ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Today would have been my Dad's 86th birthday. .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. He passed on June 26, 2009 about this time of day. At his visitation people were lined out the door in a 30 minute wait. I have only hoped to be half the man he was. The measure of a man's life is not the amount of monetary wealth he accumulates.

It always hurts.

My dad was also a fine person. Some of us are really lucky in the parent draw. Apparently you and I won the parent lottery.

My dad would be 114.

morning D
exhausted today - and sore. Definitely overdid - and I didn't even do the hard part (help carry furniture - well, nothing heavy anyway). But all those steps, and boxes of stuff. Plus helping organize somewhat and putting away things.
Won't discuss football - too sickened and tired of it. My own fault for getting hopes up
Definitely ready for basketball.
Missed getting to chat with y'all the last few days

So, no one has gotten the last trivia question? Should there be another or should we just let it go for now?

morning D
exhausted today - and sore. Definitely overdid - and I didn't even do the hard part (help carry furniture - well, nothing heavy anyway). But all those steps, and boxes of stuff. Plus helping organize somewhat and putting away things.
Won't discuss football - too sickened and tired of it. My own fault for getting hopes up

So, no one has gotten the last trivia question? Should there be another or should we just let it go for now?
We've all been enjoying the football season. Make your own best decision. You will be loved in any event.

The offense looked confident for the most part. Hell they only got to play 7 min I'm second half.

I just can't remember a team ( few players in particular ). That don't have the interstinal fortitude to stop run plays when it comes time to step up.

I'm not asking everything just 1-2 times when it matters. I coached ball for 9 years and witnessed the good bad and ugly.

If it's Alabama ok I can take it. But when you have 20 point leads last two games and a while offseason to work and you let a team come back like that it's just baffles me

Although a Christian and a huge music lover, I've never cared much for Christian music. But a friend in the music business recommended Dogs of Peace.

There may be no one else in this thread that has an interest...but if you do, give this band a listen. Incredible. A group of Grammy award winning Nashville songwriters and session musicians got together and put out a fantastic collection of music.

Dogs of Peace, Heel.

Although a Christian and a huge music lover, I've never cared much for Christian music. But a friend in the music business recommended Dogs of Peace.

There may be no one else in this thread that has an interest...but if you do, give this band a listen. Incredible. A group of Grammy award winning Nashville songwriters and session musicians got together and put out a fantastic collection of music.

Dogs of Peace, Heel.

I love Christian Contemporary music - especially bands like the Newsboys, Mercy Me, Matt Maher, Chris Rice, Kari Jobe - the list goes on, really. My older son does a lot of covers of these artists at church
Thanks for the heads up on this group.

OK, I'm all caught up. Decided to go ahead and watch the game when we got home at 0100. Like I said last year, and the year before that, Mark Stoops shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR the locker room at halftime. He just doesn't have a head coach persona. I'm sure he's a respectable guy, but he doesn't command respect.

I hope this doesn't come off as hairist, but gingers just don't make good authority figures.

Oh well, it could be worse, I think, couldn't it? I hate moral victories, at least they spared us that.

morning D

I think that is Dick Powell in bed with Debbie. I checked and he made a movie called Susan Slept Here. I have never seen it but the trailleadsto it being a good guess anyway.

The ONLY thing good about last night's game is that it provided no false hope of success for the rest of the season.

Shameful.
Exactly. It also had me thinking, much like I did with BCG, that basically any person with a cursory knowledge of the sport could step in and do just as effective job as Stoops. What does he actually bring to the table beside some recruiting angles in Ohio? How are those panning out?

don't know if y'all saw this or not -
Nebraska played Fresno State last night - as, I think, some of you know (?) July 23, the senior punter for Nebraska, Sam Foltz, was killed in a car accident. Nebraska decided to honor him by deliberately lining up one man short for a 4th and down punt. Of course, there was a penalty for delay of game. In true sportsmanship, Fresno St declined the penalty.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-first-punt-of-the-year-will-give-you-chills/

• Good Morning, D-Leaguers.
  • 77º in Johns Creek. Feels cooler. VFR. A few clouds.
  • Blood Sugar = 123. Weight = 227.
  • Fish fed.
  • Me fed.
  • Listening to the Sunday morning sports show despair. Mark Sawyer and Anthony White.
  • Our defensive schemes must be changed from what we are doing. We gave up 33 1st downs. 44 points. Almost 600 yards total yards given up. Almost 300 rushing yards given up. Almost 300 passing yards given up.
  • Southern Miss is not a great football team. Average at best.
  • SEC teams will be better than Southern Miss.
  • Fans attacking fans. Find another team to root for. That's bullship.
  • Acknowledge those great offensive plays for TDs that we made.
  • Acknowledge those 3 great interceptions.
  • Outcoached for sure.
  • That is not all.

Nebraska played Fresno State last night - as, I think, some of you know (?) July 23, the senior punter for Nebraska, Sam Foltz, was killed in a car accident. Nebraska decided to honor him by deliberately lining up one man short for a 4th and down punt. Of course, there was a penalty for delay of game. In true sportsmanship, Fresno St declined the penalty.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-first-punt-of-the-year-will-give-you-chills/
Chills

I like that gesture from both sides. Everybody's heart was breaking. I just can not imagine. I have never experienced a loss like that.

images

[laughing]

Saw this in GYERO.

UK football is like an executioner that is a sadistic comedian. Says he's going to hang you, but right before he removes the chair he takes the noose off, makes you a nice dinner, and hands you a check for a million dollars. You go to deposit the check and you find out it was laced with poison and your insides start to boil and melt. He gives you the antidote, then when you fully recover he kills your family in front of you.

71347 _Chase_, Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Yesterday I left work early. No grands. Brought my laptop in. QB made me a cool drink. Brought me a bag of popcorn to pop. We open 3 and out. The 1st punt is blocked. Gonna be a terible time. Before you know it we're down 0-7. Yuck. Then bam bam bam bam bam. Well, maybe there is fun to be had. And then....................................................................

Yesterday I left work early. No grands. Brought my laptop in. QB made me a cool drink. Brought me a bag of popcorn to pop. We open 3 and out. The 1st punt is blocked. Gonna be a terible time. Before you know it we're down 0-7. Yuck. Then bam bam bam bam bam. Well, maybe there is fun to be had. And then....................................................................

71500895.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT