ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys crush the couch this playoff season

BankerCat12

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2012
They got blasted last weekend and would have lost just as bad last night against SF. When will it ever stop and they become a worthwhile playoff team?

Luckily baseball season is around the corner for @MidseasonTweak for his beloved Yankees. Not sure what scene Asheville has for watching baseball but I would assume its better than a place like Wrigleyville.

Bills.. ugh that's the worst way for them to go out.

Really starting to hate the Chiefs. We all knew they were going to get the calls. And sure enough they did. Missed PIs, missed late hits, defenseless receivers. Every 50/50 call went their way. You'd think they were playing at home.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks KC upper management and Kelce's agents devised a brilliant idea in the offseason: Have Travis Kelce date THE most popular celebrity among women in probably 20 years, and the ratings for the Superbowl, if the Chiefs get there, will be astronomical. The NFL stands to gain a LOT of money if the Chiefs make it.

They got blasted last weekend and would have lost just as bad last night against SF. When will it ever stop and they become a worthwhile playoff team?

Luckily baseball season is around the corner for @MidseasonTweak for his beloved Yankees. Not sure what scene Asheville has for watching baseball but I would assume its better than a place like Wrigleyville.
You won't be talking that next year.

• Haha
Reactions: BC_Wader
Bills.. ugh that's the worst way for them to go out.

Really starting to hate the Chiefs. We all knew they were going to get the calls. And sure enough they did. Missed PIs, missed late hits, defenseless receivers. Every 50/50 call went their way. You'd think they were playing at home.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks KC upper management and Kelce's agents devised a brilliant idea in the offseason: Have Travis Kelce date THE most popular celebrity among women in probably 20 years, and the ratings for the Superbowl, if the Chiefs get there, will be astronomical. The NFL stands to gain a LOT of money if the Chiefs make it.

Taterhead is gonna make a cameo at halftime with Usher and shake it off and sing a duet of these are my confessions and admit the relationship is over and now Kelce and her got bad blood or something like that.

Taterhead is gonna make a cameo at halftime with Usher and shake it off and sing a duet of these are my confessions and admit the relationship is over and now Kelce and her got bad blood or something like that.

So I heard that mentioned "what if she plays the halftime show?".. I have to think the NFL would lose all credibility and would be under severe scrutiny if they did that lol.

I know at least one person in this house hold, who would otherwise never watch the SB, even for the commercials, who will watch a good hour or two of it now, just to see Swift... and she's FAR from the only basic white girl to do so.

So I heard that mentioned "what if she plays the halftime show?".. I have to think the NFL would lose all credibility and would be under severe scrutiny if they did that lol.

I know at least one person in this house hold, who would otherwise never watch the SB, even for the commercials, who will watch a good hour or two of it now, just to see Swift... and she's FAR from the only basic white girl to do so.

I have to assume the silly Taylor angle has led to small increases in ratings for the super freaky Taylor fans watching just to see her hug people in a box and cheer.

My wife loves ts and I have to tolerate her Playlist on roadtrips. And she wonders why I'm so mad driving lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I have to assume the silly Taylor angle has led to small increases in ratings for the super freaky Taylor fans watching just to see her hug people in a box and cheer.

My wife loves ts and I have to tolerate her Playlist on roadtrips. And she wonders why I'm so mad driving lol.
I have two girls and they would 1000% watch the SB if they knew TS was doing the halftime show. Any football team that is red they ask me which guy is Travis.

Not scared to admit it, there could be much worse music my wife/kids could play over TS music.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I have two girls and they would 1000% watch the SB if they knew TS was doing the halftime show. Any football team that is red they ask me which guy is Travis.

Not scared to admit it, there could be much worse music my wife/kids could play over TS music.

I have zero problems with TS' music or her persona. She seems like a good person and has the smarts to handle her music as a business. Dont even mind her at the games.

But.. if this becomes a ploy for the Chiefs and therefore the NFL, then that's a problem. A big one. Regardless of what we think.. the NFL stands to gain tens of millions, maybe more.. if TS is at the game. Think of the added commercial revenue. Beauty product commercials will throw their money at this..

Keep an eye on those 50/50 calls at Baltimore, holding calls, suspect PIs, etc lol.

And there's call #1. They did a replay of the play but they didn't show what the penalty was, not even zoomed in. I know where the flag was thrown, there was no contact at all.

And there's call #1. They did a replay of the play but they didn't show what the penalty was, not even zoomed in. I know where the flag was thrown, there was no contact at all.
Lamar did what Lamar does. Not step up in big playoff games. Missed some deep throws. Bad pick. You knew it would happen in the second half when they showed him on the sideline. Body language was horrid. Dude has a ton of talent but just isn’t a winner

Lamar did what Lamar does. Not step up in big playoff games. Missed some deep throws. Bad pick. You knew it would happen in the second half when they showed him on the sideline. Body language was horrid. Dude has a ton of talent but just isn’t a winner

That's probably true.. and now the talk of him choking only gets louder. Baltimore certainly didn't play a good game, or a smart game for sure.

But once again, you saw those calls swing KC's way. Several bad PIs not called. Was Baltimore perfect? Of course not, But I think they played well enough to win.

And sure enough, a report came out that Taylor Swift has generated $440 MILLION for the Chiefs brand. SO what do you think she generated for the NFL as a whole? The league is definitely trying to get KC into the superbowl.

That's probably true.. and now the talk of him choking only gets louder. Baltimore certainly didn't play a good game, or a smart game for sure.

But once again, you saw those calls swing KC's way. Several bad PIs not called. Was Baltimore perfect? Of course not, But I think they played well enough to win.

And sure enough, a report came out that Taylor Swift has generated $440 MILLION for the Chiefs brand. SO what do you think she generated for the NFL as a whole? The league is definitely trying to get KC into the superbowl.
Conspiracy theories get old. Chiefs had the far better qb and defense. Ravens couldn’t stop Kelce at all. There were bad calls both way (as there are in every game). The “hold” on the chiefs at the end of the first half negated a touchdown and cost the chiefs four there. That was as bad of a call as we saw last night. If I was a ravens fan I would be irate w flowers. Kid is really good but cost them the game. The taunting penalty pushed them back 15 yards. Otherwise they were close to the 10. Because of that they probably changed their play calling somewhat and then Sneed blasted him at the goal line to get the touchback. That was the turning point of the game

Reactions: GeraldV
Conspiracy theories get old. Chiefs had the far better qb and defense. Ravens couldn’t stop Kelce at all. There were bad calls both way (as there are in every game). The “hold” on the chiefs at the end of the first half negated a touchdown and cost the chiefs four there. That was as bad of a call as we saw last night. If I was a ravens fan I would be irate w flowers. Kid is really good but cost them the game. The taunting penalty pushed them back 15 yards. Otherwise they were close to the 10. Because of that they probably changed their play calling somewhat and then Sneed blasted him at the goal line to get the touchback. That was the turning point of the game

I disagree. you saw it with the Buffalo game too. The NFL clearly has a ton to be gained from KC going to the Superbowl. KC doesn't get called for PI, just like Brady and the Pats never got called for it either. Now I'm not saying KC would have lost either game.. but those 50/50 calls were just enough to make sure KC was pushed through.

Sports is "Sports Entertainment" now, and owners and league execs only care about making money. In almost every league, there are some teams that get a little extra nudge, because they generate more views which generates more money.

I think it's naive to think the sports world is fully on the up and up.. that there aren't SOME strings being pulled at times for financial reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT