ADVERTISEMENT

Courier-Journal Compares Louisville Athletics to a Crime Syndicate

They're gonna need a bigger jail.

OTIS%20chicken%20bucket_zpswiiltaf9.jpg
Agree, forget about expanding football stadiums, time to enlarge the prisons in the Commonwealth.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
It went like this:

Money ===>UL Foundation===>UL Athletics===>UL General operations fund.

UL made a big deal a few years ago that it's athletics department was giving money back to the cash-strapped university to help it give raises to the faculty. But it was a shell game, Ramsey as head of the Foundation just sent money to the athletics department which then passed some of it back to UL, also headed by Ramsey. And in the process Ramsey got a new golf course to play on, and a crapload of game tickets to dole out to his pals, and he hoodwinked the ACC into believing the university was on solid financial footing, which it wasn't and still isn't. They have been papering over a financial disaster there, liquidating endowment funds and playing a shell game to hide it all.

It's really massive corruption, mismanagement of funds, incompetence, self dealing, fraud, lies, and possibly embezzlement. And as another article in the C-J noted, it's just the end of a loooong string of financial and other shenanigans at UL.

The state really needs to declare and emergency appoint a receiver to clean the place out. I'm guessing that UL is actually insolvent right now, and that should NEVER happen to a university of that size and stature. And there are more bodies buried there that need to be unearthed.

It went like this:

Money ===>UL Foundation===>UL Athletics===>UL General operations fund.

UL made a big deal a few years ago that it's athletics department was giving money back to the cash-strapped university to help it give raises to the faculty. But it was a shell game, Ramsey as head of the Foundation just sent money to the athletics department which then passed some of it back to UL, also headed by Ramsey. And in the process Ramsey got a new golf course to play on, and a crapload of game tickets to dole out to his pals, and he hoodwinked the ACC into believing the university was on solid financial footing, which it wasn't and still isn't. They have been papering over a financial disaster there, liquidating endowment funds and playing a shell game to hide it all.

It's really massive corruption, mismanagement of funds, incompetence, self dealing, fraud, lies, and possibly embezzlement. And as another article in the C-J noted, it's just the end of a loooong string of financial and other shenanigans at UL.

The state really needs to declare and emergency appoint a receiver to clean the place out. I'm guessing that UL is actually insolvent right now, and that should NEVER happen to a university of that size and stature. And there are more bodies buried there that need to be unearthed.

There is another thread posted where the problem arises.

The law firm where Beshear worked before his election represented the foundation for years. Beshear said Monday he didn’t perform any legal work for the foundation.

Asked if his past ties to the firm might necessitate his recusal if charges are pursued, he said: “I don’t think that we’ve seen anything now that would suggest that’s appropriate.” He added he’d be willing to “re-evaluate” if “we reach a point where there are concerns about that.”

You have a corrupt AG sitting in a position to kill the criminal charges. His motivation is NOT to see this go criminal because his father placed people on UofL's board and took money from them. He also has tried to stop the current governor at every turn when it came to cleaning out the board.

There is another thread posted where the problem arises.

You have a corrupt AG sitting in a position to kill the criminal charges. His motivation is NOT to see this go criminal because his father placed people on UofL's board and took money from them. He also has tried to stop the current governor at every turn when it came to cleaning out the board.
I'll never understand why the idiots in Kentucky elected Andy BeShear as Attorney general,he is part of the problem and covering up or exhonorating all the Criminal Activity under his Daddy and Mitch McConnell involved with that Mafiosa Org UL

I'll never understand why the idiots in Kentucky elected Andy BeShear as Attorney general,he is part of the problem and covering up or exhonorating all the Criminal Activity under his Daddy and Mitch McConnell involved with that Mafiosa Org UL

Just curious. How is Mitch McConnell involved? He went to school there 50 years ago....but a US Senator in DC has no jurisdiction at all over a state university. We have a LOT of governors to blame because that is how a state government works....but the only thing that you could say about any US member of KY's congressional delegation who have no jurisdiction is that they may have been silent.

Just curious. How is Mitch McConnell involved? He went to school there 50 years ago....but a US Senator in DC has no jurisdiction at all over a state university. We have a LOT of governors to blame because that is how a state government works....but the only thing that you could say about any US member of KY's congressional delegation who have no jurisdiction is that they may have been silent.
Mitch McConnell has been involved in every shady deal at UL,including the Yum Center.McConnell has been getting his cut of the $$$ as well,can I prove these allegations? Certainly not,but I guarantee that he is just as involved as the Beshears and a bunch of Democrat Legislators are.

Mitch McConnell has been involved in every shady deal at UL,including the Yum Center.McConnell has been getting his cut of the $$$ as well,can I prove these allegations? Certainly not,but I guarantee that he is just as involved as the Beshears and a bunch of Democrat Legislators are.

I think your dislike for McConnell is getting in the way of your brain on this one. He certainly has supported his alma mater. I hate that place but I do not believe McConnell spends his time worrying about their athletic department or its sports teams. I dont get the impression he is into sports.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/mi...uisville-pro-team-because-he-doesnt-like-nba/

Now,why would the Senate Majority Leader and elder Senator from Kentucky be against a Pro Team in Louisville that would put the Yum center in the black instead of the shady bankruptcy dealings happening now with the Yum and the Pitino-Jurich Cartel?

“I’m a little biased because I personally don’t care much for the NBA,” he said. “I’m just not interested in it. So it wouldn’t have a lot of appeal to me. In terms of the economics of it, does it compete with UK or U of L? Is it value-added or value-subtracted? You’d have to ask the coaches.”

I hear the same from our own fans.

I think if Mitch - head republican-calls our Rep Gov he certainly will have input about whether he thinks the state should pursue the audit. I can guess what his opinion would be. I know the original scheduled state audit of the Yum Center got cancelled after a political pow wow back in Gov Beshears day.

I think your dislike for McConnell is getting in the way of your brain on this one. He certainly has supported his alma mater. I hate that place but I do not believe McConnell spends his time worrying about their athletic department or its sports teams. I dont get the impression he is into sports.
Maybe not,but he certainly is into the $$$ he's raking in over the crooked dealings

Maybe not,but he certainly is into the $$$ he's raking in over the crooked dealings

I don't get how anyone can still claim, with a straight face, that any politician isn't on the take. I'm sure his wife had money. I'm also sure you don't spend 3 decades, or whatever it is, in Washington and not make a few million of your own off of taxpayers in the current climate.

Every one of you that still take sides politically and claim that your side is morally or ethically superior are just playing right into their hands and they'll continue to rob us all blind. Primo heath care, salary for life, inside deals. Sickening.

Who or what funds the Louisville foundation?

Donations from people who think that they are funding research or other investments for the university.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Securities and Exchange Commission becomes involved for price fixing stocks for board-related parties.

Donations from people who think that they are funding research or other investments for the university.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Securities and Exchange Commission becomes involved for price fixing stocks for board-related parties.
I looked at their web site. They are managing U of L's endowments. This is all pretty low down and dirty.

Well you can't get much more damning than that article. Apparently the CJ has determined that it's time for rats to desert the sinking ship. I'm starting to think the hammer may fall and it might even hit some crooked politicians.

We can only hope! LOL

Reactions: Ugoff
Well you can't get much more damning than that article. Apparently the CJ has determined that it's time for rats to desert the sinking ship. I'm starting to think the hammer may fall and it might even hit some crooked politicians.

Man in charge, Jurich, will be hard to overcome. Won't let his empire go easily.

Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT