ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Mornin D
Had Sunday off to relax and recover - today going to the parents' apartment to help start organizing and putting stuff away. Will head home about 4, then head out again shortly after that to take son's g/f back to CU. Fun times
I usually have a lot of trouble sleeping - but last two nights I've crashed hard AND I took a nap yesterday afternoon.
Stoops says the right things, doesn't do the right things. He's an excellent assistant, great recruiter, but not a HC by any means. And, I doubt he'll be fired any time soon, so we have to suffer through it.
On the bright side: only 5 weeks, 4 days until BBM.

Yeap. From Wikipedia

"El Paso" is a country and westernballad written and originally recorded by Marty Robbins, and first released on Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs in September 1959. It was released as a single the following month, and became a major hit on both the country and popmusic charts, reaching number one in both at the start of 1960.
I'm thinking about another one. Same song, different artists. I guess the question has two correct answers. I still like El Paso and Marty Robbins. I never doubted your expertise.

Thanksgiving-Cartoon.jpg

Yeap. From Wikipedia

"El Paso" is a country and westernballad written and originally recorded by Marty Robbins, and first released on Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs in September 1959. It was released as a single the following month, and became a major hit on both the country and popmusic charts, reaching number one in both at the start of 1960.

That is probably his best album. Narry a dud on it. I used to travel down from Fort Wayne, IN to go to the Opry back in the mid 60s. Marty was the Opry's biggest draw. They always put him on the last segment to keep the crowd around.

Inexcusable to lose the opening game in your 4th season.

I liked the part where Stoops said it was all on him and that he and the other coaches would be meeting to figure out what went wrong.
That second part should've been in sarcastic font. I heard Stoops say we missed some assignment and that he is sorry.

Still, no excuse in year 4.

Science Break:

It's a big pile up. MACS J0717 is located about 5.4 billion light years away from us. It is one of the most complex and distorted galaxy clusters known to date in the universe.
frontier_macsj0717.jpg

Besides presenting a jumbled up picture, MACS is the site of a collision between four galaxy clusters, which explains its complex and distorted structure. It is part of the Hubble Frontier Fields of study. Strewn throughout the background are hundreds of other further away galaxies.

Last edited:
I think since I've been back on here posting I'm just posting in the league from now on. May venture to rafters when basketball starts up. I've seen so many excuses in the lair for stoops that it makes me wanna puke lol
Welcome aboard, the more the merrier. Doubt you'll hear too many taking up for him here.

Welcome aboard, the more the merrier. Doubt you'll hear too many taking up for him here.
I posted in here a lot during basketball season. After the season I stopped posting. I would randomly say hi to everyone. Hated how the season ended. Ulis was one of my favorite players we have had here. Started coming back around since football has started up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT