ADVERTISEMENT

Could the SECT Final Now Mean Something?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
With the teams that went down tonight in Conference Tournaments if SECT Final on Sunday is UK vs UT could the Committee have the Brackets Set on Saturday with the Winner on Sunday be a 2 and the loser a 3?

Tennessee is a lock for a 2 seed at worst. Could be more along the lines of a 1 seed on the line for UT and the top 3 seed for Kentucky. I still don’t see a path for a 2 seed for us
We should be a 1 after we win this tournament. But we won’t be.

The nerd numbers don’t matter anyway.

Play the damn games.

With the teams that went down tonight in Conference Tournaments if SECT Final on Sunday is UK vs UT could the Committee have the Brackets Set on Saturday with the Winner on Sunday be a 2 and the loser a 3?
There is zero chance in hell Tennessee would fall to a 3 seed.

And no, we have been told countless times the SECT final only matters if a team needs to win it to get in the field.

They tell us this .... every .... year.

And no, we have been told countless times the SECT final only matters if a team needs to win it to get in the field.

If UK happened to win it as rattle off three straight Q1 wins it better matter for something.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
ut A 1 with a win, 2 otherwise. us a 2 with a win 3 otherwise. Thats how it SHOULD play out but we are talking bout the ncaacc.

Just beat A&M and we should be feeling great about a 3 seed. Gets a little dicey if Illinois goes on a run and Bama beats us but think tomorrow should all but lock up a 3.

Reactions: gharding07

And the SEC powers that be STILL have done nothing to change the tournament to end on Saturday.

Reactions: storm1507
Tennessee is a lock for a 2 seed at worst. Could be more along the lines of a 1 seed on the line for UT and the top 3 seed for Kentucky. I still don’t see a path for a 2 seed for us
You are right about UT, if they win they have a very valid case for a 1. So we old UNC if they win (what is looking like a cake walk for them).
But you are wrong about UK. We are borderline 3/4 4/3 right now. A win vs TAMU probably ensures us ahead of Duke and likely makes us an almost sure 3. Win 2 more (likely vs top 10 NET teams) and we are probably a leading candidate for that last 2. The other teams with a chance are Creighton, Baylor, Marq. And the 4 of us are REALLY CLOSE.

Reactions: fatguy87
With Duke and Creighton losing, at the very least this game tomorrow should matter a ton for seeding. Hopefully Marquette loses too. Then if we advance to the final, I think it makes it pretty clear we should have a 2 seed locked in.

You are right about UT, if they win they have a very valid case for a 1. So we old UNC if they win (what is looking like a cake walk for them).
But you are wrong about UK. We are borderline 3/4 4/3 right now. A win vs TAMU probably ensures us ahead of Duke and likely makes us an almost sure 3. Win 2 more (likely vs top 10 NET teams) and we are probably a leading candidate for that last 2. The other teams with a chance are Creighton, Baylor, Marq. And the 4 of us are REALLY CLOSE.
You know what, you’re right. Really need Marquette and Baylor to fall short of their final, preferably even the semis and ill start to believe.

First and foremost...Friday nights vs A&M stamps their ticket to the tournament. Better be ready or Sunday won't matter.

Waste of time to worry about tomorrow's game. UK gonna win big. Save the worries for Florida or Bama Saturday i suppose.
In tournament play you only worry about who's next. We haven't been exactly juggernauts in tournament play of late. I think it will be a tough game,especially if officiated loosely

Reactions: RunninRichie
We aren't getting a 2 seed people...

Baylor and Marquette have much better resumes than we do. Baylor has TEN quad 1 wins.

No we tell ourselves this. I don't think it's completely true.

And the SEC powers that be STILL have done nothing to change the tournament to end on Saturday.
They never will. Money, Money, Money. Some league has to fill that Sunday slot for the advertisers. Lucky Us.

With Duke and Creighton losing, at the very least this game tomorrow should matter a ton for seeding. Hopefully Marquette loses too. Then if we advance to the final, I think it makes it pretty clear we should have a 2 seed locked in.

Houston, Purdue, UConn are locks for 1 seeds and Tennessee, Arizona, and UNC are locks for at least a 2. The winner of Baylor and Iowa St today is probably locked in as a 2. That leaves only one 2-seed up for grabs. Marquette could get it even if they lose today, WILL have it if they win today. I'm just afraid that we'll win the SEC tournament and still get the 3 because they have the bracket set with Marquette as a 2.

Reactions: BigKari
Houston, Purdue, UConn are locks for 1 seeds and Tennessee, Arizona, and UNC are locks for at least a 2. The winner of Baylor and Iowa St today is probably locked in as a 2. That leaves only one 2-seed up for grabs. Marquette could get it even if they lose today, WILL have it if they win today. I'm just afraid that we'll win the SEC tournament and still get the 3 because they have the bracket set with Marquette as a 2.
That’s kind of what I’m seeing. I think we all need to be rooting extremely hard for Providence today. Marquette loses and UK ends up going to the final, I think that looks really good for us.

Reactions: ganner918
Odds are on Sunday by the time the SEC tourney final starts the committee will most likely already have the bracket in place and only have a couple of spots left to settle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT