ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd goes straight RUPPS RAFTERS on Cal

I watch Colin a lot. Really like him, honestly. I think he's far more refreshing than the guys who simply look at stats and score boards, and whose vertical is higher than whose. He's not usually wrong on his takes.

He's spot on here, of course. And from all the times I've watched him, I don't think he's ever gone this hard at someone as he just did with Cal. Even other guys he bashes, there's a sense of "he's not a bad guy" or "its just past his prime". But with Cal, the tone here is that he's a fraud, and his current style is just so far removed from what the fanbase is looking for.

He might be the only coach in major sports over the last several decades, who just doesn't seem to care about winning. Like he wants to lose to teach the fans and the sport a lesson. And that's just not how this works.

Thing is, Cal has done this to himself. He had a reputation for just “rolling the balls out,” and he even screwed that up.

This season, Cal managed to coach worse than he would have if he’d just played the best players and let them do their thing.

Two lottery pick, highly efficient freshmen guards, and a lethal weapon in Reeves, and that’s all you can come up with? Would have been much better off if Cal had stayed home with his dogs.

People that defend Cal need to sit back and think how other major programs would react if they had a coach that has publicly said he’s not here to win ball games. Then turns around and loses a ton of big games and then tries to make our fans look bad for criticizing him. No other blue blood would allow this to happen

He might be the only coach in major sports over the last several decades, who just doesn't seem to care about winning. Like he wants to lose to teach the fans and the sport a lesson. And that's just not how this works.
It’s funny you say that…there have been times during the past few seasons where it truly seems like he was simply allowing the game to get away from us with intent.

Guys, this one is worth reposting. Just brutal.
Maybe not as eloquent, but this is what many of us have been saying for years. I am glad that at least one very loud and visible media person has decided to call out this fraud. Maybe others in the media will latch on as well. With any luck at all, our AD will grow a pair and get rid of this carpetbagger.

Man...finally glad someone famous in the media said all this straight up without any gobbledy gook thrown in.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Every single person who has any leverage about John Calipari's future at Kentucky needs to watch this. Including Cal. This was absolutely spot on.

Kentucky can't hide John Calipari any more. The emperor has no clothes.
Thanks for this post, SF. There is no better literary comparison to John Calipari than the Hans Christian Andersen folk-tale to which you refer. The emperor indeed has no clothes ! ! ! He stands naked before the world, yet he can't - or won't - acknowledge it.
So, BBN has played the role of the little boy in the story. Good for BBN ! ! !

Ever thought of scanning the first few posts to see if someone else already posted it?
Have they? If so, wouldn't it have been enough to say this has already been posted?
Ever thought of any reason why you are an @$$ hole to other UK fans??
I will delete the post.

I've had this issue lately because I've blocked a good portion of the board assholes. In which case I wouldn't have seen it to know it was already posted.

Reactions: cathouse
The national media has never been on Cal this hard.

He has got to be livid over it.
Probably why ESPN was kissing his ass today. He put in some phone calls. That’s what it seemed to me. I mean one of those guys knows he needs to go.

Reactions: cathouse
Probably why ESPN was kissing his ass today. He put in some phone calls. That’s what it seemed to me. I mean one of those guys knows he needs to go.
I am sure the Cal mafia is working overtime behind the scenes to put this firestorm out before it gets completely out of their control.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT