ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford: Kenny Payne decision as early as today

Well if they stupidly fire KP today Danny Manning has said he didn’t want the job so who would coach them in the NCAA tournament? Oh wait lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
QIDVqkU.jpeg

No coach in a major conference should/would want to go there. UL has gone back to the pre Crum days. The portal might help an up and coming young coach. UL is likely toast for the near future .they might as well keep Payne. Their program(if you can call it that) is a joke.

Coaching Changes

@CoachingChanges
·
45m

We try to make it so clear when we are reporting something as fact versus just something we have heard versus our own internal speculation, but people still get very mixed up.This is a FACT.Kenny Payne has agreed to take the buyout.It is 100% done.

What national championship?

Vacated don't count

And the Metro was never a major conference
You must be young and not know much about college basketball history but they have won multiple championships that were not vacated and they're in a major conference now. So where was I wrong?
I hate UL too but facts are facts. Not being in a major conference when they won their titles but being in one now does not make the job less attractive. (I realize my wording could be construed as saying that they won titles while in a major conference but that would be the wrong interpretation; but I probably should have worded it "they're a team in a major conference that has won multiple titles".)

I say yeah, and then when we play them have our head coach get ousted from the game so Kenny can coach against Louisville. The damage isn't done!
did someone from one of our earlier teams say that he was "coach pain" and was critical to their development? i vaguely remember this. if so, could help us again? and also, could this be implemented in a way that has an impact this tourney?

You must be young and not know much about college basketball history but they have won multiple championships that were not vacated and they're in a major conference now. So where was I wrong?
I hate UL too but facts are facts. Not being in a major conference when they won their titles but being in one now does not make the job less attractive. (I realize my wording could be construed as saying that they won titles while in a major conference but that would be the wrong interpretation; but I probably should have worded it "they're a team in a major conference that has won multiple titles".)
Ronald Reagan was President the last time they won a championship. I’m sure some young coach will take the job for a nice pay raise, but they are a glorified mid-major at this point.

Reactions: Jakerz
Ronald Reagan was President the last time they won a championship. I’m sure some young coach will take the job for a nice pay raise, but they are a glorified mid-major at this point.
You're talking to the wrong guy if you want me to take UL's side in an argument.

I would take him over Bruiser Flint

If you don’t mind me asking, why, specifically, would you want Payne instead of Flint?

I have absolute zero knowledge of what strengths and weaknesses Coach Flint has as a Division I assistant basketball coach. Hoping you can break down for me exactly what Coach Payne would bring to the table that Coach Flint is unable to bring.

TIA

UL would really be making a mistake gettibg rid of Payne. They should beef up his contract and hunker down for the king haul.

Hey! He was one of our assistant coaches in the 2010s! You traitor!! Just like Benerick!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT