ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

True story, and very applicable to Kentucky Basketball: Back in the 70s, my father in-law (RIP) worked a construction contract up in Norman, OK on the University of Oklahoma campus at the football stadium. During practice one day, my FIL asked Coach Switzer how they could possibly beat the Texas Longhorns every year. Coach Switzer said, "it's all about your horses, and mine are the biggest and fastest".

Food for thought. I related this story to brother Willy back a few years ago.

A www... Mash doesn't know how much SEC tickets are to UK games and doesn't have a wife at home ready to give birth in the next 5 minutes.

I'll be there sometime in the next 7-8 years when I can take the daughter and have fun.

Went to Vandy 2 weeks ago. **** Vandy.
Unless there is a regional final at Yum or Rupp (not happening) that UK is involved in, I don't want to go to a tourney game live. Just too many folks and my TV is too good. I'd go to Rupp for an SEC tourney.

A www... Mash doesn't know how much SEC tickets are to UK games and doesn't have a wife at home ready to give birth in the next 5 minutes.

I'll be there sometime in the next 7-8 years when I can take the daughter and have fun.

Given the debacle at the Vandy game, it's just as well that Speers stayed away.

Given the debacle at the Vandy game, it's just as well that Speers stayed away.
Please stay away, Jason.

TIA. :sunglasses:

Besides Pitino, AMIRITE?
I will take a wild guess and go with "No, you're not right." That is my take anyway and here are my reasons. I respect Pitino for what he did for our program period. The respect ends there and again that is just my take. I have been on record about how I feel about some of our fans reactions to things. Guess what, I am guilty of the same things I rant about at times.

But most of all I am proud of our fans and the way they follow our Cats. I get that from my mom who named her dogs after the players and watching games with her in Rupp and other arenas rank up with the "As good as it gets" commercials. Fred, Crown, Wilma and all the other ones that I forget have one thing in common, they handle over critical fans and what if feel is favoritism with sarcasm, right or wrong. I paid the price for that more than once. That stick is retired.

I will take a wild guess and go with "No, you're not right." That is my take anyway and here are my reasons. I respect Pitino for what he did for our program period. The respect ends there and again that is just my take. I have been on record about how I feel about some of our fans reactions to things. Guess what, I am guilty of the same things I rant about at times.

But most of all I am proud of our fans and the way they follow our Cats. I get that from my mom who named her dogs after the players and watching games with her in Rupp and other arenas rank up with the "As good as it gets" commercials. Fred, Crown, Wilma and all the other ones that I forget have one thing in common, they handle over critical fans and what if feel is favoritism with sarcasm, right or wrong. I paid the price for that more than once. That stick is retired.
You just keep on, keeping on, Fred. It's all good.

He was quoting your post a few pages back where you said Pitino was better than Cal.

I know. That was a parroting of posts on rafters and a refection of my feelings at the time. I like many wasn't sure I liked the one and done program at the time. I understand it it a hell of a lot better now and am solid in Cal's corner. I still deep down embrace the idea of kids staying in school longer. But winning helps keep those feelings in check.

It's 5:05 am.

I got tipsy last evening drinkng some Bourbon.

Woke up from an all-too-real dream 15 minutes ago that I was shitting myself. Wiggled out of bed to check undies.

Sheewwwweee! Clean as a whistle. Was close folks...cause I plunked an orca within 2 seconds after the boxer briefs hit the ankles.

Just thought I'd share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT