ADVERTISEMENT

Courier-Journal Says Firing Pitino Might be Louisville's Choice

Oct 5, 2005
Pitino is toast if U of L gets some assurance that the banner could stay up after the appeal. If not, why would they fire him now? It's all going to be about that banner.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
I thought Joseph Gerth would be swimming with the fishes after his last article calling UofL Athletics a mafia. Props for having some stones!!

Pitino: "Some of the instances were between 10pm-8am. I'm 64 years old. I can't stay up that late." (What a crock! It's called a curfew.)

Oh and when Pitino mentioned Jim Valvano after he got sick: "I asked Jim how he was feeling... He said the NCAA Investigation (at NC State) broke down his immune system." :mad::mad::mad::mad: Sorry, but wtf?!?

Vega$ bound.

vegass_zpspimz6umc.jpeg

If I were in charge of Louisville and cared about the University and the student-athletes, I'd do the following;

- Make a public apology about the instances that occurred at UL.
- Forfeit all the games and return the banners.
- Fire the AD, the HC, and the compliance officer.
- Make a public search, FIRST, for a nationally respected compliance officer and have them work diligently in the process of the new hires replacing the AD and HC.

I would put all the emphasis on repairing a tarnished and tainted image/brand and work up from there to success in sports. I'd work fast to get all this behind us by owning up to it, fixing it, and hopefully earning the respect from recruits, parents, and the fans.. to get back to winning, but this time with integrity as the foundation.

If I were in charge of Louisville and cared about the University and the student-athletes, I'd do the following;

- Make a public search, FIRST, for a nationally respected compliance officer and have them work diligently in the process of the new hires replacing the AD and HC.

I would put all the emphasis on repairing a tarnished and tainted image/brand and work up from there to success in sports. I'd work fast to get all this behind us by owning up to it, fixing it, and hopefully earning the respect from recruits, parents, and the fans.. to get back to winning, but this time with integrity as the foundation.

Makes too much sense. It will never happen.;)

Too late. UK would've fired him and the AD. The appeal is silly. Digging deeper hole.

I'm honestly trying to think of a program that wouldn't fire their coach and AD after that.

You're hiring HOOKERS for players and recruits! Think about that. 99.9% of fan bases would demand the athletic department be cleaned out.

If you want to take a look at the mindset of Uofl' fan base, here it is. This is why they are the absolute WORST fan base in sports. THE WORST.

U of L = C.R.E.A.M

They aren't firing anyone. If they do they are morons since the horse is already out of the barn.

How can you name Michigan the champion? For all you know, had Wichita State defeated Louisville in the FF, they would be champions.

Reactions: 59coop

Very good post and exactly what I told my sons and my wife yesterday. Why do they insist on keeping the fight going? But there is no one with integrity at that institution so we shall see how this plays out.

Pitino is toast if U of L gets some assurance that the banner could stay up after the appeal. If not, why would they fire him now? It's all going to be about that banner.

Good point. I think if they would've fired him a year ago they would still have the banner. After reading the report, I feel like the fact they still have the guy at root of the problem as their coach is one of the biggest reasons they got hammered so bad. Had they fired him and disconnected themselves from the scandal, I'd bet the penalties would be significantly less. They were defiantly arrogant in their remark and how they treated the issue. Now, they're paying for those mistakes.

I thought Joseph Gerth would be swimming with the fishes after his last article calling UofL Athletics a mafia. Props for having some stones!!

Pitino: "Some of the instances were between 10pm-8am. I'm 64 years old. I can't stay up that late." (What a crock! It's called a curfew.)

Oh and when Pitino mentioned Jim Valvano after he got sick: "I asked Jim how he was feeling... He said the NCAA Investigation (at NC State) broke down his immune system." :mad::mad::mad::mad: Sorry, but wtf?!?

Rick is a sorry piece of shit and a miserable human being. Anytime he has to face the media and might face criticism, he brings up a deceased person (Ted Kennedy, his brother-in-law, Jimmy V.) in hopes the media will back off him.

He knows no limits and really thinks he's bigger than the NCAA too.

How can you name Michigan the champion? For all you know, had Wichita State defeated Louisville in the FF, they would be champions.

You wouldnt. There will be no champion for '13. This is why most people always believed the ncaa will never take a basketball title. And im sure louisville believed once they won the title, that settled it. Like in 2008 with kansas and memphis, most believed whoever won that title would be let go while the loser got penalties. And true to form thats what happened.

I think this is louisvilles defense in a nut shell. After all the years and all the scandals, they are the only ones to lose a title. Penatly too harsh in their minds.

Well louisville, you sold f'n prostitutes to kids and parents AND players. Even if its not the worst scandal, its the sickest thats been PROVEN. you lose.

Let me just say I agree that everything you said they should do, should be done.That is almost exactly what UK tried to do in 1989...

But it seems we live in a much different world these days. Success by any means necessary is glorified today. The goal of winning with integrity seems to have lost any meaning.

Last edited:
You wouldnt. There will be no champion for '13. This is why most people always believed the ncaa will never take a basketball title. And im sure louisville believed once they won the title, that settled it. Like in 2008 with kansas and memphis, most believed whoever won that title would be let go while the loser got penalties. And true to form thats what happened.

I think this is louisvilles defense in a nut shell. After all the years and all the scandals, they are the only ones to lose a title. Penatly too harsh in their minds.

Well louisville, you sold f'n prostitutes to kids and parents AND players. Even if its not the worst scandal, its the sickest thats been PROVEN. you lose.
To quote Carol Cartwright, it was repugnant. That's a very powerful word.

Reactions: morgousky
Good point. I think if they would've fired him a year ago they would still have the banner. After reading the report, I feel like the fact they still have the guy at root of the problem as their coach is one of the biggest reasons they got hammered so bad. Had they fired him and disconnected themselves from the scandal, I'd bet the penalties would be significantly less. They were defiantly arrogant in their remark and how they treated the issue. Now, they're paying for those mistakes.
...........I don't know. You guys may be right since that would show U of L going to drastic measures. But the bottom line is they still played with ineligible players. Don't really know how you get around that.

Reactions: Bluest Member
What a smug little prick 3stax is, after all they have been found guilty of, he whines and fears his immune system may suffer harm, because he's given a 5 game suspension.

His arrogance is absolutely boundless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT