are all good questions. Yes, you could get a larger plate. You could also get smaller bread. Or you could just follow AISC guidelines which allow a +/- tolerance of 5° for bread linearity. (American Institute of Sandwich Construction)

No, I would not anticipate any taste perturbations.

Smuckers peach should provide an acceptable taste profile and keep you well inside angle toleranes, however, I would stick with jelly or jam, preserves may increase the drip factor. If you could provide me the viscosity rating I would be happy to run some calculations for you.

Happy sandwiching!

1800_mainProductPhotos_anejo_new.png

Morning D
dragging big time - Granddaughter stayed overnight, and of necessity her pack n play is in my bedroom. She's not used to having anyone sleeping in the room with her - especially not dogs. She woke up at about 6:45 this morning; this after not getting to sleep until about midnight or so last night (not used to it)> Lily is being really good, just didn't sleep much, LOL. Grammie finally fell asleep around 1:30am - normally 5 hours is pretty good for me, but I'm taking this daggum decongestant and generally feel like kaka. Coffee doesn't taste as good as it should :(

Well, it's Game Day - totally different feel from last week, isn't it? I'll watch of course, but not feeling too excited. Maybe they'll surprise us?

Louisville is really good - I mean really, really good. I hate that

@ymmot31 and @FutureCityCats - you two just ain't right. And I like that about you

Welcome to the 1800s D!

Mmmm! OK, here's the recipe if you care to experience the bliss I feel at this moment.

2 slices of white, sandwich style Bunny Bread
3/16" layer of JIF creamy peanut butter
1/8" layer of Welch's concord grape jelly
8oz of Dean's vitamin D fortified whole milk

Remove bread from bag and lay out in front of you on a suitable work surface, a paper plate will suffice. Grasp one side of the top slice and flip it over 180 degrees from the bottom slice. Apply layer of peanut butter to lower slice of bread using a butter knife. Utilize the top surface of the remaining slice to clean your knife of any remaining peanut butter prior to inserting the knife into the jelly. (if your wife doesn't use the jelly, you can skip that step with no adverse effects) Spread the jelly to all four sides with an equal thickness across the slice. Ensure there are no mounds of jelly that will drip out as you take a bite. Grasp peanut butter slice by the same side that you used to flip the top slice and flip it in the same motion on top of the jelly.

Note: be sure to keep the jelly slice of bread oriented in its original placement relative to the peanut butter slice. The two slices of bread must line up in their original configuration as they were in the bag when the sandwich halves are mated. Presentation is important.

As for the milk, no substitution is advised, however, instead of the 8oz glass with "Indianapolis 500" engraved in it that I used, you could possibly use a different container. It should be glass though, and it must be clear so you can see the milk.

If you should find yourself having any problems, just post your questions here and I'll be around tomorrow to provide guidance. I don't have the nutritional info on this meal but I think it should be around a 100 calories or so, maybe more. Happy eating!
That recipe has saved my life many many times. I use crunchy pnb if I have it, and strawberry preserves can be used. I like to cut the sandwich diagonally. That sandwich, if built properly, contains about 400 calories. The milk is about 100 if you are drinking full strength milk. You are OCD.

Tequila is usually bottled in one of five categories:[9]

• Blanco [ˈblaŋko] ("white") or plata [ˈplata] ("silver"): white spirit, unaged and bottled or stored immediately after distillation, or aged less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels
  • Joven [ˈxoβen] ("young") or oro [ˈoɾo] ("gold"): unaged silver tequila that may be flavored with caramel coloring, oak extract, glycerin, or sugar-based syrup. Could also be the result of blending silver tequila with aged or extra-aged tequila.
  • Reposado [repoˈsaðo] ("rested"): aged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels of any size
  • Añejo [aˈɲexo] ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels
  • Extra Añejo ("extra aged" or "ultra aged"): aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels, this category was established in March 2006.
With 100% agave tequila, blanco or plata is harsher with the bold flavors of the distilled agave up front, while reposado and añejo are smoother, subtler, and more complex. As with other spirits aged in casks, tequila takes on the flavors of the wood, while the harshness of the alcohol mellows. The major flavor distinction with 100% agave tequila is the base ingredient, which is more vegetal than grain spirits (and often more complex).

That recipe has saved my life many many times. I use crunchy pnb if I have it, and strawberry preserves can be used. I like to cut the sandwich diagonally. That sandwich, if built properly, contains about 400 calories. The milk is about 100 if you are drinking full strength milk. You are OCD.
Whoooaa big fella. You have exceeded the parameters of this informal culinary venue. The advanced techniques and ingredients you have introduced are beyond the original scope of this recipe. The vast majority of readers here do not have access to the world famous "break room" and the gustatorial treasures it holds. Endeavor to eschew obfuscation, if you don't mind.

• Good Morning, D-Leaguers,
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Sunny. VCR.
  • Blood Sugar = 120. Weight = 229. Krispy Kreme glazed.
  • Dark Magic gone.
  • Game Day. Pessimistic about our chances today. That's a Hell of a way to be. Kentucky Football fans are the best there is.
  • Louisville is too good for us. Hate him if you must, but BP can coach.
  • This is the contract that I would use:
    • 3 million dollar base
    • 1 million for every win.
    • -1 million for every loss.
  • Hire the Band Director of Jacksonville State.
  • That is all.

Back in the old days our bail bond association would rent a bar on river street in Savannah. We provided free food and drinks for the membership, the sheriffs and deputies. The Savannah Police agencies let everybody have fun so long as driving an automobile was not involved.

We hired a karaoke singer from Atlanta for entertainment. He was fun and did a good job.

I was wearing my UK getup one party night watching the girls go by. Along came a beautiful blonde, and she gravitated to my Kentucky cap. Go Cats she said. Come on in I said. She was a former UK basketball player from Canada. We danced some. She drank some. Then she took over. She danced with every woman in the place. I was so disappointed.

Mmmm! OK, here's the recipe if you care to experience the bliss I feel at this moment.

2 slices of white, sandwich style Bunny Bread
3/16" layer of JIF creamy peanut butter
1/8" layer of Welch's concord grape jelly
8oz of Dean's vitamin D fortified whole milk

Remove bread from bag and lay out in front of you on a suitable work surface, a paper plate will suffice. Grasp one side of the top slice and flip it over 180 degrees from the bottom slice. Apply layer of peanut butter to lower slice of bread using a butter knife. Utilize the top surface of the remaining slice to clean your knife of any remaining peanut butter prior to inserting the knife into the jelly. (if your wife doesn't use the jelly, you can skip that step with no adverse effects) Spread the jelly to all four sides with an equal thickness across the slice. Ensure there are no mounds of jelly that will drip out as you take a bite. Grasp peanut butter slice by the same side that you used to flip the top slice and flip it in the same motion on top of the jelly.

Note: be sure to keep the jelly slice of bread oriented in its original placement relative to the peanut butter slice. The two slices of bread must line up in their original configuration as they were in the bag when the sandwich halves are mated. Presentation is important.

As for the milk, no substitution is advised, however, instead of the 8oz glass with "Indianapolis 500" engraved in it that I used, you could possibly use a different container. It should be glass though, and it must be clear so you can see the milk.

If you should find yourself having any problems, just post your questions here and I'll be around tomorrow to provide guidance. I don't have the nutritional info on this meal but I think it should be around a 100 calories or so, maybe more. Happy eating!

This is going in my saved recipe box for sure.

Any experience with a balony sandwich? Or should I just look elsewhere? TIA.

Those are all good questions. Yes, you could get a larger plate. You could also get smaller bread. Or you could just follow AISC guidelines which allow a +/- tolerance of 5° for bread linearity. (American Institute of Sandwich Construction)

No, I would not anticipate any taste perturbations.

Smuckers peach should provide an acceptable taste profile and keep you well inside angle toleranes, however, I would stick with jelly or jam, preserves may increase the drip factor. If you could provide me the viscosity rating I would be happy to run some calculations for you.

Happy sandwiching!

Dear ymmot31, first of all thank-you for your response. I have noticed that the listings in the 2002 GCAISC (Geneva Conference of the American Institute of Sandwich Construction) have included you in the Board of Directors, so I am honored for our correspondence and in such a quick manner. I feel certain that you are too humble to include your title in our conversings. Even so, I concur on taste perturbations. And even though my construct is within the 5 degree tolerance of linerarity, I still have a slight concern for the varibles involved. Your recommendation of jelly or jam (jam) is well taken and anticipated. In Smuckers peach jam, the ratio of the tangential frictional force per unit area to the velocity gradient perpendicular to the direction of flow is <2.006, including the drip factor as negligible. This rating is with respect to the 2002 GCAISC Second Reading. I patiently await with great eagerness. FCC.

Dear ymmot31, first of all thank-you for your response. I have noticed that the listings in the 2002 GCAISC (Geneva Conference of the American Institute of Sandwich Construction) have included you in the Board of Directors, so I am honored for our correspondence and in such a quick manner. I feel certain that you are too humble to include your title in our conversings. Even so, I concur on taste perturbations. And even though my construct is within the 5 degree tolerance of linerarity, I still have a slight concern for the varibles involved. Your recommendation of jelly or jam (jam) is well taken and anticipated. In Smuckers peach jam, the ratio of the tangential frictional force per unit area to the velocity gradient perpendicular to the direction of flow is <2.006, including the drip factor as negligible. This rating is with respect to the 2002 GCAISC Second Reading. I patiently await with great eagerness. FCC.
Thank you FCC, I'm glad and more than happy to further the science of sandwich construction whenever I am afforded the opportunity. I applied your variables to a proprietary shear plane equation and feel certain that your current bill of materials should render you not only a tasty sandwich, but one that is structurally sound as well. Indulge at will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT