ADVERTISEMENT

Curry Ball is back Baby!!!!

I remember Moe Williams running for 99 yards in the 1st half against Georgia and then only touching the ball 3 times in the 2nd half. Ralph Hacker asked Curry why Moe only got 3 touches and Curry’s response was something like “Is that so? I’ll have to look into that.”

These days do feel very familiar.

This feels awful familiar for those old enough to remember those days of running the ball straight up the middle into a cloud of dust and getting ours butts kicked by pretty much everyone. I guess were back to being a basketball school.
Obviously you didn't watch the game.

Yeah, brings back memories from my student days at UK during the early 90's. Run it up the middle into a pile of bodies. 3rd and 12? Run it straight into the D line. Kentucky football at it's finest.

I was at that game in the swamp where Tim Couch made his debut and Curry had him running the option. Curry was something else

We would have been better off running the ball every play instead of wasting downs and being behind the chains constantly. I’d kill for Army’s offense right now
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Not even close.
Despite all the whining, we try to throw the ball. For whatever reason we can't.
Curry was about philosophy, Stoops is execution.

Reactions: ukwazoo
We would have been better off running the ball every play instead of wasting downs and being behind the chains constantly. I’d kill for Army’s offense right now
There is too much innovative stuff out there these days for a sec school to continue to look like we do on offense. Sec programs can go hire head coaches to be coordinators now if they really want to.

But this team lost to Georgia by a point this year?

What changed?

It means we have the talent. It’s not talent. As everyone knows, teams take their attitude from the example at the top. CMS is on easy street with his contract and is still not immune from bad decision making. It would help if he would be at every practice for the full practice.

Reactions: OleBluCatz
I dont think it's anywhere near that bad. UK is just what they are in the new NIL era and SEC expansion. They may upset a good team but don't have the talent or depth and the coaching KSAs to ever win anything that matters going forward.

They didn't win anything that matters before since the 1970s but at least we had Two 10 won seasons. Kiss those goodbye going forward IMO.

We have not had an offensive minded head coach since the Mumme era. Time to go after a successful NFL OC like Kliff Kingsbury. The offense has been bad through multiple head coaches and even more coordinators .

I dont think it's anywhere near that bad. UK is just what they are in the new NIL era and SEC expansion. They may upset a good team but don't have the talent or depth and the coaching KSAs to ever win anything that matters going forward.

They didn't win anything that matters before since the 1970s but at least we had Two 10 won seasons. Kiss those goodbye going forward IMO.
That perspective could register to me if we weren’t losing to Vandy and SC and very mediocre Florida.

If Stoops wants to keep being so conservative offensively. he might as well hire a a coordinator that runs a 1970s style offense. Triple option, three yards and a cloud of dust out of the wishbone or wing t lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT